Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:57 PM   #1
sreem
All Star Reserve

Shifts

I just purchased the game, and in my first game I saw some crazy shift numbers for my team. Maybe I set up my lines wrong, but we had over 150 shifts for over half the team through 2 periods.

Is this a bug?
Old 12-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #2
sreem
All Star Reserve

So I was running another game and I noticed that the lines change everytime a new play-by-play happens on the ice during a powerplay. That must be the bug or my wrong setup of my lines
Old 12-29-2016, 09:47 PM   #3
sreem
All Star Reserve

Not meaning to be impatient here, but was wondering if any developers had seen this yet. It turns out all those shifts during power plays is really messing up my players fatigue levels as well.

Would appreciate it if someone could just let me know they were looking into it?

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think we'll probably need to have a look at the save to see exactly what's going on - the shift numbers are nowhere near that high in a normal game. I seem to recall somebody reporting seeing something similar in a game a few weeks ago, but I dont' think we were ever able to replicate it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:42 AM   #5
sreem
All Star Reserve

I would be happy to. I actually deleted that saved game, am starting over a new Path to Glory. If I see it again I will send the save game file, but I'm not sure how. Could you help me with that?
Old 12-31-2016, 11:28 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sure, there are instructions for uploading it to our ftp server here, or you can zip/rar the whole save folder and put it on a file sharing site like filedropper.com or dropbox and send me the link.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #7
sreem
All Star Reserve

Okay I followed the instructions, and zipped up all the dat files and uploaded. The folder is called TLD_ShiftProblems.zip

Again, the issue happens when a team (either mine or the AI) goes on a PP. The game will change the line that is out there after each play-by-play until the PP is over. This results in excessively high shifts at the end of the game and I believe is messing with fatigue as well.

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks, I've tried playing it but can't seem to get the shift thing to happen. I've played through a couple of games and multiple power plays, but the line usage stays pretty normal, there's maybe one line change in a typical power play, about when I'd normally expect it due to fatigue. Are you using the checkboxes to select the next line at all, or just letting it run?
Old 01-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #9
sreem
All Star Reserve

I was using the check boxes, but that didn't matter because of the issue. I've started another new season and so far I have not had the same issue in that new season.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:34 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, if you see it again, let me know. I'll experiment a little more with the checkboxes and see if there's some particular thing that can be done with them to cause the problem to appear.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #11
sreem
All Star Reserve

Sorry it has been awhile. I am still seeing this issue in multiple new games I have played.

Steam Community :: Screenshot

This is a steam cloud picture that shows the high number of shifts due to the game switching my players on every play-by-play during powerplays.

Hopefully you can figure out what is doing this, as it is very annoying, but I guess not a game breaker.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #12
sreem
All Star Reserve

I just want to add that the most troubling thing isn't the high number of shifts that this problem creates. The worst part of this bug is that all the work I put into setting up my PP, PK, 4-4,3-3 lines doesn't matter because the AI is swapping whos on the ice everytime a new play-by-play banner happens. It kills immersion.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

We've been trying to replicate it, but haven't been able to, even with your save. The most we've been able to figure out is that the examples we've seen have been limited to the first exhibition game of the season. Have you seen it happen in any games after that?
Old 02-09-2017, 11:56 AM   #14
sreem
All Star Reserve

Yes. So far in my new season with the K wings, it has happened in every game except the first regular season game.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:05 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

It started again in the second regular season game? Could you upload that save for us again - it may provide a little more information if it's got multiple games with that occurring.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:36 AM   #16
ashine24
Bat Boy

I just recently bought the game and I'm in my first season and I've run into this problem in every game I've played. I'm 4 games into the regular season and haven't simmed a game yet so I don't know if the problem persists when simming but in each game my players have at least double the shifts of the other team. Sometimes significantly more. I'm not sure if it has an effect on fatigue because I haven't had a game where it hasn't happened, but I'm assuming that it does because long before the end of the third period almost half my team is completely fatigued, so I have to move lines around etc. I have playing minutes split up evenly and this still happens. It happens in games where I check the boxes for faceoffs and games where I just let the game run uninterrupted.

I've been searching the internet/forums for anything related to this problem and this is the only thread I've found that has discussed it. I'd really like to get this sorted out because it's kind of taking away from the game experience.
ashine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #17
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

If it happens in every game you play it would be great if you could upload the save. We should be able to reproduce it here and look into it.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:43 AM   #18
lincarnate
Minors (Triple A)

I've been having this same issue in every game I try to play as well. Preseason or regular season doesn't matter. Simmed games don't have any issues, and it's only my human controlled team. I've attached screenshots of the box score after the game.

Here's a YouTube video of me going from launch screen and playing the 1st period all the way through. At 0:14, you can see my starting defensemen are Hanifin/Klingberg. At 0:25, the game switches in Brodin (weird at 0:03 into the game). At 1:59, Jamie Benn goes from 1 shift to 7, and the team starts bugging out then. It's sporadic where it'll be normal for a minute or two, then go crazy again.

The OOTP Support FTP server isn't letting me connect, so here's a Dropbox link to the saved game.

Computer specs in case it helps:
CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.6 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: GTX 1070
Attached Images
Image Image 
lincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote