Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
Bub13
All Star Reserve

Just have to say...

...that this game is fast becoming an obsession. Been playing steadily for just over a week now, and I see/learn something new every time.

Such as...
...that international FA with (seemingly) tons of potential who wanted only 590K as a signing bonus. Hurry, make him an offer! Oh what? He's heard from LA? Okay, how about 750K. What? Now he's heard from PIT too? Um, okay make it 900K. Erm...now CHI is in on it? Dammit, here's 1.2M. (Which he finally took. I'll laugh my ass off at myself if he busts.)

...the 28-year-old SP with 10 ratings across the board who's ANGRY he's in AA (and sporting a fine 5.35 ERA) since he expects to be in the majors.

...there really is a guy named Fenway Parks. And I drafted him. I hope HOPE HOPE he makes it to the bigs.

Seriously, even as a former baseball nut who's been away from the game for a couple decades (the 70s and early 80s were the "golden years" of baseball for me), I still have to ask OOTP WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?
Bub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

You're kidding me. You really did have the game itself come up with "Fenway Parks"?

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
Bub13
All Star Reserve

No, he's in the 2014 draft.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
You're kidding me. You really did have the game itself come up with "Fenway Parks"?
He's a real player
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Imagine if that guy has the tools, IQ and passion to cure cancer

"But I want to be a scientist..."

NO!! Your name is Fenway Parks, grab a bat!

(sigh)"Okkkkk"

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post

(sigh)"Okkkkk"
Good point and not intended to derail the thread but this is an excellent article about how the NFL devalues intellect.

The Rejection of Myron Rolle: The NFL wanted him ... until he was named a Rhodes Scholar - SBNation.com

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post

(sigh)"Okkkkk"
Hahaha, some people are destined for the show:-)
gRaider2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #8
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub13 View Post
...that this game is fast becoming an obsession. Been playing steadily for just over a week now, and I see/learn something new every time.

Such as...
...that international FA with (seemingly) tons of potential who wanted only 590K as a signing bonus. Hurry, make him an offer! Oh what? He's heard from LA? Okay, how about 750K. What? Now he's heard from PIT too? Um, okay make it 900K. Erm...now CHI is in on it? Dammit, here's 1.2M. (Which he finally took. I'll laugh my ass off at myself if he busts.)

...the 28-year-old SP with 10 ratings across the board who's ANGRY he's in AA (and sporting a fine 5.35 ERA) since he expects to be in the majors.

...there really is a guy named Fenway Parks. And I drafted him. I hope HOPE HOPE he makes it to the bigs.

Seriously, even as a former baseball nut who's been away from the game for a couple decades (the 70s and early 80s were the "golden years" of baseball for me), I still have to ask OOTP WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?
Don't worry youll soon be up to Hall of Fame status, your friends will look at you with a "go get a straight jacket" look as you describe a fictional player to them, who in your mind is as real as Babe Ruth. Family members will walk past you as your crouching over your laptop for the fifth hour straight wondering who you should put in the clean spot, the only conversation they have with you is a "tut tut" and a pity shake of the head. Welcome to OOTP.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #9
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Good point and not intended to derail the thread but this is an excellent article about how the NFL devalues intellect.

The Rejection of Myron Rolle: The NFL wanted him ... until he was named a Rhodes Scholar - SBNation.com
i think Pat Haden and other players were Rhodes Scholars. i dont see the big deal.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #10
Bub13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Don't worry youll soon be up to Hall of Fame status, your friends will look at you with a "go get a straight jacket" look as you describe a fictional player to them, who in your mind is as real as Babe Ruth. Family members will walk past you as your crouching over your laptop for the fifth hour straight wondering who you should put in the clean spot, the only conversation they have with you is a "tut tut" and a pity shake of the head. Welcome to OOTP.
Oooohhhh, it's already happening. Just this morning my wife (a writer) said she woke up thinking about some pens she wants to get for working on her manuscript revisions. I told her I woke up wondering if I'd called up my rookie catcher too soon since his hitting nosedived in August.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #11
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
i think Pat Haden and other players were Rhodes Scholars. i dont see the big deal.
What big deal. Just a link.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:31 PM   #12
pjh5165
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post

Just read this and it really is a great article. I highly suggest reading it to anyone who has a few minutes to kill at work or something. Thanks, RchW.
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #13
Bub13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
Just read this and it really is a great article. I highly suggest reading it to anyone who has a few minutes to kill at work or something. Thanks, RchW.
Agreed. Football's loss is the world's gain.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #14
The Game
Hall Of Famer

gonna suck if he doesn't play for Boston.
There's a high school baseball player named Fenway Parks - CBSSports.com
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #15
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
He's a real player
Holy smokes, you're right!

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/big-l...3858--mlb.html

- Bru

Old 04-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #16
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub13 View Post
Oooohhhh, it's already happening. Just this morning my wife (a writer) said she woke up thinking about some pens she wants to get for working on her manuscript revisions. I told her I woke up wondering if I'd called up my rookie catcher too soon since his hitting nosedived in August.
Wait until you are looking at baseball on TV and you are wishing you could open player profiles to look at their ratings.

- Bru

Old 04-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #17
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Wait until you are looking at baseball on TV and you are wishing you could open player profiles to look at their ratings.
or you think 'Man, how good he be if he could only......' then you pause the TV and change Billy Hamilton's contact and eye from 4 to 8 and sim the 2014 season.....
MarkInCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #18
Bub13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I've played EHM hockey for years and...more than once... been watching a game on tv and seen a skater for, say, Detroit, and thought "Wait, he's a Rangers prospect! Oh right...this is real life."
Old 04-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #19
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
For most NFL players, I would think reaction is key, if you are too smart, you might think when you should act, and get seriously hurt?

That is my devil advocate stance anyway

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote