Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:08 PM   #1
sjgmoney
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Getting email to work

Having an issue in my online league, Results email that goes out at end of sim is no longer working. Was using my Verizon.net email to send it out, been doing it for years (because I was told using gmail didn't work) but not this email isn't working. I'm thinking it's because AOL (which now handles Verizon.net emails) changed their settings or something.

Anybody have any help here? Anybody running into this problem? Anybody use GMail successfully to send out these emails? Thanks
sjgmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:59 AM   #2
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

i use an smtp relay service, the free service works for me since i only send the ootp emails through it
https://www.smtp2go.com/

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 12-31-2017 at 03:01 AM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:26 AM   #3
Nimrod2199
Minors (Double A)

Most of the big email sites have a smtp mail address you can still use a gmail or hotmail account no need to go through another service
Nimrod2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:28 AM   #4
Nimrod2199
Minors (Double A)

The smtp address for gmail is smtp.gmail.com port 465 SSL enabled
Old 01-01-2018, 01:24 AM   #5
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod2199 View Post
Most of the big email sites have a smtp mail address you can still use a gmail or hotmail account no need to go through another service
yes they are set up for sending email through a client like outlook butgo ahead and set ootp with 20-24 emails addresses and send the emails without them getting rejected as spam by their systems, show us all how it works. inquiring minds want to know

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-01-2018 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:29 AM   #6
Nimrod2199
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
yes they are set up for sending email through a client like outlook butgo ahead and set ootp with 20-24 emails addresses and send the emails without them getting rejected as spam by their systems, show us all how it works. inquiring minds want to know

Attached a photo of my settings. Just enter all the GMs emails into their manager profiles in game, then after the sim send out the emails via ootp. As soon as the file is uploaded i send out the emails letting the guys know they can download. Hope this helps!
Attached Images
Old 01-01-2018, 11:57 AM   #7
captaincoop17
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
i use an smtp relay service, the free service works for me since i only send the ootp emails through it
https://www.smtp2go.com/
This seems to fix the issue for Mac's... I highly recommend that everyone running a league on a Mac use this.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:56 AM   #8
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod2199 View Post
Attached a photo of my settings. Just enter all the GMs emails into their manager profiles in game, then after the sim send out the emails via ootp. As soon as the file is uploaded i send out the emails letting the guys know they can download. Hope this helps!
i could never get it to send more than a handful of the emails.

but i also don't understand why using gmail would be better than a dedicated service that doesn't invade your privacy like gmail does. (not that privacy matters for ootp emails, it's a principle of the thing) they do the exact same thing... send mass emails. and the service is easier to get working

Old 01-06-2018, 06:04 AM   #9
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincoop17 View Post
This seems to fix the issue for Mac's... I highly recommend that everyone running a league on a Mac use this.
it's not just MAC's i have the same issues. who the hell knows how google's algorithms decide who gets to send these types of emails. when i made a gmail account it wouldn't send any. When I used my university gmail account but it would only send a handful of emails before rejecting the rest as spam. and setting up my home email server to send these would have been a royal pain. I would have had to send in an application for a special certificate.

for anybody having problems getting emails to work, the service is a free & easy alternative

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-06-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:02 PM   #10
hank9481
Major Leagues

This is because Markus and his buddies simply don't give two ****s whether there's a bug in a previous version. They aren't worried about fixing it. They are worried about dollars. It's like Madden. Just roll out a new product every single year because you can, polish it up with some 3D garbage or something and call it an upgrade. It's pretty ****ty business practice.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:56 AM   #11
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank9481 View Post
This is because Markus and his buddies simply don't give two ****s whether there's a bug in a previous version. They aren't worried about fixing it. They are worried about dollars.
You don't say. And they run a business that way?
Old 06-09-2018, 06:35 PM   #12
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

Probably 100% user error but I followed the aforementioned suggestions but I still get a connect error.

Name:  gmail.png
Views: 868
Size:  22.9 KB

Name:  error.png
Views: 793
Size:  13.6 KB

I even went the smtp2go route and used that smtp address and the pw they gave with the same error.

A little help from my friends would be great. Thanks!
SupermanBSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:01 PM   #13
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

I changed this setting on Gmail and it resolved the problem.

probably not something you want to do if you are using your "primary" gmail account. But if you have one just for the league it should be fine
Attached Images

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #14
Nofulyn
Bat Boy

Does anyone know the OOTP address? Not email, that is ignored. I want to write a letter on paper, put it in an envelope, and take it to the post office.
Nofulyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:34 PM   #15
Nofulyn
Bat Boy

Now that my OOTP software is frozen, instead of buying Perfect points, I buy baseball cards from my youth! Check out Amazon and ebay!
Nofulyn is offline   Reply With Quote