Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 03-13-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
DaveMagadanAllStars
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1979 replay

This question is separate from the historical free agency post I just posted.

I am ~50 games into my Expos season and all is going according to plan.

However, to see if there would be any hiccups after the season ended I simulated through the WS (don't worry I backed up to multiple sources). Upon the completion of the WS (the Cardinals won btw), initially their organizational roster included zero players whereas all other rosters remained intact. I simmed a little bit forward and the league ran an expansion draft. I had checked 'Automatically expand league' and 'Hold Expansion Draft' but, based on the manual, I did so with the understanding that doing so would result in the league expanding as MLB did in real life. However, upon completion of the expansion draft and reviewing the transaction log, the Expos and St Louis were the lone teams to draft new players via the expansion draft. I have zero idea how this happened and would appreciate any sage insights.

I simmed the 1980 season and there was no expansion draft conducted at the conclusion of that season. One thing I did notice, if I do a search for a player, two listings show. One that is listed for my saved game and another indicating that said player retired (this happens for any player I search for) and that they did not play after the 1979 season.

Another thing to take into consideration, upon advancing a couple of seasons and reviewing some rosters at the end of 1982, there appear to be duplicates of all players when doing a player search For instance, there is one Mookie Wilson that looks like the original one (came up with Mets and still on the club) and another that is on the Padres (signed a one-year contract with SD prior to 1981). Just trying to provide as much initial information as I can.

Desperately seeking some assistance here. Thank you in advance. And let me know if you need additional details.

Last edited by DaveMagadanAllStars; 03-13-2012 at 03:36 AM.
DaveMagadanAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Something is drastically wrong with your saved game. Are you using a modified database? Did you modify the standard historical settings in any way?

It seems strange that a couple of people have had such huge issues in their historical saves. Normally it's very stable, and usually it's using an altered database or changing some settings that can cause issues.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
DaveMagadanAllStars
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I tweaked some of the settings but nothing too drastic. The only time I did anything 'outside of the box' was inputting the database path in the historical progressing options, under the historical rookies options.

I have started up a new season with the automatically expand league feature turned off. I simmed out a separate league for about 10 years with comparable settings and turned that off throughout and 'expansion' never happened. My concern with my new dynasty is what to do when the league actually expands in 1993. Any thoughts? Turn the setting back on in the offseason before 1993?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

You will definitely need to turn on expansion in order for it to happen.

I'd be careful about using your own database path. It's usually best to install the database in the default directory and let OOTP use its usual location for that.

Maybe this is partly what caused the problem. If you see persistent issues, then you can upload your league files for OOTP support, and Markus could have a look at them. There are instructions for this in the support area.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
DaveMagadanAllStars
Minors (Rookie Ball)

would you recommend removing the database path from the setup. and if so, will i experience any issues as a result of removing it?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
DaveMagadanAllStars
Minors (Rookie Ball)

and thank you for the feedback.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:57 AM   #7
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMagadanAllStars View Post
would you recommend removing the database path from the setup. and if so, will i experience any issues as a result of removing it?
I'm really not sure. I have never used a custom database path. You can always create a backup of your league through the OOTP options and then try it. If you remote your custom database path, I think the game might revert to its default.