Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
skoch
Minors (Single A)

Roster

Playing as the Arizona Coyotes in 2016/17 - about to begin preseason... 2 things that frustrate me:

1) Only being allowed to look at 23 players during the preseason - I want to take a look at minor leaguers and prospects - this 23 man rule doesn't allow me to play my less experienced players.

2) Chris Pronger takes up one of those 23 spots - is there a LTIR that I can put him on, thus opening up a spot?

Thanks
skoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:06 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

You can move players up and down from the farm team during the preseason without having to waive them, so you can play the younger guys that way. It's not ideal, we're hoping to improve this in the next version but need to do some work first to handle things like tryout agreements before we can do a full big-roster training camp.

Yes, you can put pronger on injured reserve, that'll open a roster spot.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #3
skoch
Minors (Single A)

3) In GM mode, sandbox - I am attempting to change a player's position from LW to C, I make the change, the player shows up in the roster page as a C, but remains at LW on the depth charts, and also in the line-up. Changing positions has worked smoothly in the past, but this is the first occurrence of this.

4) Changing jersey numbers, I notice that numbers 1-30 ish aren't accessible for players to be changed too, rather just a large listing of numbers 30 ish to 99. How do I get to numbers 1-25?

Thanks

Last edited by skoch; 03-15-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:25 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think the depth charts are using the position ratings - it'll stay that way until he improves at C enough to push LW into the secondary role. The lineup should be using the changed position, though, we'll check for a bug there.

All the numbers should be selectable, are you sure they just aren't already taken?
Old 03-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
skoch
Minors (Single A)

I've attached a photo of the jersey number error, there are plenty of numbers available, the screen just cuts off all the early numbers.

As for the position issue, its now happening to all players, 3rd season into sandbox. It worked perfectly before but now players don't listen to their position change. I'll try to diagnose this better and get to the root of the issue.
Attached Images
Old 03-17-2017, 01:37 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Are you on fullscreen? Try going to windowed mode and see if the list extends above the top of the game window. I suspect this might be a display issue in certain resolutions at fullscreen.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #7
skoch
Minors (Single A)

Is there any way to start a game with by GM'ing a team through an expansion draft?
Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Not at the moment - we're looking at ways to add the Las Vegas expansion process next year so you'll be able to (optionally) start at the end of the 2016-17 season and do the draft, etc., instead of beginning in 2017-18.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:19 PM   #9
CFarrell
Bat Boy

Expansion in Sandbox mode.

I did an expansion in sandbox mode ( It's silly to have to sim an entire season just to start an expansion by the way. The game should just start at a date or have the option to start at July 1 ) All was going well till I started hiring different coaches for the different personnel jobs. I was unaware that you could not hire a head coach and assign a different task for them. So now I'm stuck with a head coach I don't want with no way to remove him and put myself back in his place. I also have no ability to edit lines or strategies. All I can do is scratch and dress players.
CFarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:34 AM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

If you hire a HC, you switch to GM Only and lines and strategy are the responsibility of your HC. Once you fire him, you can revert back to GM/Coach.