Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
jldante56
Major Leagues

Help! Game Crashing on Nov. 9, 2026 Over and Over

I'm playing a standard game on a Macbook Air - Have no issues from beta until now an all of a sudden I can't get past this day. I'm having issues finding my save files to upload - When I follow the directions for Mac and I get to the Out of the Park Developments folder, only my OOTP 19 files are there.

Please help - game is unplayable right now.
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
jldante56
Major Leagues

I found the saved games files and uploaded - File name is jldante56 Islanders Crash.zip.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like this is the problem with nonplayable teams in the European Champions League having players stuck on Vacation. It's fixed in the update, but it won't correct teams that already have the problem. However, you can fix the save manually editing the players to remove the status:

-switch league to Austra-EBEL, then team to EC VSV Adler; you'll see a lot of their players with the yellow VAC status tag
-open one of those players, then go to the edit screen
-click on "Retired", then hit save; that'll temporarily retire the player which clears the status, but also removes the team data. Without exiting the screen, unclick Retired, then change the Current Team and Contracted team to Austra-Erste Bank Eishockey Liga-EC VSV Adler, then save again. He'll now be back to normal and on their roster (don't exit without returning him to the team, that'll leave them short of players and will probably still result in the crash)
-Do that until the team has at least 2 goalies and 20 skaters without the tag (probably best to do them all, otherwise if they have injuries this could happen again.)

The game should continue normally without crashing once they have enough players to dress a full lineup.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
jldante56
Major Leagues

I did that but the game is still crashing. When I look at the rosters for the other teams in that league, all players on all teams are in VAC status. Do I need to do this for all of them?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:05 PM   #5
jldante56
Major Leagues

I simmed the games in the tournament manually and saved the game. Then I was able to advance to the next day. Thanks for your help. This should not happen again with the new update installed?
Old 11-07-2018, 01:13 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
I simmed the games in the tournament manually and saved the game. Then I was able to advance to the next day. Thanks for your help. This should not happen again with the new update installed?
Yeah, it should be OK now - in your game, Adler was the last team left in the tournament that could have that problem, and it won't reoccur in future seasons after the fix in the update.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:58 AM   #7
jldante56
Major Leagues

Thanks again.