Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #1
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Suspended for body language

Really?
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

All of this coming from the player. Would like to hear from the coach and the 2 sisters. May or may not be more to the story.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #3
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

There's only one form of body language that I could think of that would get you suspended. It would also be considered “conduct unbecoming of a member of the team”. Probably responding to a heckler. That's my best guess.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
pilight
All Star Starter

Actually, she flipped off the coach. Pitts was only blindsided because her previous coaches had let her do whatever she wanted. Lindsey Whalen is not that kind of coach.
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:25 PM   #5
Reed
All Star Starter

I read Kirk Hastons book about his time playing at Indiana for B. knight. One day when they came in for practice one of the players found his locker empty except for a tennis racket. The player took the tennis racket out to the gym and asked Knight what was up with that. Knight told him basketball was a team sport but since he refused to play as part of the team, he was off the team and could go play and individual game like tennis. And he was off the team.
Excellent book by the way if you enjoy college basketball.

Last edited by Reed; 01-18-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:35 PM   #6
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
I read Kirk Hastons book about his time playing at Indiana for B. knight. One day when they came in for practice one of the players found his locker empty except for a tennis racket. The player took the tennis racket out to the gym and asked Knight what was up with that. Knight told him basketball was a team sport but since he refused to play as part of the team, he was off the team and could go play and individual game like tennis. And he was off the team.
Excellent book by the way if you enjoy college basketball.
I found nothing enjoyable about Boob Knight's career except when he got fired.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #7
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilight View Post
Actually, she flipped off the coach. Pitts was only blindsided because her previous coaches had let her do whatever she wanted. Lindsey Whalen is not that kind of coach.
I haven't found anything that said she flipped off the coach. The best clue, if it is one, that I found was a video of her not slapping 5 with the coach during a timeout.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-18-2020, 02:11 PM   #8
CBeisbol
Banned

Has the team said anything about the reason for the suspension? Or just Pitts?

It's always amusing, and sad, when people say something like, "this is so stupid. I can't believe it", then the thing turns put to be false, but they believed it

Anyway, I, obviously, have no more information than anyone else about what happened, but, I imagine that, while some body language on its own might merit a suspension, that body language was only part of the reason for this suspension.
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:11 PM   #9
pilight
All Star Starter

Coach Whalen's statement: "I will always respect the privacy of a student-athlete and will continue to do so. We wish Destiny the best moving forward."
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #10
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilight View Post
Coach Whalen's statement: "I will always respect the privacy of a student-athlete and will continue to do so. We wish Destiny the best moving forward."
And that tells us what about the situation? It could mean exactly what she says and doesn't dispute what the player says. It could mean the coach's position is indefensible and nothing she says could keep her from coming off like an egotistical power-mad dictator.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #11
Reed
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I found nothing enjoyable about Boob Knight's career except when he got fired.
Back in the late 70s my aunt and uncle who are now deceased lived near Danville Indiana. Late one afternoon they were driving on a county road when their car overheated and my uncle pulled over and stopped the car. My uncle was under the hood when a car stopped behind theirs. My uncle looked around the hood and it was Bobby Knight getting out of his car. Bobby Knight came up and asked if there was anything he could do. He waited with them until the car cooled down and he then gave my uncle a couple tickets to a game and left.
Yes, he did some things that he should not have done but he has also done a lot of positive things also.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #12
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Back in the late 70s my aunt and uncle who are now deceased lived near Danville Indiana. Late one afternoon they were driving on a county road when their car overheated and my uncle pulled over and stopped the car. My uncle was under the hood when a car stopped behind theirs. My uncle looked around the hood and it was Bobby Knight getting out of his car. Bobby Knight came up and asked if there was anything he could do. He waited with them until the car cooled down and he then gave my uncle a couple tickets to a game and left.
Yes, he did some things that he should not have done but he has also done a lot of positive things also.
I'm sure he wasn't Satan. But behaving like a decent human being 75% of the time doesn't give one license to be a tail end the other 25%. The thing is, he chose to present that evil persona in public. All of the charitable things people say he did were done out of sight. He himself is to blame for how he is perceived in the public eye. He wanted this. I aim to give him exactly what he wanted. Behave like a jerk, he gets thought of as a jerk.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-19-2020, 03:42 AM   #13
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
And that tells us what about the situation? It could mean exactly what she says and doesn't dispute what the player says. It could mean the coach's position is indefensible and nothing she says could keep her from coming off like an egotistical power-mad dictator.
I'll stick with my guess. It's the most logical although there could be more to it. "Body language" is a very good way to describe it without actually saying what she did. And if that is the case the coach wouldn't have to say anything. I don't know, I could be completely wrong. I'm just going by how it played out so far.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote