Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #81
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Thanks,

Just after I posted I did the right thing.
Thanks for the help.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #82
billethius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brife71
I've been doing this over the last few days and I like the results. The only problem I have is the stupid AI manager for the Boston Red Sox. It's 1926 and They have yet to make Babe Ruth A starter. He has great stats for when he plays (he starts every third game cause that's the platoon the manager gives him) But they never make him the starter. Over the last 4 years they have gotten a different right fielder each year to start the majority of the games over him. Other than taking control of the Red Sox as manager, is there anything that can be done about this idiot?

Brian
I had the same thing happen. I'm up to 1950 and Ruth - after being traded to the Pirates for a pitcher who played for four years before being out of the league - ended up as a platoon player (if that) and retired after the 1937 season with just 212 homeruns. This doesn't really bother me though.

On the other hand, Lou Gehrig retired after the 1945 season with 4220 hits, 738 homers (most in the league by about 150), 2553 rbi, 2685 runs, 2411 walks, and a .364 career average. He also accumulated 12 MVP awards, a rookie of the year, 5 world series titles, and several gold gloves.
billethius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #83
bp_
Hall Of Famer

If anyone wants photos for this I suggest using these: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=120258
Old 06-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #84
bp_
Hall Of Famer

I noticed from Bruce's spreadsheet that a couple teams changed stadiums in 1902 - how do we add new stadiums to the game?

Also, I noticed a couple teams changed their nicknames, is there an update to the historical ID when this happens or do they remain the same unless noted in the online spreadsheet?
Old 06-04-2006, 02:28 PM   #85
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_
I noticed from Bruce's spreadsheet that a couple teams changed stadiums in 1902 - how do we add new stadiums to the game?

Also, I noticed a couple teams changed their nicknames, is there an update to the historical ID when this happens or do they remain the same unless noted in the online spreadsheet?
1. In "Game Setup", League Setup, there is a tab located bottom right corner titled "Other Functions". You can edit ballparks in here. Not sure if you can construct new ones or not.

2. Nickname changes do not effect the historical ID. You can change those to anything you like as often as you like.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #86
Nukester
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan
Ruth started as a pitcher but I manually changed him to an outfielder in 1917 or so. If you are in commissioner mode just go to his player page and select the editor tab. I then switched his primary position to OF and gave him ratings at Left and Right field.
When you do this, does the player card show pitching and hitting career stats, or just whatever he currently is ?
Nukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #87
bp_
Hall Of Famer

When does the importing of rookies happen? I am at spring training and there are no new players imported. I am using AROD/Garlan and I have changed the path to find the file but I have no new players in the league.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #88
BillyMadison
Minors (Double A)

Tigerfan or anyone else... Is there anyway to release all players then hold a fantasy/inaugural draft before I start simming?

Thanks.
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #89
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMadison
Tigerfan or anyone else... Is there anyway to release all players then hold a fantasy/inaugural draft before I start simming?

Thanks.
In "Game Setup", "League Options", bottom right, centre tab named "Financial Functions". There is an option to "Release all players, Clear Rosters."

Last edited by Bluenoser; 06-23-2006 at 06:42 AM.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #90
BillyMadison
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM
In "Game Setup", "League Options", bottom right, centre tabe named "Financial Functions". There is an option to "Release all players, Clear Rosters."
Yea, did that... but how do I start a draft?
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:54 PM   #91
redmarkYankees
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_
When does the importing of rookies happen? I am at spring training and there are no new players imported. I am using AROD/Garlan and I have changed the path to find the file but I have no new players in the league.
15th February, if set to import automatically to historical teams.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #92
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmarkYankees
15th February, if set to import automatically to historical teams.
OK, so if it seems like that didn't happen how do I go back/rectify the situation?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #93
RchW
Hall Of Famer

More questions. In 1902, some players, mostly rookies have no ratings at certain skills such as contact, or if a pitcher say movement. Yet if I click on the editor tab I see ratings. I must be missing something obvious.

Should I expect ratings at all spots in the Player ratings view?

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #94
Shaner99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW
More questions. In 1902, some players, mostly rookies have no ratings at certain skills such as contact, or if a pitcher say movement. Yet if I click on the editor tab I see ratings. I must be missing something obvious.

Should I expect ratings at all spots in the Player ratings view?
I believe "scouting" is turned on.
Shaner99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #95
redmarkYankees
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_
OK, so if it seems like that didn't happen how do I go back/rectify the situation?
You can't go back (without restarting this league). What you could try is to take a backup of the league folder and quick sim through to next year and check again. Because there are no notifications, you do need to check teams rosters to find them. If it doesn't work again, you have some option wrong somewhere (or one of the users who just seems to be having problems with historical imports?)
Old 06-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #96
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmarkYankees
You can't go back (without restarting this league). What you could try is to take a backup of the league folder and quick sim through to next year and check again. Because there are no notifications, you do need to check teams rosters to find them. If it doesn't work again, you have some option wrong somewhere (or one of the users who just seems to be having problems with historical imports?)
Damn, that stinks. I wonder what went wrong. I don't think I changed any of Tigerfan's settings. I guess I'll wait for the patch before I start over. Thankfully I didn't get too far but my team did finish second.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #97
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I'm interested in finding an accurate setting for 1901. It seems like the game does a great job of normalizing after the first year. I wonder if it could be right to input the old 1901 settings from version 6.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #98
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I found an old suggested version 6 setting searching the forum and it calmed down the home run parade for 1901 considerably, reducing it to something like historical levels. From what I've seen the game takes over after that.
AB=100000
H=27493
2B=5191
3B=1249
HR=1311
BB=9186
HB=826
K=9868
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #99
boilermaker
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethius
At what point do you start to alter the financial coefficient? Or do you just leave it low as it is and not worry about it?
I kind of would like to know the answer to this.
boilermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #100
billethius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilermaker
I kind of would like to know the answer to this.
I found the financial coefficient spreadsheet in one of the threads around here. Using that, I've altered the coefficient every few years or so as I sim.
billethius is offline   Reply With Quote