Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #21
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Not sure I understand the whole fatigue thing. I'm in a tournament with 1986 as the year. I can go with a 3 man rotation and have all three of my starters be 100% rested for each start. I've played in a lot of tournaments that I can go with a 3 man rotation. I can see that for really early years, but not 1986
Old 11-19-2019, 11:25 PM   #22
Quavis
Bat Boy

Pitchers needs to go back to normal at least. Pitcher fatigue at the end of a 7 game series is much better than the current closers being used as starters meta.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:47 PM   #23
neugey
All Star Reserve

Based on what others are saying, I'd say put the pitching stamina back to normal. If it is extra-innings games giving difficulty, implement the rule in extra-innings where each half-inning starts with a runner on 2nd base. This might be a lot to code though until OOTP 21.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:47 PM   #24
steamrollers
Minors (Single A)

I'm on board with what many are saying. It needs to be changed back. The bullpen pitchers ability to basically start games as if they are a starter is bad enough but it is pretty much at the point there is no reason to roll with anything more than a 3 man rotation. Lots of teams are just taking advantage now with 3 perfect pitchers in low cap tourneys and a bunch of scrubs that never have to come in the game. Then a few days later when they are barely at about 60 stamina they come back for another dominating 120 pitch shutdown.
steamrollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:37 AM   #25
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I am now convinced that pitcher fatigue needs to be adjusted

Please at least just let us know so I don't keep sending in lineups based on how tournaments used to operate

Last edited by dkgo; 11-20-2019 at 12:45 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:04 AM   #26
Barmy Fungy-Phipps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I agree pitcher fatigue needs to be adjusted back. I would be on board with a single guaranteed rest day between rounds to mitigate exhaustion if that softens the impact.
Barmy Fungy-Phipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:09 AM   #27
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I knew something was up when my starters (real, actual starters) were in the 130-150 pitch range. Please add my vote to the "back to normal" crowd.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:22 AM   #28
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

Fatigue rules should reflect reality. As was noted above 150 pitch counts should only be possible in the early days time frame. Also, as was posted earlier in the thread I am concerned about the use of reserves. I have noticed even in regular PT, reserves are pretty much ignored during the playoffs. If I have a player set to go every other day he never starts a playoff game. I get the policy of all hands on deck (tired or not) in an elimination game, but otherwise platooning should follow our presets during the playoffs or during tournaments the same as in the regular season. Right now our choices there seem to have little effect.

Tigers only

Featuring stars from the 60s, 70s, & 80s
Cobbiusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:45 AM   #29
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK folks, thanks for your feedback! We will update the servers now, and the pitcher fatigue is back to the regular PT league default. Also, we have significantly reduced the number of pitches a pure reliever (stamina less than 25 / 100) can throw when used as a SP.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #30
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I am not seeing the position players subs being used when set to “if starter tired”. Has anyone noticed this?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:16 PM   #31
daves
Hall Of Famer

How about 30 man rosters instead of 25?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:24 AM   #32
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
How about 30 man rosters instead of 25?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why're you looking for more? The cap? I was thinking 21-24 players without the marathon that is the regular season.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #33
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am not seeing the position players subs being used when set to “if starter tired”. Has anyone noticed this?
Yes, I have. I've also noticed the AI ignoring my 7-day lineups.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:08 AM   #34
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

No more starts for you, John Franco. Back to the pen!

Thanks devs, you created almost as much reliever-starting statistical noise as tye converse for a while.

Thanks very much for the fix.

Sorry for you folks searching for silver or bronze starters, though.

Both are being heavily market-manipulated at the moment.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #35
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
For me the big problem has been position player fatigue, not pitcher fatigue. The AI keeps playing guys until 5 or 6 guys are all tired at once, and micro-ing is not always possible. I have not experienced any exceptional bullpen fatigue. My starters pitch many complete games even though I have quickest hook possible set. Contrast with the standard game where my starters had 1 complete game last week in the regular game with quick hook set 3 clicks left of center. Maybe that's because my pitchers all top ten starters and my bullpen are all starters (who may recover stamina more quickly, or have more to use up). It seems to me if you put pitcher stamina back to normal you just transfer the problem to position player fatigue. If it's possible, I think a day off between series should be mandatory even if all teams are ready to play would be a nice compromise. You don't get a day off if you sweep if all your opponents sweep, too. (Meanwhile, work on separating starting pitcher stamina from bullpen pitching stamina!) Another possibility is to increase roster size to 26, which is happening in real life in 2020 anyway So for our tournaments maybe 27 is a good number. Another possibility is to allow for switching out players between series as is possible in regular game postseason.
Way to many teams with pitching staff including relievers with top STARTING PITCHERS used as relievers. I've quit playing tournaments because of this. Just don't stand a chance & same teams winning tourneys over & over. I'm done with tourneys & pretty much PT until teams are not allowed to have pitching staffs full of starters. Just me & I'm sure others feel the same but scared to get ripped on boards
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #36
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OK folks, thanks for your feedback! We will update the servers now, and the pitcher fatigue is back to the regular PT league default. Also, we have significantly reduced the number of pitches a pure reliever (stamina less than 25 / 100) can throw when used as a SP.

Way to many teams with pitching staff including relievers with top STARTING PITCHERS used as relievers. I've quit playing tournaments because of this. Just don't stand a chance & same teams winning tourneys over & over. I'm done with tourneys & pretty much PT until teams are not allowed to have pitching staffs full of starters. Just me & I'm sure others feel the same but scared to get ripped on boards
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:27 PM   #37
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I feel the same way about that as player training. The game is less interesting when you can just put anyone anywhere
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:01 PM   #38
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
I don't see much difference between that and buying 5 or 6 elite closers. What's next, a limit on the number of closers on a team? Smoltz was an elite starter and closer during his career. Let's solve that one by making another Smoltz 100 labelled closer.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote