Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #21
MParty7441
Bat Boy

I am new here, where is the Lahman53 file to Download? Thanks
MParty7441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #22
CubsFan915
Minors (Single A)

How do I handle realignment? I started a league in 1969, and I'm almost to 1977 with the expansion ading the Mariners and Blue Jays, and I'll need to realign the Brewers and Rangers accordingly, and I can't see where to do that...

CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #23
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Every time I try to start a league with the database it crashes. I have patched to the latest version of OOTP. The game will crash once it gets to the point of "loading players".
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:41 PM   #24
Mattymo
All Star Starter

I didn't know I was supposed to use "master". I've been using the "teams" file when starting a historical league. Will this cause any problems?
Mattymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #25
Jeffaz12
Bat Boy

Start up of Historical League problems

I tried using the method described and all I got was real pitchers put in as position players, Thus Randy Johnson was listed not as a pitcher but a catcher. None of the rosters has any pitchers on them, even though all the imported players were real pitchers. The team names were all right and the pitchers match up to their real teams, but as position players not pitchers. I used Lahman as described. I am using the mac version. Can you help me?
Thanks Jeff
Jeffaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #26
dmarmol
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffaz12
I tried using the method described and all I got was real pitchers put in as position players, Thus Randy Johnson was listed not as a pitcher but a catcher. None of the rosters has any pitchers on them, even though all the imported players were real pitchers. The team names were all right and the pitchers match up to their real teams, but as position players not pitchers. I used Lahman as described. I am using the mac version. Can you help me?
Thanks Jeff
I am having the same problems, but, I used the DH rule for both leagues so I have lots of pitchers who are listed as DH's
dmarmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #27
Jeffaz12
Bat Boy

Did you get any postion players? All I got were pitchers as position players. As for instance Lance Berkman did not appear. Could this be a bug in the mac version.
Jeffaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #28
dmarmol
Bat Boy

No, No position players at all, It's been really frustrating...I've tried to import several times and it's been a bust!

I think it would be a great idea to have a forum just for us "Mac" guy so we'd have a place to get HELP!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #29
dmarmol
Bat Boy

There's definitely a problem somewhere, as when i go to manager and then to Player search & shortlist, i get players as old as 179 and it downloaded 755 total players!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #30
GeorgeT
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MParty7441
I am new here, where is the Lahman53 file to Download? Thanks

Go here...http://www.baseball1.com/statistics/
GeorgeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:41 PM   #31
CubsFan915
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan915
How do I handle realignment? I started a league in 1969, and I'm almost to 1977 with the expansion adding the Mariners and Blue Jays, and I'll need to realign the Brewers and Rangers accordingly, and I can't see where to do that...
Bump.. I've kind of hit the wall until I get the expansion done...

CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #32
trock008
Bat Boy

I'm not in front of the computer right now, but I think under the game tap, you can go to settings and adjust that stuff there...I think
trock008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:08 PM   #33
redmarkYankees
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan915
Bump.. I've kind of hit the wall until I get the expansion done...
Game Setup > League Setup > Action > Edit League Structure. Can only be done in preseason, not offseason. Add, delete, move teams, etc. Also check names/Lahman team ID once teams added or moved, if Lahman ID changes.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #34
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Choice of DB?

Has anyone done a historical replay with Garlon's DB? I am having a problem getting players to go directly onto teams that I thought they should show up on. I've checked the boxes and the path and disabled the ammy draft. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

JP
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #35
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Yes...I can hear the crickets...thanks for ALL the response!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #36
wkimwes
Bat Boy

Ok I'm frustrated, I tried to do a historical league and tried to import a historical draft after the 1st season, every time it starts to create the draft pool it gives Fail to import from database or something like that. Doesn't matter which year I start from, be it 1901 to 2004.

I tried -

1. Manually typing in the path. Which is on my machine is F:\ARODGARLON and pressed enter.

2. Re downloaded the file still had the problem.

3. Used the Lahman DB and still have the same problem.

I'm so annoyed atm...! Anyone run into this same problem or know how to fix this?

MLB Sim : Angels 1-1 World Series
ASBL: Cleveland Indians 2007 Wild Card Winners.
wkimwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #37
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkimwes
Ok I'm frustrated, I tried to do a historical league and tried to import a historical draft after the 1st season, every time it starts to create the draft pool it gives Fail to import from database or something like that. Doesn't matter which year I start from, be it 1901 to 2004.

I tried -

1. Manually typing in the path. Which is on my machine is F:\ARODGARLON and pressed enter.

2. Re downloaded the file still had the problem.

3. Used the Lahman DB and still have the same problem.

I'm so annoyed atm...! Anyone run into this same problem or know how to fix this?
I had the same problem as you when OOTP first came out. The culprit was your #1. After I moved the DB to the directory that is explained in my tutorial, it worked fine. Seems OOTP won't look anywhere else, even if you type the path in. Try putting the DB in the default location as per step #2.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #38
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP
Has anyone done a historical replay with Garlon's DB? I am having a problem getting players to go directly onto teams that I thought they should show up on. I've checked the boxes and the path and disabled the ammy draft. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

JP
Are the Team abbreviations correct as per my Chronology? (see link in my sig)
Old 06-27-2006, 05:58 PM   #39
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM
Are the Team abbreviations correct as per my Chronology? (see link in my sig)

Bruce,

I use your Chronology and I've recommended it numerous times. But, where I seem to be having a problem is BEFORE 1901. Thanks for getting back to me.

JP
Old 06-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #40
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP
Bruce,

I use your Chronology and I've recommended it numerous times. But, where I seem to be having a problem is BEFORE 1901. Thanks for getting back to me.

JP
Hmm, afraid I can't be of much help prior to 1901. I've never played an historical league prior to 1901. You can check the Lahman DB though to find out what the abbreviations were for each year. That would be a good place to start anyway. If that doesn't solve your problem post back here and we'll see if we can't figure it out.

Just out of curiousity, did you start with a fictional league for the first season and then start trying to import from the DB?