Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 03-23-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Schedule Creator Tool

So I have been spending a bunch of time creating my own schedules recently and, as Im a bit bored, I have been thinking about making it into a tool. At the moment I just edit a script to generate schedules. But I'd like to make more robust tool for both myself and others to use.

My main thing here is what kind of features people want from it. The basics will certainly be an easy to use interface to enter in matches. I'd also like to work on some auto generation features although those would be a bit harder. Is there anything in particular people would like from it or even if there is any interest at all??
Old 03-25-2015, 01:37 AM   #2
Hankyu Braves
All Star Reserve

I'm sure there's an interest. You should post this in the OOTP Mods - Schedules section.
Judging by the number of schedule requests there, your tool would help people (me included, because let's face it doing schedules is a chore) tremendously.
Hankyu Braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

Would love to have something to edit schedules.
longshotsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer

Used to be a tool, but it stopped working with the game when Markus did the SI Games thing and changed things around. It was a wonderful app and I would love to see someone build another one.
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
KurtBevacqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
So I have been spending a bunch of time creating my own schedules recently and, as Im a bit bored, I have been thinking about making it into a tool. At the moment I just edit a script to generate schedules. But I'd like to make more robust tool for both myself and others to use.

My main thing here is what kind of features people want from it. The basics will certainly be an easy to use interface to enter in matches. I'd also like to work on some auto generation features although those would be a bit harder. Is there anything in particular people would like from it or even if there is any interest at all??
Bigrod has a tool but to me it is difficult to use for different amount of games then ML:B. My biggest pet peeve with custom schedules is the same start time for all teams of 7:05. I like to have varying start times especially on weekends. It gets tedious to manually change a season worth of games to 2:05 or someother time.
GMO has a thread full of schedules btw.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:17 AM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Bigrod has a tool but to me it is difficult to use for different amount of games then ML:B. My biggest pet peeve with custom schedules is the same start time for all teams of 7:05. I like to have varying start times especially on weekends. It gets tedious to manually change a season worth of games to 2:05 or someother time.
GMO has a thread full of schedules btw.
Throw the schedule in a spreadsheet and use a random time generator formula.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #7
craftdr
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Throw the schedule in a spreadsheet and use a random time generator formula.

That sounds like an excellent idea... If I knew what it was . Is this something you download or just create? It only takes a few minutes to use replace in notepad and just click a few times, replace a couple, find next, repeat but to have it be even easier/more precise would be very helpful!
craftdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:32 PM   #8
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftdr View Post
That sounds like an excellent idea... If I knew what it was . Is this something you download or just create? It only takes a few minutes to use replace in notepad and just click a few times, replace a couple, find next, repeat but to have it be even easier/more precise would be very helpful!
Just create. Here's how I do it in Open Office and it only needs to be done once.
Build a vlookup table with times that you want to use.
When I do the schedules for ootp and have game times that are TBD, I set the time using this formula :
=IF($F9963="TBD";VLOOKUP(RANDBETWEEN(1;18);vlookup .$Z$2:$AA$19;2;0);$F9963)
It replaces every instance of TBD to a random time that corresponds to the numbers 1-18 in the vlookup table. TBD can be replaced with anything that you want to replace with some random entry.
The times I use in vlookup table are
and so on..this can be as simple or as complicated as one wants to make it.
Once you've got the formular and vlookup table done, you could change a few thousand game times in about 10 seconds. Import a schedule, change the times, save and reimport into ootp in about 1 minute once your used to it.

Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote