Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 01-24-2020, 12:25 PM   #801
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

A big part of not getting any response on the OOTP Forums, especially the OOTP Graphics Forum is due to the lack of any interest to do logos, jerseys and caps anymore... 5 years ago there were 25 or more people who would do requests... about 10 of them did 64 logos, 256 jerseys and 128-256 caps for my Islandian Pro Alliance teams... and some of them would make changes for me... but they are all gone now and rarely do any personal requests... they are just doing special projects like low, Lawn Loaf, txranger and a few others.

To be honest with you, I don't think you will have many of your graphics requests done on the OOTP Graphics Forum.
They seem to like me and have always taken care of my personal requests in the past, but not lately... sometimes txranger will do something for me... sometimes low will do something for me... rocknfire7 has done some for me, too.

By far, the number one reason is that no one wants to do personal requests anymore for anybody... only rarely will someone get something done now.
It is getting to the point that very few people even post personal requests any more... most days I don't see any new posts for personal requests on the OOTP Graphics Forum.
Number two, they don't want to help you because you have been difficult in the past because of your many complicated requests.

I get most of my logos, jerseys and caps from teams that that are part of txranger, low and Lawn Loaf's threads... or I create them for myself... and of course mine are nowhere as good as their work, but at least it gives me pretty good graphics doing it that way.

That's what you need to do... change your philosophy and take what you can get that has already been done.... use teams in your dynasties that already have been done... there are hundreds of them available.

Your dream graphics for your dream dynasties are not likely going to happen.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-24-2020 at 12:45 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:38 PM   #802
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
The way that ignore lists work normally is that posts from those who are on them are generally not seen, right, unless quoted? That's my understanding about such things here at present, in any case. CD out.
Sorry, I don't know how the "ignore posts" works.

I just read the threads that interest me and never look at others that don't interest me.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:40 PM   #803
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
So the best thing to do is to leave it up to God, as I've been trying to do, since I was justifiably called out to at least some degree, no doubt. Also, there's a huge glut of uniforms and other items for various historical teams, at least, so that's probably been part of the whole situation here for a while.

With so many uniforms and related items out there, most people probably just use those, and don't request many new sets, for whatever possible reason or reasons they might have in their lives, I figure. Even for fictional leagues and/or teams, I don't see many requests or new designs from others for such items, and if they are made, they're no doubt not often shared with the general populace of the forums, but generally kept only for private use.

Nothing wrong with that, obviously, but something needs to change to get the Graphics forum and other areas to be more active again somehow for the benefit of many. Of course, a large part of the apparent ennui in terms of graphics being shared and all here, at least, could be due to the matters related to Photobucket, for example, I think. Also, the needs of this life, at times, could occupy people's attention quite a bit, as you know.

God never said this life would be easy, and as much as we might enjoy OOTP, for example, and occupy any number of hours with it in our lives, it certainly is not the most important thing we need to occupy ourselves with in this life. We are all in this world for a reason, whatever that reason is, and we should do all in our power to accomplish whatever purpose or purposes He has put us in the world to accomplish while we are still alive in His world and His Universe, for sure. The most important thing we can do in this life is to follow Him to the best of our currently-limited human abilities, seeing as we are all imperfect sinners, without a doubt, and let Him handle everyone and everything else as He sees fit in His perfect wisdom and all, I think. After we have willingly accepted Him as our Lord and Saviour and all, of course, in terms of Jesus, the Son of God, you know.

Thank you for your input, and friendship, and everything else you've heretofore provided to me so far, Eugene. I wish only the best for you and all those around you, for sure, as the Lord wills and all, of course. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 01-24-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #804
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So the best thing to do is to leave it up to God, as I've been trying to do, since I was justifiably called out to at least some degree, no doubt. Also, there's a huge glut of uniforms and other items for various historical teams, at least, so that's probably been part of the whole situation here for a while.

With so many uniforms and related items out there, most people probably just use those, and don't request many new sets, for whatever possible reason or reasons they might have in their lives, I figure. Even for fictional leagues and/or teams, I don't see many requests or new designs from others for such items, and if they are made, they're no doubt not often shared with the general populace of the forums, but generally kept only for private use.

Nothing wrong with that, obviously, but something needs to change to get the Graphics forum and other areas to be more active again somehow for the benefit of many. Of course, a large part of the apparent ennui in terms of graphics being shared and all here, at least, could be due to the matters related to Photobucket, for example, I think. Also, the needs of this life, at times, could occupy people's attention quite a bit, as you know.

God never said this life would be easy, and as much as we might enjoy OOTP, for example, and occupy any number of hours with it in our lives, it certainly is not the most important thing we need to occupy ourselves with in this life. We are all in this world for a reason, whatever that reason is, and we should do all in our power to accomplish whatever purpose or purposes He has put us in the world to accomplish while we are still alive in His world and His Universe, for sure. The most important thing we can do in this life is to follow Him to the best of our currently-limited human abilities, seeing as we are all imperfect sinners, without a doubt, and let Him handle everyone and everything else as He sees fit in His perfect wisdom and all, I think. After we have willingly accepted Him as our Lord and Saviour and all, of course, in terms of Jesus, the Son of God, you know.

Thank you for your input, and friendship, and everything else you've heretofore provided to me so far, Eugene. I wish only the best for you and all those around you, for sure, as the Lord wills and all, of course. CD out.
CD, you said it very well... depend on God and try the best you can to do His will in your life... that should be our purpose in life... to know Jesus, too love Jesus... to love others... to do His will... to minister in His Name... that is the best purpose we can ever have in life... we should glorify Jesus in all that we think, say and do.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #805
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Since the great justafan and eriqjaffe software has been introduced on the OOTP Graphics Forum, people have learned to create their own graphics and many of them no longer make requests... this is a major reason personal requests are down tremendously in the last year.

In addition, like you say, many historical collections have been created... there are thousands of real teams available and hundreds of fictional teams available.

That's is why you should use those teams' logos, jerseys and caps... and forget about getting someone to do personal requests for your fictional worlds.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-24-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:35 PM   #806
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

There will always be a need for help with certain teams' sets, whether real or fictional, I'm sure. And there may be many whose current skill levels may not be high enough to do certain teams well, or who don't have enough confidence in their abilities at a time to feel they can create suitable enough looks for their teams, whether real or fictional. To a degree, I feel both of those conditions currently apply to me, unfortunately. And have for some time. I can't seem to get the hang of Pickoff, though, just yet, for instance. And my attempts at freehand drawing are not that good either, I think, as well.

As you know both of us are rather picky in certain ways with our teams, whether real or fictional, and so far, that hasn't boded all that well for me around here. You, unlike me, can be quite concise in word usage, and you've been around here much longer than I have, so others have gotten to know you much better than they have me to date, without question.

They've come to understand you better, and you them, and that has no doubt helped you in your relations with them, and vice versa. Plus, although I'm not quite sure how true this is, you may be much closer in age to them than I am, in many cases, so it's easier for them to relate to you and you to them than it is for them and me to relate to each other. Not to mention that you all have probably much more life experience in various aspects than I have had in various areas of life, due to certain circumstances in each of our lives.

Have a good number of things to do now before I attend a virtual Bible study somewhere tonight, so I'd best get to them as quickly as possible. Talk more with you later, whether it's later today or not, I'm sure, Lord willing, of course. If I don't comment again today, I hope you have a good rest of the day and/or night, and all, of course. Shalom, Eugene, with the warmest of brotherly feelings to you in Christ, you know. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:48 PM   #807
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Think you could do something similar to your attempt at the Friars home uniform for a road/away one, perhaps? Just wondering, that's all. Maybe a cap or two using the same font might work too. If there aren't any better Friars logos around that might work well enough, I'll likely be using the one you made for them. After the Friars become the Padres, I'll probably use the PCL items they had later on, if appropriate and all.

For the Ohio Swallowtails, I was thinking a mix of Reds and Indians colors and influences, mostly towards the Cincinnati half of the state of Ohio, because they will eventually move from Columbus to Cincinnati, and become the Reds. Cleveland will likely get the Indians at some point, of course. Just not for a while.

For the Pennsylvania Keystoners, I was thinking a mix of colors and looks that were sort of a blend between those of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, but mostly of Philadelphia's half of Pennsylvania, seeing as they'll eventually stay in Philadelphia, as the Athletics, while the Pirates get created later. Details are in my Diamond Dynasty 001-related thread, I believe.

Will write more later, I'm sure. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-25-2020, 04:23 PM   #808
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Think you could do something similar to your attempt at the Friars home uniform for a road/away one, perhaps? Just wondering, that's all. Maybe a cap or two using the same font might work too. If there aren't any better Friars logos around that might work well enough, I'll likely be using the one you made for them. After the Friars become the Padres, I'll probably use the PCL items they had later on, if appropriate and all.

For the Ohio Swallowtails, I was thinking a mix of Reds and Indians colors and influences, mostly towards the Cincinnati half of the state of Ohio, because they will eventually move from Columbus to Cincinnati, and become the Reds. Cleveland will likely get the Indians at some point, of course. Just not for a while.

For the Pennsylvania Keystoners, I was thinking a mix of colors and looks that were sort of a blend between those of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, but mostly of Philadelphia's half of Pennsylvania, seeing as they'll eventually stay in Philadelphia, as the Athletics, while the Pirates get created later. Details are in my Diamond Dynasty 001-related thread, I believe.

Will write more later, I'm sure. CD out.
No, I couldn't do anything better than the San Diego Away Jersey... what is wrong with it?... it is very well done.

Yes, I can do an Away Jersey, but it wouldn't be as good as the one you have.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:25 PM   #809
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Why don't you just concentrate on the teams you need right now for your leagues and not worry about the future graphics?
Old 01-25-2020, 05:13 PM   #810
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Nothing is wrong with it, but I happen to like the home jersey you did, so I was hoping you might be able to do a similar-looking one for the road/away jersey, to match it. And caps to match. Nothing is wrong with the items provided, but I was thinking that if everything matched as best as possible, so much the better for that team.

I'd like to complete a league-wide set for a version of MLB starting in 1901 with National League teams starting primarily in the Western United States, and American League teams starting primarily in the Eastern United States. I have enough items for thirteen of the teams, but still looking for or trying to figure out how to do uniforms, et cetera, for the Ohio Swallowtails and the Pennsylvania Keystoners, at least. Your San Diego items should work for the Friars, I believe, if nobody else can or would provide better options.

I'll see if I can think of ways to do caps and/or jerseys, at least, sufficiently well for the Swallowtails and the Keystoners, but it may be a bit difficult for me, at least for now, of course. Whenever I've tried working with Pickoff, however, I can't seem to get things to look right, at least so far, unfortunately.

Thank you for your help and all, Eugene. If I can get at least one league done by my birthday, that would be good, of course, then I won't have to be concerned with said league for some time, because I'd be likely to stick with various teams' looks for some time, I'm sure. I have No Pepper's (?) 1901-1970's Historical sets for AL and NL teams, on this computer, I believe, so that will help immensely, obviously, if so.

It's just the outliers that may be more challenging to create or find items for, of course, however many or few they may be, if memory serves. But even those will eventually take on more familiar names in time, no doubt, where possible and appropriate and all.

Will write more later, I'm sure. Take care, and may our God bless you and yours quite richly in the future as He wills and all, of course, I hope, Eugene. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-25-2020, 05:42 PM   #811
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nothing is wrong with it, but I happen to like the home jersey you did, so I was hoping you might be able to do a similar-looking one for the road/away jersey, to match it. And caps to match. Nothing is wrong with the items provided, but I was thinking that if everything matched as best as possible, so much the better for that team.

I'd like to complete a league-wide set for a version of MLB starting in 1901 with National League teams starting primarily in the Western United States, and American League teams starting primarily in the Eastern United States. I have enough items for thirteen of the teams, but still looking for or trying to figure out how to do uniforms, et cetera, for the Ohio Swallowtails and the Pennsylvania Keystoners, at least. Your San Diego items should work for the Friars, I believe, if nobody else can or would provide better options.

I'll see if I can think of ways to do caps and/or jerseys, at least, sufficiently well for the Swallowtails and the Keystoners, but it may be a bit difficult for me, at least for now, of course. Whenever I've tried working with Pickoff, however, I can't seem to get things to look right, at least so far, unfortunately.

Thank you for your help and all, Eugene. If I can get at least one league done by my birthday, that would be good, of course, then I won't have to be concerned with said league for some time, because I'd be likely to stick with various teams' looks for some time, I'm sure. I have No Pepper's (?) 1901-1970's Historical sets for AL and NL teams, on this computer, I believe, so that will help immensely, obviously, if so.

It's just the outliers that may be more challenging to create or find items for, of course, however many or few they may be, if memory serves. But even those will eventually take on more familiar names in time, no doubt, where possible and appropriate and all.

Will write more later, I'm sure. Take care, and may our God bless you and yours quite richly in the future as He wills and all, of course, I hope, Eugene. CD out.
Go back to the thread... there is an Away Gray Jersey done with the same font as the Home White Jersey.
I also included another cap using the same font as the White Home and the Gray Away Jerseys.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-25-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:30 PM   #812
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Some new uniforms for the Ohio Swallowtails

Here are some possible jerseys for the Swallowtails, although they'll probably need some more work later on, at least. Haven't made the caps yet, but hopefully these will fit the appropriate time period well enough for them. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image 

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-26-2020, 11:57 AM   #813
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Some new uniforms for the Pennsylvania Keystoners

Here are some possible starting uniforms for the Pennsylvania Keystoners, They will probably need some work along the way, of course. But I tried to use colors that certain Pennsylvania-originated MLB teams used while in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, at least, with them mostly being teams from the Philadelphia area of Pennsylvania, in truth.

I'll need to make caps for them, as well, at the very least, if not also logos, but we'll have to see how much I can do myself before I might ask for help from anyone around here, of course. Hopefully these will work at least until the Keystoners become the Athletics, after which I will switch to the appropriate Athletics uniforms for the franchise as needed.

That's all for now, I think, Eugene. Talk more later, I'm sure, Lord willing and all, of course. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image 

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-26-2020, 01:56 PM   #814
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The Red, Blue and White colors are nice on the Ohio Swallowtails... you did a good job on the jerseys.

On the Pennsylvania Keystoners, you used too many colors for me... most teams only use 2-3 colors... but I know you have a different taste.

I would have only used three colors at most... red, blue and yellow...or two colors like Red and Yellow, Blue and Yellow or Green and Yellow... Red and Blue would work well, too.
But using all four colors at the same time is not appealing to me.

I have also learned over time in creating graphics... the shorter the team name and nickname the better they show up in the game... long names like Pennsylvania and Swallowtails are too many letters to fit on a Jersey.
So I try to use teams with shorter town names and nicknames.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-26-2020 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:01 PM   #815
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Used red, blue, green and gold/yellow, besides white, for the Keystoners. Will probably work more on them later. But have things to do first.

Will write more later, I'm sure. Thank you for your input, and the Friars-related items, Eugene. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #816
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Some new caps for the Ohio Swallowtails

Some new caps for the Ohio Swallowtails. May need to work with them a bit more, of course, but we'll have to see. Once they become the Reds, then I should be able to find something sufficiently useful for them to play in, et cetera, you know. However, these could work for a while, at least, I think. Feel free to let me know what you think of them, okay, Eugene? CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image 

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 01-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #817
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

With the Swallowtails, I was trying to come up with colors reminiscent of the Reds and Indians, circa 1901, at least, I believe. Hopefully I pulled it off well enough for them here, but I still will need logos, you know. Will probably post a request soon, and show what I have, so they have an idea what I have so far, if they haven't yet seen the related items around here.

I was thinking something along the lines of this for a request:

@-@-@-@->>>>

CD Needs Logos For Ohio Swallowtails:

Primary Logo (300x300 preferred, non-circular and non-squared)
Secondary Logo (150x150 preferred, non-circular and non-squared)
Cap and/or Uniform Logo featuring a swallow's head and/or body, if possible
Team's main colors are white, red, and blue (Mixture of Reds and/or Indians colors)
Pre-1926 style, please

If you feel other colors, et cetera, would be better, please feel free to use them. Thank you. CD out,

@-@-@-@->>>>

If you'd like to make that request for me, instead, please do feel quite free to word it as you like, and/or include pictures such as the ones above, if you like. Thank you, if you do, Eugene.

Will write more later, I'm sure, if possible, of course, Lord willing. Take care, I hope, my dear brother in the Lord. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 01-26-2020 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:13 PM   #818
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Deleted.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-26-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:20 PM   #819
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
With the Swallowtails, I was trying to come up with colors reminiscent of the Reds and Indians, circa 1901, at least, I believe. Hopefully I pulled it off well enough for them here, but I still will need logos, you know. Will probably post a request soon, and show what I have, so they have an idea what I have so far, if they haven't yet seen the related items around here.

I was thinking something along the lines of this for a request:

@-@-@-@->>>>

CD Needs Logos and Mascot Image For Ohio Swallowtails:

Primary Logo (150x150 preferred, non-circular and non-squared)
Secondary Logo (150x150 preferred, non-circular and non-squared)
Swallow Head or Body to use as image on cap and jersey
Team's main colors are white, red, and blue
Pre-1926 style, please

If you feel other colors would be better, please feel free to use them. Thank you. CD out,

@-@-@-@->>>>

If you'd like to make that request for me, instead, please do feel quite free to word it as you like, and/or include pictures such as the ones above, if you like. Thank you, if you do, Eugene.

Will write more later, I'm sure, if possible, of course, Lord willing. Take care, I hope, my dear brother in the Lord. CD out.
What do you want? This is confusing.

Do you want Primary and Secondary Logos, along with a swallow image to put on the cap and jersey?

The part about "Cap and/or Uniform Logo" is confusing.

I would just post the BOLD part I highlighted in your quote on the Graphics Forum.
Keep your request to just one each time you post and keep it simple.
Good luck... hope someone will help you.

You go ahead and post it... I wouldn't post jerseys and caps... I personally think that would confuse them, should they want to help you.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-26-2020 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:31 PM   #820
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Primary logo, secondary logo, logo for caps and/or jerseys, pre-1926 style, seeing that they will only change their team name after the 1925 season. I have caps and uniforms made for them, but I would like a look or looks for them that can fit well until at least the offseason after the 1925 season.

You know how many teams have had looks that have lasted more than two decades with minimal to no changes, I'm sure. This should be the case for Ohio, ideally, with the Swallowtails. I don't plan to otherwise touch the uniforms or caps for Ohio until they change their name, if at all, at the very earliest. This should help in terms of team-related requests for them, of course.

The Keystoners will remain the Keystoners for about as long, if not as long, before they become the Athletics, most likely. After which, I will use the appropriate sets as needed, of course, for the Athletics. I don't expect to change their looks much, if at all, until at least 1915 or 1920, once I have their team sets' looks locked down well enough.

Will write more later, I'm sure. Thanks for your input and all, Eugene. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA: