Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
richaw44
Bat Boy

Can I fix my mistakes?

New to the game.

Trying to replay an historic season and team one game at a time being manger and gm of one team ('57 Braves.)

In one game I mistakenly "placed" substitutes in weird positions, for example a SS at catcher for no reason other than I didn't notice it.

In another game I mistakenly pushed the "play to end of inning" button, and when I looked up, the opposition scored 10 runs. If I hadn't pushed the wrong button, I never would have let the pitcher take that kind of beating.

Is there anyway to fix accidental mistakes.

Thanks in advance
richaw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
Pirates
Major Leagues

There is no UNDO button in this game.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #3
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I remember when I was pretty new to the game I accidentally somehow had my catcher- Joe Girardi- as my starting pitcher for one game. This was before I played out every game my team plays as I do now. So before I realized it I had simmed the day.
Then I noticed my mistake. As I recall, somehow we ended up winning the game anyway.

Moral of the story is, these things happen. Especially when you are new to the game. I'm not intending to minimize your frustration. I can see why you would want to fix this. I just know that it helped me keep my sanity when I first started playing OOP to chalk up any mistake as a growth opportunity and part of the learning curve process.

I think perhaps the only way to fix this is in the moment- by crashing the program and having it revert to the last saved day. You would have to entirely re-do the game the mistake was made in and depending upon how often you save might lose quite a bit more history as well. Personally I don't think it is worth it. I'd rather just live with my mistakes and learn from the experience.

The Denver Brewers of the W.P. Kinsella League--
The fun starts here(1965-1971: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=289570
And continues here (1972-1976): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=300500
On we go (1977- 1979): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=314601
For ongoing and more random updates on the WPK:https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=325147, https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=330717
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:08 PM   #4
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

I mean, after you do something like that in the middle of a game, you can hit ctrl+alt+shift to open task manger (in Windows at least) and force close OOTP which will stop it from saving any progress made from the previous save point

So you can kinda fix that kinda mistake if you really wanted to
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:20 PM   #5
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34 View Post
I mean, after you do something like that in the middle of a game, you can hit ctrl+alt+shift to open task manger (in Windows at least) and force close OOTP which will stop it from saving any progress made from the previous save point

So you can kinda fix that kinda mistake if you really wanted to
This was the answer I came to give

Certainly I occasionally do something stupid like sub for the wrong player. So, yeah, I've excited out of a game on occasion.

Sometimes I let it go, depends on the mistake. Managers do make lineup card mistakes in real life. But, sometimes it's so stupid, and clicking the wrong button is a lot easier than writing the name on the lineup and telling the wrong guy to come out of the game that I don't think it's "cheating" to cancel the game.
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:02 PM   #6
richaw44
Bat Boy

Thanks so much for a thoughtful reply.
richaw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:52 PM   #7
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

if you have a back-up, you could use that & go back to the date it was created. that probably would be before your mistakes ... just a thought ....
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:04 PM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

PSA on the ctrl alt del fix. It can work but it can also corrupt the league file. Backups are more time consuming but much safer.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote