Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 10-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #81
Henry
Hall of Fame

PCL-OCT13-1908
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #82
Henry
Hall of Fame

Pacific Coast League - 1909

Expansion from 4 to 6 teams; Sacramento Sacts again join the league with the Vernon Tigers. Each of the four 1908 teams get to protect 15 players. Complete Winter 1908-09 newspaper will be provided with full analysis.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #83
Henry
Hall of Fame

PCL-WINTER-0809
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #84
Henry
Hall of Fame

PCL-APR15-1909
Old 10-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #85
Henry
Hall of Fame

PCL-MAY15-1909
Old 10-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #86
Henry
Hall of Fame

PCL-JUN15-1909
Old 10-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #87
Henry
Hall of Fame

PCL-JUL15-1909
Old 10-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #88
Henry
Hall of Fame

PCL-AUG15-1909

Final run between Oaks and Beavers
Old 10-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #89
Henry
Hall of Fame

PCL-SEP15-1909
Old 10-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #90
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
NOTE: This is not a PCL replay since there is no way to force rookies to their original teams (OOTP limitation). Rookies will enter as Free Agents and be signed by each team per the AI.
I'm no expert on this and I could be overlooking something, but I was wondering if it would be possible to use the Historical Franchise ID in both the game and in the database to fool the game into thinking the players and teams are MLB. For example, at the start of the PCL, the LA Angels would have the ID of BOS and all players that should start 1903 on LA would have the ID of BOS; Sacramento and their players would be CHW, Seattle would be CLE, and so forth... Possible?
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #91
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Atchally you can use SAC for Sacramento and such. The challenge is merely making sure all the team abbreviations match the ones in the team, batting, pitching and fielding csv's.

In my league I have 16 such teams playing alongside the 16 major league teams in their own divisions with a schedule that allows no interdivisional play until playoff time.

Do that and the rookies work like rookies do. Major league teams aint necessary but 2 leagues with an even number of teams is required. Mebbe someday the International League or American Assoiciation will be completed so we can have a second league rolling alongside the PCL.

Last edited by Spritze; 10-25-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #92
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Atchally you can use SAC for Sacramento and such. The challenge is merely making sure all the team abbreviations match the ones in the team, batting, pitching and fielding csv's.

In my league I have 16 such teams playing alongside the 16 major league teams in their own divisions with a schedule that allows no interdivisional play until playoff time.
Interesting... I assume you are talking historical players since that's what this is all about. So how did you decide which rookie players go on which team, and into which league (the Major League vs the "other" League)? Ordinarily, I would think that with your own setup, you'd have a draft, but it sounds like - due to your "SAC for Sacramento" example, you have rookies importing to specific teams. Do tell.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #93
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Since it is only rookies that get sent to specific teams and since I use each players minor league statistics to cowculate their ratings (rather OOTP does) I put a player on the first team he played for that is in my "major league" be that New York or Sacramento. It means some players who were rookies on major league teams later but who first appeared in the PCL a year or two earlier get put on the PCL team plus I have a team in Havana for all the Cuban players and one in Mexico City for all the Mexican players and I split all the Negro players among those two teams as they were always welcome in Mexico and Cuba and not so much in the U.S. When the Japanese players come on-line in the mid-1930's I plan on putting a team in Tokyo for them.

Once a player gets put on his debut team I let OOTP control player movement (except for whatever team I am controlling) which makes every team interracial very quickly.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #94
thehef
Hall Of Famer

I'd be curious to find out more about your league, Spritze. For example, I assume your db has the Cubans going to HAV (or whatever abbrev. for whatever team), the Japanese set to TOK, the Mexicans to MXC, the negros to various teams, and the major-leaguers to their initial team, as you describe. But who are the other players who fill out the remaining (if I'm counting right) 13 teams, and how are you distributing those? I assume from what you wrote that some are going to their legitimate, first PCL team... And is that database or quickstart available anywhere?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #95
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
I'd be curious to find out more about your league, Spritze. For example, I assume your db has the Cubans going to HAV (or whatever abbrev. for whatever team), the Japanese set to TOK, the Mexicans to MXC, the negros to various teams, and the major-leaguers to their initial team, as you describe. But who are the other players who fill out the remaining (if I'm counting right) 13 teams, and how are you distributing those?
The Spritze 18 HS db is the base db so there are 1,000 or 2,000 players each year available to the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
I assume from what you wrote that some are going to their legitimate, first PCL team... And is that database or quickstart available anywhere?
Next time I restart the league I'll save it as a quickstart. The db is just an updated Spritze High School db with different team abbreviations for the players. I have not released the updated db anywhere yet. It includes the PCL players I did for the PCL project as well as the seamheads data.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #96
Henry
Hall of Fame

Update

It's been madness around here last couple weeks. I cracked a tooth and got a root canal (still waiting for the crown), car problems, and I have a 10 day commitment coming up end of November...

Not sure when I will get back to the PCL since any time I do have available I need to spend on the online leagues - but I will get back to it - probably some in December and pick up the pace again in January. I hope all you readers stick with the story

Henry
Old 09-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #97
KCBaseballVaultTroy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
It's been madness around here last couple weeks. I cracked a tooth and got a root canal (still waiting for the crown), car problems, and I have a 10 day commitment coming up end of November...

Not sure when I will get back to the PCL since any time I do have available I need to spend on the online leagues - but I will get back to it - probably some in December and pick up the pace again in January. I hope all you readers stick with the story

Henry
IS there a OOTP 14 version of this?

Thanks
Troy
KCBaseballVaultTroy is offline   Reply With Quote