Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
LordTC
Major Leagues

Good Prospects for Recalc Off

I want to play a historical league with recalc off and give prospects a chance to develop naturally (starting in 1901). I'm planning on playing with a fairly low (possibly even 1) development randomness. I'd like to have a chance for some alternative histories (players not ending careers early, etc) but I think changes could be interesting too.

Has anyone tried variations of this before and have any advice about creation settings?

I'm leaning towards basing fielding and pitching stamina on entire career and basing potential on peak seasons (allow some of the guys with shorter careers to have good numbers to create more potential interesting prospects) but I'm unsure if this is a good approach.

One big issue is that I suspect the SP's will largely have no ahistorical options. I'm also concerned about their being potentially too few catchers in some years.
LordTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTC View Post
I want to play a historical league with recalc off and give prospects a chance to develop naturally (starting in 1901). I'm planning on playing with a fairly low (possibly even 1) development randomness. I'd like to have a chance for some alternative histories (players not ending careers early, etc) but I think changes could be interesting too.

Has anyone tried variations of this before and have any advice about creation settings?

I'm leaning towards basing fielding and pitching stamina on entire career and basing potential on peak seasons (allow some of the guys with shorter careers to have good numbers to create more potential interesting prospects) but I'm unsure if this is a good approach.

One big issue is that I suspect the SP's will largely have no ahistorical options. I'm also concerned about their being potentially too few catchers in some years.
I done pretty much that with my dynasty, except kept reclac on at 3 years.. Took version 11 with the default setting, before importing to 12 and then 13. I did not change hardly any settings out of the box.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

Last edited by scott1964; 06-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.
scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This is how I like to play. I would recommend checking out the Spritze database, as you can have players import around 18 when they would have been drafted, and it allows players to properly develop.

Sometimes you see some pretty interesting things happen, so as long as you are comfortable with someone who never was good turning into a superstar I think it is a fun way to play. Most of the time players will develop as you expect, but there is usually enough surprises to keep things interesting.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:

I'm about to start a league doing just this. However, I didn't think to to go with anything other than the default settings.

When does one change the settings for fielding and pitching stamina to "entire career"? I assume you can do it in the League setup, but does it need to be done before you start the game so the players you start with get those calculations?

Also where does one change the development randomness? Is that a modifier that you find in the preferences and opens up as a text file?
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post
I'm about to start a league doing just this. However, I didn't think to to go with anything other than the default settings.

When does one change the settings for fielding and pitching stamina to "entire career"? I assume you can do it in the League setup, but does it need to be done before you start the game so the players you start with get those calculations?

Also where does one change the development randomness? Is that a modifier that you find in the preferences and opens up as a text file?
When you start a historical game on step 1 you can click on the advanced options, and it will open up what to base current ratings on, potential, fielding, pitching. That is the best way to do it if you want everyone to import with whatever settings you chose. You can do that on the Historical tab under League Setup, but it will only apply going forward.

On the Player & Picture Options under the player options on the left is the Talent Change Randomness. I always like to go 25 or under with this.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #6
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
When you start a historical game on step 1 you can click on the advanced options, and it will open up what to base current ratings on, potential, fielding, pitching. That is the best way to do it if you want everyone to import with whatever settings you chose. You can do that on the Historical tab under League Setup, but it will only apply going forward.

On the Player & Picture Options under the player options on the left is the Talent Change Randomness. I always like to go 25 or under with this.
Yeah, that is what I thought was probably the case. Had no idea the talent change randomness was where it was though.

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #7
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:

I may be wrong, but I think recalc has to be checked to base potential on peak seasons. Fielding and pitching stamina can still be changed with development on and recalc off, but not potential and therefore no basing it off peak seasons.