Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:02 PM   #81
darkhorse
Hall Of Famer

Knicks fans know there is zero hope until Dolan sells or passes away.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #82
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
It's been a splendid offseason for New Orleans and it just keep getting better. They're also about to sign EuroLeague star Nicolò Melli to a two year deal. The Pelicans are going to whoop ass and take names next season.
They added Redick too— which means if all goes right they have the shooting that will keep them in playoff games. (If we ignore Redick's last season, that is?)

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:40 PM   #83
darkhorse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
They added Redick too— which means if all goes right they have the shooting that will keep them in playoff games. (If we ignore Redick's last season, that is?)
Redick shot 41.4% on 7.3 3-pt. attempts per game in the 2019 playoffs. During the regular season it was 39.7% on 8.0 treys per game.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:47 PM   #84
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
New York gets Julius Randle

Sixers retain Harris and add Horford
I thoght Horford might go to Dallas

Miami is going to do a sign and trade for Butler
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:42 AM   #85
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

De’Angelo Russel on a sign and trade to Golden State
Old 07-01-2019, 09:19 AM   #86
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
De’Angelo Russel on a sign and trade to Golden State
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:26 AM   #87
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

I think it is hysterical the Nix wanted to woo Durant w/an offer less than the max. Don't get me wrong, if I was a GM or owner, I wouldn't give KD $40m+ a year this season to just recover & then hope in 20-22 I get something. But why would they think he would give them a listen if they weren't going to go all the way in?
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:08 PM   #88
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

DLo and Steph will be quite a combo to watch next season.

Been relatively quiet on the Lakers front… wonder if they're waiting on Kawhi's decision before they manuever (pls dont let it be true god)

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:24 AM   #89
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I think it is hysterical the Nix wanted to woo Durant w/an offer less than the max. Don't get me wrong, if I was a GM or owner, I wouldn't give KD $40m+ a year this season to just recover & then hope in 20-22 I get something. But why would they think he would give them a listen if they weren't going to go all the way in?
Agree. No way do I think Durant is worth that kinda coin when a) he'll be getting paid the max to rehab for a full season by a team that wasn't his employer when he got injured, and b) there's not much historical precedent to indicate that a 32-year old player will return as himself after a ruptured Achilles.

Don't get me wrong: My guess is that Durant comes back as a formidable player. But would anybody be surprised if, when he returns, it's more like Larry Bird in 89-90? IOW, a mere all-star but no longer an MVP candidate?
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:48 AM   #90
thehef
Hall Of Famer

What looked like a disastrous off-season for the Celtics appears to be turning out ok after all. Although Kyrie is the slightly better player skill-wise, when you factor in that Kemba is by all accounts a good team guy and locker room presence, whereas Kyrie was clearly part of the problem, it looks like more of a wash...

Kanter is clearly nowhere near the player that Horford is, but $10m over two years for Kanter, vs the $100m over 4 that it would've cost the C's to retain Big Al - who will be 37 at the end of his Philly deal - that's not a bad "trade."

Ainge is apparently not done, looking to see what free agents might become available, and if any sign-and-trade options are out there...
Old 07-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #91
darkhorse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Kanter is clearly nowhere near the player that Horford is, but $10m over two years for Kanter, vs the $100m over 4 that it would've cost the C's to retain Big Al - who will be 37 at the end of his Philly deal - that's not a bad "trade."
It's a major downgrade and I doubt the Celtics see Kanter as the starter at center. Despite averaging an impressive 19 pts and 12 boards per 36 minutes in his career while shooting a solid 54% from the field, Kanter has a well deserved reputation for shockingly bad defense. He ranked 71st out of 72 NBA posts in defensive plus-minus this past season and will be suiting up for his 5th organization in 9 NBA seasons.

It's also a weird fit for a team that takes such pride in its defense. The Celtics were the top ranked defensive unit in the NBA just two seasons ago.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:39 PM   #92
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What looked like a disastrous off-season for the Celtics appears to be turning out ok after all. Although Kyrie is the slightly better player skill-wise, when you factor in that Kemba is by all accounts a good team guy and locker room presence, whereas Kyrie was clearly part of the problem, it looks like more of a wash...
Kyrie is a strange guy. I will always appreciate what he did for my Cavs during that glorious 2016 championship run. Without "the shot," we don't win. Without Kevin Love's barnacle-like defense vs Steph during the last 3 minutes, we don't win. Without LeBron's amazing chase-down block vs Iggy, we don't win.

But Kyrie has said some things since he left that clearly were aimed at the city of Cleveland and the Cleveland fans. The fans who embraced him warmly during his rookie year, filling seats and cheering hysterically even during those long winter months before LeBron came back, when the Cavs were a truly bad team. And I can't forget Kyrie's decision on that one Fan Appreciation Night to go to the locker room right after the game and not return for the picture-taking and fan giveaways like the other players.

It's ok to be upset at the organization. But never, ever, ever disrespect the fans. If you are out somewhere with your gal and a fan is acting like a jerk, that's different. But other than that, Rule #1 should be "Treat Your Fans With Respect."
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:48 PM   #93
darkhorse
Hall Of Famer

Lakers sign SF Jared Dudley, a career 39% shooter behind the arc, and SG Troy Daniel, a career 40% on treys, today to one year deals neither of which will affect their salary cap. Perhaps, Rob Pelinka has learned from the dire mistakes made with last years FA haul for Los Angeles. No need to sit on your hands while waiting for Kawhi to make his decision.

Edit: No idea if Magic was telling the truth about Pelinka, but the latter definitely has the oily appearance of a snake and should be played by Rob Lowe in the movie.

Last edited by darkhorse; 07-02-2019 at 10:52 PM.
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #94
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
It's a major downgrade and I doubt the Celtics see Kanter as the starter at center. Despite averaging an impressive 19 pts and 12 boards per 36 minutes in his career while shooting a solid 54% from the field, Kanter has a well deserved reputation for shockingly bad defense. He ranked 71st out of 72 NBA posts in defensive plus-minus this past season and will be suiting up for his 5th organization in 9 NBA seasons.

It's also a weird fit for a team that takes such pride in its defense. The Celtics were the top ranked defensive unit in the NBA just two seasons ago.
Kanter is no Horford, but they are very different players. The C's will miss Horford's superior defense and 3-point shooting ability. But they will benefit from Kanter's stellar rebounding (14.5 per 36 minutes last year, vs 8.4 for Horford). And I wouldn't have guessed it, but Kanter outscored Al per 36 mins, 20 to 17.

At any rate, I think the C's plan will be throw bodies at the center position, with Kanter, soph Robert Williams (good shot blocker and decent defender), Daniel Theis whom they just brought back (doesn't excel at much, but does a lot of things ok including shooting 3's), and newly-inked Frenchman Vincent Poirier, whom I know nothing about. Attempting to get decent production from this four-headed mystery is probably something that coach Stevens gets excited about. We'll see how it goes...
Old 07-03-2019, 03:17 PM   #95
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And I wouldn't have guessed it, but Kanter outscored Al per 36 mins, 20 to 17.

Kanter also gives up 25.7 pts per 36 minutes on defense...

There is a reason he does not play 36 minutes and and is going to his 5th team before his 27th birthday.
I would call him a sieve on defense but that would be an insult to sieves.

Last edited by rudel.dietrich; 07-06-2019 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:49 PM   #96
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

I have watched more NBA summer league than I care to admit
Old 07-04-2019, 02:53 PM   #97
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

And I hate to say it but I think Leonard is going to the Lakers.

I would be surprised but not shocked if he went anywhere else.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #98
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

I pray that he goes nowhere near the lakers.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #99
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
I pray that he goes nowhere near the lakers.
Same. 1st choice for me is Clippers. 2nd choice is staying with Raps... No Lakers. Hate to see players gang up. And living in the SoCal area, I've witnessed first-hand how horribly insufferable Laker fans can be.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:19 PM   #100
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Michael Porter Jr. will not participate in summer league. That is too bad, I was hoping to see how healthy he is.

If he can play and provide anything then the Nuggets will be very dangerous.