Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 04-02-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

World of College Baseball 19 Quickstart

UPDATE 5/27/18:
In anticipation of the 2018 College World Series and Robo wrapping up his amazing NCAA D1 uniform project, I've added three additional quickstarts below for this project.

I've adapted WOCB2017 from OOTP 18 to OOTP 19 and updated as World of College Baseball 19.

I've added a few Canadian university leagues in addition to Japanese HS, college, and industrial leagues.

All graphics included and provided by the community, special thanks to Robo. Built using v52 and starts 1/1/2018.

NOTE: due to glitches with OOTP and associations, you the user will need to manually re-enter the age limits for all college associations whenever you load up the game. The game will reset the age limits for associations to 0, resulting in 37 year olds in your college leagues, despite the age limits set at the individual league level. Also you will need to uncheck "Enable Compensation" for all 32 D1 conference leagues as this is auto-checked for some reason. I'm in the process of logging a set of bugs to OOTPD.

WOCB19 v1.0 (1GB):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu4ysi...WOCB19_1.0.zip

WOCB19 v2.0 (870MB):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/795pke...CB19%202.0.zip

WOCB19 v3.0 - 16 Conference D1 Universe (800MB): Features the top 16 NCAA D1 conferences measured by RPI as independent, unaffiliated leagues, joined by association for CWS play-offs and sharing of annual HS draft pool. Does NOT feature the 50 HS association leagues for performance reasons.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g0izjf...rence%20D1.zip

WOCB19 v3.0 - 32 Conference D1 Universe (805MB): Features all 31 real NCAA D1 conferences created as separate unaffiliated independent leagues in an association in addition to a fictional "Atlantic Independent Conference" for scheduling balance purposes. All 32 conferences play in an epic D1 College World Series tournament after concluding their own respective league championships. Does NOT feature the 50 HS association leagues for performance reasons.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v64fcj...rence%20D1.zip

WOCB19 Toolkit (50MB): Features 4 World Template (.wtp) files for creators to import into their games; one is 50 HS state association leagues and the other three are variations of 16 vs 32 conferences, etc.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n5inxy...%20Toolkit.zip

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 05-27-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Does this include accurate MLB rosters?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

It includes the v41 rosters.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I usually don't download this kind of thing until the first update - so consider me subscribed, for now. That does mean I can't look for issues, but that's a minor concern.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:52 PM   #5
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Is this an actual "just college" team league? Uniforms and logos and all? How many games per season?
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:28 PM   #6
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
Is this an actual "just college" team league? Uniforms and logos and all? How many games per season?

Yes and no. It's got the full MLB for it to feed into. But it has numerous college leagues and high schools to make it a huge feeder system. Japan and China both have a feeder league as well.

Chop On: Atlanta Braves
eck.nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #7
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Incredible project. Thanks for doing this.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
baseballfanmas
All Star Reserve

Dr. P.R, I sent you a PM, as I had some questions about your mod. I'm definitely interested, just wanted a little more info. Please get back to me when you can thanks.
baseballfanmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I've updated the original post with three additional quickstarts and notes.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:19 AM   #10
itsmb8
All Star Starter

I take it if I were to download both the 32 conference world template and the 50 high school leagues template and add them both into the MLB quickstart, things would go smoothly? I only ask because of stealofhome's thread on feeders.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:07 PM   #11
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Try it out for yourself and see is all I can say.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:32 AM   #12
sprague
All Star Starter

Hey dr pr
Checked it and noticed all the current players have very low overall ratings, like no would be good players coming,
And all the players are at their full potential.
My guess is run it for 4 years and then see what the player potentials to actual look like.
I mean on the player edit pages in commissioner mode
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:41 AM   #13
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

The ratings for the college leagues are relative to the MLB and the players are not fully developed out of the box, they're college players.

Finding the magic touch with independent college league PCM's is very difficult when that aspect of the game was seemingly overhauled (ratings in general) from the last OOTP version and the first 4 years of the game include real draft classes.

You need to sim something like 20-30 years and see how far the talent tanks and adjust the college league PCMs accordingly.

I've been able to create decent players that progressively and slowly make MLB with these PCMs instead of stud players immediately going straight to MLB and getting Cy Youngs.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:17 AM   #14
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
The ratings for the college leagues are relative to the MLB and the players are not fully developed out of the box, they're college players.

Finding the magic touch with independent college league PCM's is very difficult when that aspect of the game was seemingly overhauled (ratings in general) from the last OOTP version and the first 4 years of the game include real draft classes.

You need to sim something like 20-30 years and see how far the talent tanks and adjust the college league PCMs accordingly.

I've been able to create decent players that progressively and slowly make MLB with these PCMs instead of stud players immediately going straight to MLB and getting Cy Youngs.

Sorry i have to disgree. Go to any team, such as I did with Michigan and Arizona State. All players, no matter thier age, have the exact same actual to potential ratings...see sample player inclosed.
That is everyone.
I think this mode needs to be run 4 years to clean out the starting group of players and then see what the player values look like
Attached Images
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:21 AM   #15
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

You can disagree all you want, that's fine. Please come back after some sims and provide some experimental PCMs, that'd be appreciated.

Below are two screenshots, one showing the relative ratings of a player for D1 vs MLB, I do not see what you're talking about.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #16
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Okay so I do see what you're talking about, there is no ceiling or potentials.

Really, I'm not concerned about this; it's a drag but here is a framework to any and all who want to plug away. The game by design does not know how to model collegiate baseball / player development in an intimate way, barely a technical cursory one.

Independent unaffiliated college leagues are mechanically different than affiliated feeder leagues and I think it's impossible to emulate the latter relationship currently in-game.

Make things interesting and jack up the talent change randomness, it's 145 by default in this.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:32 PM   #17
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Well, I went through a bunch of random teams and came across a good variety of players like below; I agree that the players are a weak but that's the case in general for new OOTP 19 draft classes.
Attached Images
Old 06-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #18
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Couple quick questions:

1) When using the college and high school templates, should I have international amateurs on or off?

2) Should I change the MLB PCMs (or any) when using the templates?

3) If the colleges and high school leagues arent connected to MLB (to get the feeders a couple years or stats and to get the real draft classes) will the players that graduate go to free agency, or will they just disappear?
Old 06-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #19
kgor93
Minors (Single A)

So I love this, but would make one change: change the association to a tournament for D1. Have divisions for each conference/league.

I'm trying to make it myself but it's just tedious.
kgor93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #20
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Let me answer the questions above:

itsmb8:
1) When using the college and high school templates, should I have international amateurs on or off? - I turn them off

2) Should I change the MLB PCMs (or any) when using the templates? - No, the PCMs should already be modified

3) If the colleges and high school leagues arent connected to MLB (to get the feeders a couple years or stats and to get the real draft classes) will the players that graduate go to free agency, or will they just disappear? - they become free agents, this is why the free agent pool of MLB will easily grow to 6k-8k in a few years if the pool isn't pruned

kgor93:
So I love this, but would make one change: change the association to a tournament for D1. Have divisions for each conference/league. - This is why I initially created all D1 conferences as separate leagues in first place, however in real life there are actually only 31 conferences and 295 teams, OOTP tournaments also cannot handle any odd-numbered team divisions in the scheduler. Also, the visibility of tournament stats and teams, etc. kind of bothers me when compared to "real" leagues but please share when it's done, I'd like to play it

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 06-11-2018 at 08:12 PM.