Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
outrage
Bat Boy

Newbie questions

I'm brand new to this game and still in the process of figuring everything out, but it's definitely right up my alley given the countless hours I've spent on franchise mode in NHL games.

I apologize if this isn't the right place or if these questions were asked before.

First, is there a way to edit player ratings/attributes and then save them so that my edits are permanent? I see I can edit them while in sandbox mode, but it seems like I'd have to go and edit them every time I start a new sandbox mode.

Second, while editing player attributes in the sandbox mode, is there an easy way to see my player's ability rating without having to save and then go to my roster to check? It's a bit of a pain to constantly go back and forth if I'm trying to edit a player to be a certain ability rating.
outrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:12 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrage View Post

First, is there a way to edit player ratings/attributes and then save them so that my edits are permanent? I see I can edit them while in sandbox mode, but it seems like I'd have to go and edit them every time I start a new sandbox mode.
Yes, you can - to do that, you just have to save it as a quickstart - Game Menu, then Save as Quickstart. That'll give you a new start that can be used via the "Load Quickstart" button on the Sandbox screen.

One catch: you can't advance the game at all before doing so - all your edits have to be done right on the first day. (However, if you wanted to edit an underway game and use that, you could always just save the game, then whenever you wanted to start a new one just use the save and immediately save it under a different name so you don't alter the original copy.)

Quote:
Second, while editing player attributes in the sandbox mode, is there an easy way to see my player's ability rating without having to save and then go to my roster to check? It's a bit of a pain to constantly go back and forth if I'm trying to edit a player to be a certain ability rating.
No, not at the moment, it's slightly complicated to do so since the displayed rating is also influenced by some other factors that aren't visible. I'll see if we can put in some sort of neutral approximation in for FHM4, but I'm a little worried about confusing people when the rating on that screen doesn't equal the one they see in the game.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:46 PM   #3
outrage
Bat Boy

Awesome, thanks Jeff!

As for the displayed rating, maybe a graphic that shows his original rating along with a real-time updated rating based on the changes you make. I made a quick graphic as an example.

Not sure how often people use the edit attributes function, so I understand it might not be worth it if it's a niche request, but it would be useful to me.

Last edited by outrage; 05-24-2017 at 05:48 PM.
outrage is offline   Reply With Quote