Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Editing World File

Don't know if this is too complicated of a topic to put here, but I recently found the "US States As Nations/Canadian Territories and Provinces" Mod, and I want to use it, however the mod only has the U.S. and Canada, and no other countries, and so I want to edit it in to the original World XML file in the game. How can I do that, if it's at all possible? Is there a primer on how to do this?
dishnet34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Don't know if this is too complicated of a topic to put here, but I recently found the "US States As Nations/Canadian Territories and Provinces" Mod, and I want to use it, however the mod only has the U.S. and Canada, and no other countries, and so I want to edit it in to the original World XML file in the game. How can I do that, if it's at all possible? Is there a primer on how to do this?

You can just delete the U.S. and Canada from the regular world file and then copy over the "nations" from the US States file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
dishnet34
All Star Starter

I'd probably have to change around the Nation ID's included, right? It jumps around after it reaches around 130 or something.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
Ike348
All Star Starter

I would change the nation IDs of the state file to start at 300 and go all the way up to 363 or whatever it is.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2014, 12:28 AM   #5
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
I would change the nation IDs of the state file to start at 300 and go all the way up to 363 or whatever it is.
Wait a minute....you can't delete the U.S. and some other Nations...they are hard coded and have to be there..You're far better off to add/change cites, but don't touch the Nations unless you really know what you're doing..
There is a great tutorial here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3377116

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-12-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #6
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Wait a minute....you can't delete the U.S. and some other Nations...they are hard coded and have to be there..You're far better off to add/change cites, but don't touch the Nations unless you really know what you're doing..

There is a great tutorial here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3377116

You can easily delete nations.

For example, if you delete the U.S., the game won't immmediately set the U.S. as the league nation and won't include it in the origin percentages. However, if you are including the mod, you are probably setting your own percentages anyway.

I even removed the "this_is_the_usa" tag from my world_default to make the US like any othe nation.

Quote:
Old 05-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
You can easily delete nations.

For example, if you delete the U.S., the game won't immmediately set the U.S. as the league nation and won't include it in the origin percentages. However, if you are including the mod, you are probably setting your own percentages anyway.

I even removed the "this_is_the_usa" tag from my world_default to make the US like any othe nation.
That's true, but if your game includes anything that uses nation "The United States" (ie:real MLB), then it has to stay in the world.xml file. At least that's what Andreas says.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #8
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

I've never looked at the mod in question, but would it be easier to copy the countries except for USA & Canada from the default file into the States as Nations mod?
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #9
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34 View Post
I've never looked at the mod in question, but would it be easier to copy the countries except for USA & Canada from the default file into the States as Nations mod?

That's what I originally suggested, but then you would essentially have two Canadas and two United States of Americas. You would have to delete the U.S. and Canada to avoid doubles, and that's what sparked this discussion.

Quote:
Old 05-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
dishnet34
All Star Starter

New question: can I put in the new world file, make a quick save, replace it with the old world file after making the save, and still be alright with the 2 different world files between save files?

I know it feels wrong, but is it possible?