Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:37 AM   #21
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Yeah, I found that.. just cant find the league rule that defines what it means when a player qualifies as a prospect.
Looked around, just as lost as you are now lol..
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:37 AM   #22
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Looked around, just as lost as you are now lol..
My girlfriend used to work for the BSens. I'll ask her in the morning lol.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:44 AM   #23
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure that's 100% true. the NHL/AHL two way contracts usually carry a different salary with each so, for example, if a player makes $1 million at the NHL level he might only make $100,000 at the AHL level. Not all players who have NHL only contracts have their waiver rights expired. Edmonton could send McDavid to Bakersfield tomorrow.

On the other end, Scott Wedgewood is on a two way contract, and needed to clear waivers to go to Albany this year.
Ahh, yeah I wasn't too sure if that was how it worked. This explains how waivers work, but I have no idea how accurate this is to the way it works in FHM 3: Waivers 101: A Guide to the NHL Waiver Rules - Pension Plan Puppets

From what I took from it, it depends on the amount of games played in the real life NHL. Is FHM 3 the same way?
Old 10-18-2016, 01:46 AM   #24
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ahh, yeah I wasn't too sure if that was how it worked. This explains how waivers work, but I have no idea how accurate this is to the way it works in FHM 3: Waivers 101: A Guide to the NHL Waiver Rules - Pension Plan Puppets

From what I took from it, it depends on the amount of games played in the real life NHL. Is FHM 3 the same way?
I would expect as much. It'd just be nice if 1. the preseason roster was unlimited, or at least larger, and 2. There was something to indicate that a player is waiver eligible during the preseason.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 01:50 AM   #25
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Also, looking through the PPP guide, I should be able to send those players down 12 days before the regular season starts. If I send those players down prior to October 1 (season started October 12) which I did, they should not have had to clear waivers. The game, however, told me that they did in fact have to clear waivers.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 01:53 AM   #26
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I would expect as much. It'd just be nice if 1. the preseason roster was unlimited, or at least larger, and 2. There was something to indicate that a player is waiver eligible during the preseason.
Yeah, I wish it was unlimited too. That would make everything so much easier with training camp.

IIRC, in FHM 2 you would receive an email a few days before the waiver deadline warning you certain players were about to be waived. I think that should be reintroduced into the game, it would help remove the mystery behind waivers.

Of course something in the player profile that shows they'd be waiver eligible during the regular season would be even better.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:54 AM   #27
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I wish it was unlimited too. That would make everything so much easier with training camp.

IIRC, in FHM 2 you would receive an email a few days before the waiver deadline warning you certain players were about to be waived. I think that should be reintroduced into the game, it would help remove the mystery behind waivers.

Of course something in the player profile that shows they'd be waiver eligible during the regular season would be even better.
On the Player Info page, there is a column for "Waiver Eligible" but the entire column reads "NO" for every player in the preseason.

Waivers just need to be fixed so they work properly. That's all.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 01:55 AM   #28
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

That's just a function of the way the game handles pre-season for now. It was the same way in FHM2. There is a forum post from a dev over there that explains the reason it is the way it is, but the jist of it is that it creates way too much havoc to expand the rosters... among other things, the AI gets totally whacked out.

Another thing not accurately modeled in the game yet is post-trade deadline rostering. The NHL roster expands after the trade deadline. You are not limited by roster spaces, but you are still limited by the salary cap. You also get a max of 4 AHL call-ups after the deadline (not including emergency conditions).
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:02 AM   #29
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
On the Player Info page, there is a column for "Waiver Eligible" but the entire column reads "NO" for every player in the preseason.

Waivers just need to be fixed so they work properly. That's all.
Yeah, I know that but technically they do work properly in that column, since during preseason they aren't eligible :P

Though I think the safer way to go would be to have that column filled as if it was in the regular season. Then I can see people complaining about that though lol
Old 10-18-2016, 02:08 AM   #30
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

There are definitely some positives to this version. I never purchased FHM 2.

My biggest issue right now are:

1. Trades need to be reworked. Not the AI, but the process. Real time feedback prior to submission.. a Make It Work Now! Option. Basically, they took some features from the OOTP trade engine. Take ALL of them.

2. General roster management. Scratching a player should be as easy as dragging a player's "dressed" icon to another player and having that new player sub in for the scratched player in all situations. Scratching someone or having someone get injured involves a process where you have to: removed them from the lineup... move someone to their spot... Possibly redo a number of tactical opitions....

The "fill open spots" option for lines, especially would be great. If I want Pavel Zacha to play as a second line center, and I want my assistant to fill out the line around him I should be able to leave those spots open and have it happen. The assistant option fills the entire set of lines, regardless of what is already there.

3. We need a "force position" option. If I am playing "GM Only" mode, and I acquire a player to be a first line center, I should be able to tell my coach that they are to play there. Furthermore, if my AHL team is developing a prospect, I should have input on what position they play. They shouldnt be playing my blue-chip right wing prospect on the left wing.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 02:12 AM   #31
JeffR
FHM Producer

Prospect rule in the AHL in the game right now is age 26 or under, which isn't the actual rule - that's a bit more complicated, and dependent on the playing history of the player (and it's actually a veteran rule, we do it in reverse.) I'd like to get it changed, but probably won't happen before release as it could cause unexpected roster management issues.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:17 AM   #32
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Taylor Hall was on my injured list. I got a message stating that he could come back any time now, but no message informing me that he was 100% ready to be activated.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 02:17 AM   #33
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

There is a message that goes out before the season starts about players needing to clear waivers...

I'd love to have pre-season handled the 'correct' way, but this seems like a decent placeholder until they can get that going. Part of the whole Path to Glory is running good rookie development and pre-season training camps.
Of course, I'd prefer they get the regular season nailed down before investing too much in pre-season.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:21 AM   #34
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torognius View Post
There is a message that goes out before the season starts about players needing to clear waivers...

I'd love to have pre-season handled the 'correct' way, but this seems like a decent placeholder until they can get that going. Part of the whole Path to Glory is running good rookie development and pre-season training camps.
Of course, I'd prefer they get the regular season nailed down before investing too much in pre-season.
The problem is though, if I want to move any of those players with a trade etc. the trade process takes so long that it would probably be difficult to accomplish prior to someone being claimed if they were desired by another team.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 02:23 AM   #35
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

In the "Post game" report, if you try to click on a player who assisted on a goal it opens up the player report for the player who scored the goal.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 02:30 AM   #36
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

The following players have stats listed for Albany in 2015/16 but have NO NHL stats listed on their "Career Stats" tab:

Pavel Zacha
Joe Blandisi
Reid Boucher
Seth Hegleson

Scott Wedgewood has his NJ stats but no Albany stats.

That is who I found on a quick check. Not going to go through everyone..

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-18-2016, 02:35 AM   #37
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

On Waiver day, I claimed 3 players. I was able to send all of them to the AHL with no warning about them needing to clear waivers, and I should not have been able to send them down at all without their original teams getting a crack at taking them back.

Players claimed on waivers need to stay on the active roster (or IR) for the rest of the season. If they are sent to the AHL, they need to clear waivers. You can't trade them unless their original team declines to match the trade offer.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:35 AM   #38
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

In "Player Stats" there is no way to sort so that you can look at leading rookies.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic