Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 08-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
seasideda
Minors (Double A)

Why didn't my historical league reset actual rosters?

Still new to the game, but I thought that you could play historical seasons and have the AI reset all players to actual teams season to season. I just played out the 1975 season and when I got to 1976 I was expecting rosters to be true to actual, instead the players I traded for were still on my team along with other league trades that carried over. I was forced to participate in a rookie draft pool with players that are suppose to be affiliated with their actual team. Is there a setting that I am suppose to choose so that each year players are reset to their actual ML teams.
Thanks.
seasideda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasideda View Post
Still new to the game, but I thought that you could play historical seasons and have the AI reset all players to actual teams season to season. I just played out the 1975 season and when I got to 1976 I was expecting rosters to be true to actual, instead the players I traded for were still on my team along with other league trades that carried over. I was forced to participate in a rookie draft pool with players that are suppose to be affiliated with their actual team. Is there a setting that I am suppose to choose so that each year players are reset to their actual ML teams.
Thanks.
Rosters will not reset. You can use real lineups/transactions which will have the trades made for you but if you make a trade yourself I am guessing that nullifys the real lineups/transactions option. Turn the draft off to have historical players go to their proper team. Happens 1st day of the off season.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
seasideda
Minors (Double A)

hmm. will the AI allow you to make trades if you use real lineups? I have allow trades on, but I don't see an option that allows my managed team to make trades. I just started the season but realized that I would like to make some roster moves. Is there a way to go back to the set up wizard or some setting that will allow me to change "use real historical transactions and also change "use real lineups", so I can have trades or do I have to wait until the end of the current season and change these settings in the off season, if that is even possible if Im playing continuous years? Or is it best to go back and start over? I guess Im inching for some unpredictability in my replay season.
Thanks again.
seasideda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasideda View Post
hmm. will the AI allow you to make trades if you use real lineups? I have allow trades on, but I don't see an option that allows my managed team to make trades. I just started the season but realized that I would like to make some roster moves. Is there a way to go back to the set up wizard or some setting that will allow me to change "use real historical transactions and also change "use real lineups", so I can have trades or do I have to wait until the end of the current season and change these settings in the off season, if that is even possible if Im playing continuous years? Or is it best to go back and start over? I guess Im inching for some unpredictability in my replay season.
Thanks again.
Unsure on all. I dont use real transactions/lineups.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote