Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
RonP
Minors (Triple A)

How to Import Historical Player

I know this can be done as I have imported Babe Ruth and Dick Allen previously but I haven't done it in a while and I must be doing something wrong. I'm trying to bring in Dick Allen again and the import is failing. I put Allendi01 and have used the years '70 and '71. I no longer have a baseball encyc. so I may have the years wrong he may have been later in the '70's but is his name and number (01) right? I have a team in a league that he'd be a perfect match for. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Ron
RonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
sprague
All Star Starter

the name is right
as are years for him playing

do you have the right database set up, on the call up box it asks what database you are going to
generally the one that comes with the game for lehman is "stats" folder and master for enterance
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
RonP
Minors (Triple A)

I think I have csv.90dll or something close to that. I'm going to go check as maybe I'm using the wrong thing. Thanks, Ron.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
RonP
Minors (Triple A)

These are the choices I have at least on that level:/data
/default data
/Uninstall
changes.txt
GameuxInstallHelper.dll
GDFInstallhelper.dll
GDFInstall.exe
libmySQL.dll
license.txt
msvcr90.dll
ootp13.exe
readme.txt
I thought it was the msvcr90 but that didn't work. I tried a couple of the others and they didn't either. Do I have a database there?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
Jordan
All Star Starter

i dont wish to hijack this, but I'm using the manual, and the hint from it says to use the ID number which is given on their baseball reference page. I've been trying to import J.R. Richard into a fictional league but it isn't working. Anyone else have this problem with him? I'm certain I'm using the right ID number from his page. If it's different, I don't know how to look for it. Any help?
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
Jordan
All Star Starter

Also, RonP, you may be looking in the wrong section on your computer. What kind of operating system do you have? Windows 7, XP, etc.? I found my database by following the online manual
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
i dont wish to hijack this, but I'm using the manual, and the hint from it says to use the ID number which is given on their baseball reference page. I've been trying to import J.R. Richard into a fictional league but it isn't working. Anyone else have this problem with him? I'm certain I'm using the right ID number from his page. If it's different, I don't know how to look for it. Any help?
Players with initials dont import properly. A.J. Pierzynski doesn't load as pierza.01 he loads as pierzaj01 so for JR Richard try richajr01 year.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #8
RonP
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Also, RonP, you may be looking in the wrong section on your computer. What kind of operating system do you have? Windows 7, XP, etc.? I found my database by following the online manual
I have windows seven.