Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-22-2017, 05:04 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM4 Hotfix Update 4.5.66 Released

A new hotfix update for Franchise Hockey Manager 4, version 4.5.66, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

This hotfix corrects a single issue with NHL-contracted players loaned to the three CHL junior leagues (WHL, OHL, and QMJHL.) In 4.5.65, these players weren't being returned to their NHL team at the end of the season, eventually leading to them becoming free agents when they became too old to play junior hockey. We've corrected the problem; the fix will also apply to existing games started in 4.5.65 or earlier. However, if you happen to be between June 23 and June 30 in your current save, a small group of players affected by the problem may become free agents on June 30. If this is the case, you may want to consider returing to a slightly earlier version of your save by copying the contents of either the RS_ONE or RS_TWO rolling save folders (whichever files are most recent) into the main folder for that save, which will return your game to the second-to-last time you saved it. Alternately, if you can enable commissioner mode, you could move the affected players to their NHL team manually by editing them.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Bumping this to get it ahead of the .65 one.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

I see we still haven't changed the fact that your team name shows up in all caps all over the place now despite the fact that the vast majority of people hated the idea.... A different color for the name would clearly be a lot better.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #4
liberty-ca
Minors (Single A)

You can turn caps off in game settings. Too bad we didn't get colour option, I agree.
liberty-ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #5
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty-ca View Post
You can turn caps off in game settings. Too bad we didn't get colour option, I agree.
I didn't realize this. Thank god. Thank you for telling me.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:25 AM   #6
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Is there an ETA on the next update?
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:37 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
Is there an ETA on the next update?
Hoping for the end of the upcoming week. But we've got a new round of data updates, testing is still underway, and we're still hunting down and fixing a few things, so it could change. I'll have a better idea by the time Adam and I do the Twitch stream on Wednesday night.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:31 PM   #8
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Is this something you guys could look into for the next update?

I've been playing as the GM of the Oil Kings. In my last 5 seasons, these are my results:

19/20 51-17-4, playoffs
20/21 68-4-0, WHL champions
21/22 58-10-4, WHL champions
22/23 65-6-1, WHL champions
24/25 65-4-3, WHL champions

Neither myself or my head coach have gotten any GM of the Year/Coach of the Year awards at the end of any of those seasons. Not sure what else I could have done to by GM of the year at least once lol.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:44 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Is this something you guys could look into for the next update?

I've been playing as the GM of the Oil Kings. In my last 5 seasons, these are my results:

19/20 51-17-4, playoffs
20/21 68-4-0, WHL champions
21/22 58-10-4, WHL champions
22/23 65-6-1, WHL champions
24/25 65-4-3, WHL champions

Neither myself or my head coach have gotten any GM of the Year/Coach of the Year awards at the end of any of those seasons. Not sure what else I could have done to by GM of the year at least once lol.
Those awards weight improvement from the previous year pretty heavily. Overall record is part of it, but not the primary consideration. The one year you probably had a good shot at it was 20/21, but someone else must've improved a little more (and possibly had a better reputation, which is also considered.)
Old 01-23-2018, 11:54 PM   #10
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Those awards weight improvement from the previous year pretty heavily. Overall record is part of it, but not the primary consideration. The one year you probably had a good shot at it was 20/21, but someone else must've improved a little more (and possibly had a better reputation, which is also considered.)
Hm... Is there a way to weigh exceptionally good records into the consideration?
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:04 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Hoping for the end of the upcoming week. But we've got a new round of data updates, testing is still underway, and we're still hunting down and fixing a few things, so it could change. I'll have a better idea by the time Adam and I do the Twitch stream on Wednesday night.
Following up on this, we're going to need to push it to the beginning of next week, found a couple of serious issues whose fixes were complex and will require the weekend to test thoroughly.