Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
seasideda
Minors (Double A)

Help setting up a greatest Red Sox team league

I want to create a leauge of the 15 best Red Sox Teams from 1903 to 2007. Im having trouble getting started. I know how to import the teams once I set up the leauge but what is the best way to set this up. Should I start with the "new historical game" or "new Custom" game menu.
Then should I import a whole season.. lets say 1918 and then import the other teams from there. Sorry in new,maybe I should start with something a little easier. Thank you.
seasideda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Joe Shlabotnick
Minors (Triple A)

I'm no expert, but I believe Custom is the way to go.

Since you want to tweak so many variables, and since you want only One Team actually from 1918 (for example), there is no reason to use Historical setup.

Create a custom league with the structure you want, then go ahead and import all the teams you want.

Then you can fiddle with the other options. I see from another post that you want Eddie Collins to hit his realistic Low-HR totals in the same season where Manny Ramirez hits his realistic High-HR totals.

I'm not sure it is possible to recreate this in OOTP. In OOTP, you pick a year to base stats off, and then the players will perform as they might have in that year. If you put Manny in 1918, he will not hit 40 Homers, but if you put him in 2004, he can. If you put Eddie Collins in 2004, with his power rating (don't know it, but assuming it is decent), he will hit more than 7 homers.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
seasideda
Minors (Double A)

Thank You Joe-
Thats great advice. I think Id rather see Eddie Collins hit more hr's rather than Manny only hit 10 or so. I would assume though that if using real stats players would still preform pretty true to their actuals or close to it. I dont think Collins would hit 30 hrs would he. Then again, if the AI is siming off of player ratings rather than actual stats then you have a case that he would hit many more in a steriod era. Hmm, does OOTP have an option to use actual stats rather than player ratings??
seasideda is offline   Reply With Quote