Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #1
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

Deadline to change ticket price?

What is the deadline to change ticket prices? Nothing in the manual. I did find in my google searches that ticket price doubles during the postseason but there is nothing in the manual about this either so I'm wondering if this is still or even was true.
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you can change tickets throughout season. your success will dictate what you can charge. i think it incrementally updates weekly, but could be wrong.

so, attendance per specific ticket price will change due to success -- up or down. you can test attendance by clicking 'play game' then look at attendance figure. exit and change the price, then repeat to see new attendance value. bit of a cheat, but if you don't like that you simply make adjustments game to game, and with good notes or memory, you'll know how to proactively price with minimum mistake and no cheating.

attendance has 'tiers' with ranges of values. you'll want to recognize them to understand results of any trial and error / non-cheating methods.

SRO - may even be a few hundred above cap? doesn't vary, if i recall.

2nd tier - lets call it ~97%? it's within a couple thousand of capacity with a ~50k stadium. varies a fairly small range.

3rd tier -- noticeable step down, although the top of the range may be close to the bottom range of the 2nd tier, more often than not you are not quite that high... may take a few 'cheats' or days to recognize and if you go on a winning streak or losing streak that causes a shift, that makes it more difficult to delineate exactly what caused what.

after the first few ranges, it gets more obvious, and you likely don't want to trek that low anyway. it likely results in less income. fwiw, i don't think SRO levels of attendance are optimal revenues. you only lose a couple thousand and if the uptick in cash for the remaining (Cap-2k) overcomes the full previous ticket price * ~2k, it's a gain.

price as high as possible -- anytime for which the previous math is true for a gain you can increase it.

so, recognize what $->attendance equates to relative to success. beginning of season, as you win, and then playoffs. (opening day too). each has it's own strategy/causes. beginningn is always a reset. in-season should be a rise... gouge in playoffs and opening day. don'y just add ~$5.. try 10 or 15 for gouging.

any numbers i used ar emostly made up but will translate to certain contexts for sure. 50k stadium, successful team. not sure how dynamics scale for a ~35k stadium etc. if proportional, will be similar. otherwise, you may be able to gouge more on season tickets and still fill ~1/3rd of stadium.

why bother? you will gain anywhere from 10M to 20+M revenue in successful years... maybe more. you can afford one more superstar. that's more than worth it for most teams. larger the stadium, the greater the benefit. 50k maybe 20-30m more per year.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-21-2018 at 08:32 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #3
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

Thx NoOne, lots of valuable info here.

I'm at January 19th in a game and I had raised my prices 34% for the playoffs and haven't changed them back yet. At this point there is no option to change ticket prices but will I get the chance before the season starts?
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote