Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Recalc: peak seasons vs. remaining peak seasons vs....

Hi there, I'm (for the first time ever, maybe) finishing up a historical season, in this case 1969. Before I go into the offseason I want to make sure I know what's happening and how, so if I may ask a couple of questions...

1. What's the practical effect of the choice between recalc with "career peak seasons" vs. "remaining peak seasons"? I'm thinking that a Hank Aaron/Bob Gibson type would keep better numbers as he approaches the end of his career with the first option. I think that's what I want, but does it result in too many good players for the Mark Fidrych/Ron Bryant kind of guy that has one or two good years? Actually I'd like those sorts of players to have longer careers, so maybe career peak is the way to go for me.

2. I've never ended a season with reserve clause rules in play. I don't want all my players to leave at the end of the season because I don't offer them contracts. How does the end of season/offseason/preseason look with reserve clause rules in effect? I don't want to botch the offseason.

Thanks in advance for any help.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

1. The use of recalc is not affected by how you choose to have potential displayed (using remaining or peak seasons). I use recalc in conjunction with player development and like how this blends the OOTP fictional development and RL history.

2. Even with RC working, you have to pay your players if you want them to play. They cannot leave via Free Agency, but they can choose not to play at all of you don't make an acceptable offer.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Thanks very much for your responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
1. The use of recalc is not affected by how you choose to have potential displayed (using remaining or peak seasons). I use recalc in conjunction with player development and like how this blends the OOTP fictional development and RL history.
I thought it actually changed the way the stats were recalculated, but if it's only cosmetic I guess I like it as is. Silly me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
2. Even with RC working, you have to pay your players if you want them to play. They cannot leave via Free Agency, but they can choose not to play at all of you don't make an acceptable offer.
OK, so I guess I'll get a prompt somewhere in there to re-sign everyone. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLoophole View Post
Hi there, I'm (for the first time ever, maybe) finishing up a historical season, in this case 1969. Before I go into the offseason I want to make sure I know what's happening and how, so if I may ask a couple of questions...

1. What's the practical effect of the choice between recalc with "career peak seasons" vs. "remaining peak seasons"? I'm thinking that a Hank Aaron/Bob Gibson type would keep better numbers as he approaches the end of his career with the first option. I think that's what I want, but does it result in too many good players for the Mark Fidrych/Ron Bryant kind of guy that has one or two good years? Actually I'd like those sorts of players to have longer careers, so maybe career peak is the way to go for me.

2. I've never ended a season with reserve clause rules in play. I don't want all my players to leave at the end of the season because I don't offer them contracts. How does the end of season/offseason/preseason look with reserve clause rules in effect? I don't want to botch the offseason.

Thanks in advance for any help.
They'll stay on roster and be awarded a (very cheap) contract if you don't offer them anything.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:46 AM   #5
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
They'll stay on roster and be awarded a (very cheap) contract if you don't offer them anything.
Thanks for that... I noticed there's no "offer extension" option on the player menu where it normally appears.