Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Non-Sports Business Logo Help

I'm working on creating a brand logo as I prepare to jump into self-publishing a series of books that I've been working on. My "talent" is in graphics manipulation, not creation and I'm really struggling to make this work the way I want it to. So, I'm asking for help.

I've created a mock-up of it (the hand-drawn crappy picture) of what I'd like it to look like. For whatever reason its posted sideways; it's supposed to be rotated 90 degrees right.

The idea is three stacked books. The one on the bottom has its spine facing left. The one on top has its spine facing right. And the one standing up on the left has the spine facing forward. I'd like the whole logo to form an isometric square. So, that means the stacked books will be thicker than the one standing. The other pictures are what I've used to help me figure out how to configure my logo.

The left and top books are the same color. The bottom book is different. The colors and layout of the books create a "P" and a "C" (my initials). The books are blue and red in my mock-up but I haven't settled on any colors. Maybe charcoal and gray or dark blue and dark red. I'm not completely sure, unfortunately. (A psp file where I could fiddle with the colors on my own would be awesome!!)

I'd really appreciate any help anyone is willing to give. I know this is a bit different than what's usually requested. 300x300 or larger would be great.

Thanks to whoever may help!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
CS_OOTP
Minors (Double A)

I’d suggest posting this on boards.sportslogos.net. They have a forum dedicated to general design where people will probably be able to help you better.
CS_OOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Thanks! They do have a good forum but 1) it feels weird to hop into a forum I've barely interacted with to ask for help on something like this (I asked here because I've been a part of this community for 15 years), and 2) they don't like me over there. I crossed a perceived line of theirs with my logo collection and, even though its been years, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to help me. Though I could be wrong.

And I might not get help here either, which is fine. It's an odd request.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
Old 12-17-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Thanks! They do have a good forum but 1) it feels weird to hop into a forum I've barely interacted with to ask for help on something like this (I asked here because I've been a part of this community for 15 years), and 2) they don't like me over there. I crossed a perceived line of theirs with my logo collection and, even though its been years, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to help me. Though I could be wrong.

And I might not get help here either, which is fine. It's an odd request.
Took me awhile, but I finally figured out the "PC" in your books.

Good luck... I wish I was skilled with graphics... would love to help you out, especially after all of your exceptional work (5000 logos) for all of us in the OOTPB Community.

It may take week or so... things are slow around the Graphics Forum these days... very few active graphics guys that fill requests... maybe one of them will take on your request.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-17-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
low
Hall Of Famer

Wish I could help but that's beyond my skill.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #6
oriole^
Minors (Double A)

If you like, I can pass along the info of the graphic artist I hired for my company. Obviously, she would charge a fee.

Visit The Boardwalk for Sports, Gaming, and other talk!
oriole^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:05 PM   #7
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriole^ View Post
If you like, I can pass along the info of the graphic artist I hired for my company. Obviously, she would charge a fee.
Thank you! But I'm not there yet. I also have a friend who is a graphic artist. But he would charge as well.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:37 PM   #8
Grumpy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Thank you! But I'm not there yet. I also have a friend who is a graphic artist. But he would charge as well.
Let me give it a shot
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:26 PM   #9
Grumpy
Minors (Single A)

Books

Let me know if this works or if you'd like changes or you need another file type/
Attached Images
Old 12-27-2019, 03:01 PM   #10
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Let me know if this works or if you'd like changes or you need another file type/
That looks really good! Thanks! I like the literal angle that you put the books at. The PC stands out better than how I imagined it.

Do you happen to have a psp file of it so I can fiddle with the coloring on my own?
Old 12-27-2019, 03:28 PM   #11
Grumpy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
That looks really good! Thanks! I like the literal angle that you put the books at. The PC stands out better than how I imagined it.

Do you happen to have a psp file of it so I can fiddle with the coloring on my own?
I use paint.net which unfortunately does not make psp files, what other files can you use?
Old 12-27-2019, 03:39 PM   #12
Grumpy
Minors (Single A)

PSD File

Try this PSD file
Attached Images
File Type: psd Books.psd (139.3 KB, 47 views)
Old 12-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #13
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

psd! That's what I meant. Thank you!!!
Old 12-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #14
Grumpy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
psd! That's what I meant. Thank you!!!
Good luck, let me know if you need another angle or anything else.