Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 04-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #241
wbrukie
Minors (Single A)

Hi,

Very rarely do you see a play-out-the-game league online, at least I have seen only few in the months I have been reading here and elsewhere.

In OOTP11 you can pretty much make the game as much of a GM or MGR experience as you want, even while simming out the game and getting the final box score. There are manager settings where you control how/when the AI will make any changes, and you can back this up with settings that allow you to control lineups and changes based on the inning/score situation.

That being said, except for the replay option you prefer, StatesLeague.com is a new online sim league that is looking for players. 24 state teams playing a 100 game schedule and simming only 2 games per day, Mon-Fri.

The slow sim schedule allows more manager interaction. Also, there are league rules which inhibit (I think) a more manager focus league rather than a GM speed-ball focus league. To each his own, right?

Check us out and grab a state to chase the inaugural SLCBA National Championship.

Any other questions you can also contact me via statesleague.com.

Thanks,
-walt
wbrukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #242
wbrukie
Minors (Single A)

hello,

I've just started my 1st online league (SLCBA) after playing in a few others myself.

Totally fictional but using league modifiers from 1980 ( I like the team ERA and team BA totals for this era).

The league is a 24 team states league, 3 levels of minors, a 100 game ML schedule and slow sim rate of only 2 sims/day - Mon-Fri.

I've tried to make this a more manager-focused league rather than a run/gun GM league.

If interested, come check us out at statesleague.com. Join the new managers with the Maine Loggers, New York Liberty, and Oklahoma Oilmen in chasing the inaugural SLCBA National Championship.

Hope you come aboard, thanks!
-walt
Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #243
wbrukie
Minors (Single A)

love read the articles; sound like a valuable league asset.
but the links require an account.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #244
markprior22
All Star Starter

My 17 yr old son and I are interested in joining a ver 11 league (hopefully a league considering updating to v12 when it is ready). We would each like to have a team. Been playing since v3.

Send PM if you have an established league with openings.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #245
taz2018
Minors (Double A)

Im looking to join a newer(2010 or 2011) league that has the Pirates open...let me know if any are available....taz1458@gmail.com

Proud Member of the United States Navy Reserve - Active (08/15/06-07/14/08) Reserve (07/14/08-NOW)
taz2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #246
moyerseattle13
Bat Boy

Lookin for a league PM me
moyerseattle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #247
mp33
Minors (Single A)

Also looking for a league. Playing OOTP since OOTP 9 and got 12 preordered.
Never played in a online league but I'm looking for a league that will switch to OOTP 12 on release (and Euro-based, if possible).
mp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:37 AM   #248
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Hi all new to OOTP 11

Looking for a historical fictional league near the beginning rather than having a long history.

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #249
Greeney03
Minors (Triple A)

Looking for a league here!

I prefer fictional.
Greeney03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #250
JamesGHill
Bat Boy

Looking for team in online league

[Update: Thank you all for the invitations I've received. I've accepted an offer to manage a team, and want to get going with one before I join any other leagues.]

Hello all. I'm looking for a team in an online league. Open to real or fictional, new, in progress or mid season replacement. Let me know what's available.

Thank you.

James Hill

Last edited by JamesGHill; 05-13-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Accepted offer
JamesGHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #251
biggerme
Minors (Single A)

Online league

Looking to join an online league, preferrably with following setup:
  • Fictional with actual MLB teams,
  • Some history existing already,
  • OOTP 11,
regards,
biggerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #252
gdduder
Bat Boy

Looking for a league

Looking for an active league with lots of action, preferably historical.
I finally upgraded to OOTP11, and woould look at any established lg with openings.

Have been in several lgs. Very active player (athfbl, cjbl as examples).
Please email me with info etc.
Thanks
gdduder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #253
Neil
Bat Boy

wanting to join a historical or fictional league

that matches MLB basically. I am a good attentive owner and own the Boston Red Sox in JBL, and I am getting crushed.

Neil
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #254
Neil
Bat Boy

ootp 11 major league similar please

newbie owner wants to get better by adding another team to his miserable JBL Red Sox.

Neil
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #255
alecinkc
Bat Boy

Hey guys, im new to this forum but i know all there is to know about the MLB, i follow MLB and the minor leagues, plus im in many other fantasy leagues along with some other sim leagues. Im looking for a third sim league because it seems my other ones arent as active as i wish because im online multiple hours a day. I only want leagues that have real players not made up players. please PM with any leagues that are very active.

Last edited by alecinkc; 06-03-2011 at 12:34 PM.
alecinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #256
jimmypiersalsilveira
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP Vet since 6.5. Looking for 70's Historical League with mature GM's.
Prefer Baltimore or Cincinnati. Have pre ordered 12.
Thanks
EMail
jimsilveira1@gmail.com
oriolesgm626 on AIM
jimmypiersalsilveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #257
Hyroda
Bat Boy

hi all,

im a new member here in forum.
im searching for a ootp 11 online leauge versi 11.2.28

i realy dont now how this would be managed, like how many players join such an online leauge, and how many games should be played in a day.
but for me there will be no problem to be activ every day.
it would be very nice if someone could describe me how the thinks go on in an online leauge, so i could take care for the rules.

greating
Hyroda

gmt +1
Hyroda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #258
saitek32
Bat Boy

Looking for a league

I've been playing OOTP for years but have never joined an online league but am looking to do so now. Honestly though I'm not entirely sure what its all about though. My impression is it's similar to fantasy sports just using the sim engine instead of real world stats? If so im always always very active in fantasy leagues and would be with a OOTP league as well. Hopefully theres a league looking! Email me at saitek3332@gmail.com if so
saitek32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #259
ramblin_man
Bat Boy

looking for a league

I have version 11 and am semi-exp with ootp. I have a little online exp with baseball mogul but just recently switched to ootp so there are a few nuances i havent mastered. I am actively searching out leagues to solicit my participation but thought it would speed up the process if i posted my intentions here as well. PM me or email at brandon.r.haynes@gmail.com if you have any openings in your league. A brief description or link to additional info would be nice. Thank you in advance.
ramblin_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:52 AM   #260
bdh5
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking for a league to join

New to the online OOTP realm, but very experienced with the game having played since ver 6.5

Would welcome a new or established league - preferably one that has a very active community (of course), and a fictional setting. Am open to taking on a rebuilding team, and quite frankly, would prob prefer one so as I can put my stamp on it. Would also prefer non-historical. I am living in East Asia for work and therefore may keep weird hrs (relative to the rest of the world), thus influencing what time I can/cannot be online for live events, but can certainly make exceptions for specific instances. I would prefer a lg that is more geared to GM duties rather than managing.

Pls let me know if you have an opening and are interested, my e-mail is bhazelwood(at)yahoo-com. Thanks

Last edited by bdh5; 06-12-2011 at 02:53 AM.
bdh5 is offline   Reply With Quote