Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Inside the Park Baseball > ITP Trouble Shooting & Tech Support

ITP Trouble Shooting & Tech Support Please post problems or bug reports here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
bigfly_22
Minors (Single A)

Unhappy Game Support

First let me say that I love this game. Markus and crew have done a great job.

With that said, I am quite upset that there are so many issues unresolved since the second patch was put out about three weeks ago.

I know that OOTP 6 is being worked on for its release, but if you cannot support more than one game at a time, why even release it?

My frustration is worse now because I've had two or three of the issues that have been posted on these boards happen to me.

Please help those of us who have supported you and your games in getting a new patch. It really is the least you can do.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:13 PM   #2
Kingfish
Bat Boy

Well, I am a 'lurker', I don't post unless I have something to ask or important to say...in fact, this is my first post here.

I have been around tho, watching this games development since the weekend it was released(found it in a post over at the Front Office Football message board) and as with all new games, I watch the (tech)support forum intently. Game killers and big bug hunting is always interesting to see fixed BEFORE I throw down some $$$(even if its less than $20). I just want to know it works.

That has been the REAL BEAR for me...'we wants this game BAD precious' but I am wary of the remaining bugs/problems, also, the fact that there is no demo makes me double-leery. I am kewl with a 'refund' period but a FULL 3 day trial would be better, that's what got me to buy FBCB, it uses an eLicense and its very secure(or seems to be).

ANYWAY, I digress, if the next patch is quickly forthcoming AND addresses the problems the owners are having, I will toss my $$$ into the ring and get the game...however, I have slipped to checking this board to about once a week(down from 2+ times per day)...soon, it will be once a month

Well, this has been a POINTLESS post...I HATE THAT but, the jest of this is I hope to see a 1.03+ patch soon, if so...

Last edited by Kingfish; 01-19-2004 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:37 PM   #3
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Another patch IS in the works, no certain issues or a timetable for release are known "by me" at this time. As soon as I get additional info I will pass it on.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Old 01-24-2004, 03:16 PM   #4
bigfly_22
Minors (Single A)

It really sucks that no one has a timetable for this!! Obviously most of us understand the OOTP pays the bills and ITP is just the ugly, red-headed step child. However, the red-headed step child still at least gets to eat so give us a NEW PATCH!!! I'd love to be able to play in the same league, but since it "recycles" the player ID's I can't!! I'd love to get paid every season, but there is bug out there that makes me unable to do that!! I hate it when my player just decides to retire!! I could go on and on, but it is pretty obvious to me that nothing is going to push you into action. The longer it takes, though, the less likely I am to come back to support your future ventures!
Old 01-25-2004, 02:54 AM   #5
Warrior
Minors (Single A)

You know the old saying, it goes something like, "Shut the heck up!" Chill out guys, what did you really expect for $20. A movie, drinks, popcorn, and some candy. Oh, sorry, you probably couldn't get that for $20.00 either.

This is a great game, and I am guessing, even without the bugs you are concerned with, you already got at least $20 of entertainment out of it. Help is coming and just because you don't know the exact time and date...doesn't mean it won't be here soon.

To Steve, tell everyone to take as much time as needed, we would all rather have it done correctly, even though it may take some time. You are producing great games, both ITP and OOTP! Thank you

Mud Hen's Out Of The Park Association - San Jose Giants
Old 01-25-2004, 02:27 PM   #6
bigfly_22
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrior
You know the old saying, it goes something like, "Shut the heck up!" Chill out guys, what did you really expect for $20.
What I expect to get out a $20 game or a $50 game is the same: prompt support from the company who puts the game out!! That isn't too much to expect at all. Yes, I expected and knew when they released it that there would be some issues to deal with; however, there is no excuse in the world for them to not keep us all up to date on the progress of the updates. That, essentially, is all I'm even asking for in this forum and the others I've posted in. Being kept in the dark is more frustrating that having the problems because I keep playing the game hoping for something new to come up. Meanwhile I am dealing with all the issues that need to be fixed. OR, like most other people, I could just simply quit playing the game. Instead of thinking that I am an @$$, think about what I am writing about and realize that I'm just a consumer looking for value in the product I paid my money to get. In the end, I am the only one who determines how much value I get out of $20.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:10 PM   #7
Jack Bauer

I guess we need to get Markus to stop his PROGRAMMING to give YOU an update everyday of the progress......MAYBE that would make you happy.................but probably not.

I know IMO I'd much rather have him working on the game than stopping to give ME or anyonelse an update. Whine on......
Old 01-25-2004, 06:11 PM   #8
bigfly_22
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bauer
I guess we need to get Markus to stop his PROGRAMMING to give YOU an update everyday of the progress......MAYBE that would make you happy.................but probably not.

I know IMO I'd much rather have him working on the game than stopping to give ME or anyonelse an update. Whine on......
It has never been suggested that Markus STOP his PROGRAMMING to give ME an update, but obviously one of us here is ignorant...that happens. What shouldn't happen is you being a dumbass to me about my money. I spent money on a game that has more bugs than a OTR truck's windshield. I simply have tried to find out when a new patch will be put out and have been ignored. After being ignored for the better part of two weeks, I decided to make a post about it. It really is too bad that you're satisfied with inferiority, but that is another one of the signs that you truly are ignorant. Not only that, but he isn't even working on ITP, the game I'd like to get support for, he is working on OOTP6 which has been deemed more important than fixing a product more and more people each day are no longer playing because of all the issues that are still present with it. As I've stated before, I know OOTP is what pays the bucks so I do understand that is the priority. ALL I'VE ASKED FOR IS INFORMATION!! I HAVEN'T ATTACKED ANYONE ELSE ON ANY OF THESE FORUMS!! FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO WORRY ABOUT BECAUSE I WON'T STOP WORRYING ABOUT THIS UNTIL SOMEONE HAS THE DECENCY TO POST AN APPROXIMATE DATE FOR A NEW PATCH!!
Old 01-25-2004, 06:17 PM   #9
Jack Bauer

I'd have to agree, from a standpoint of being able to READ it is obvious who the ignorant one is.......

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...threadid=53614

In case following that link is too tough for ya Markus says a big update is coming but he cannot give a timetable currently. I know that isn't good enough for ya since he didn't post it in YOUR thread....but oh well.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:40 PM   #10
jeheinz72
Hall Of Famer

Amen Jack Bauer. It is amazing how people fiend for patches like it is their god-given right. Granted I don't play PlayStation or those, but last I checked, there ain't no patches on those games. And ditto whomever said they'd rather have Markus programming than responding to the 100 posts a day, minimum, pointed in his direction.

It all seems pretty simple to me. You can start thread after thread asking about this feature or that feature or when this is coming, or that is coming, but the fact of the matter is, Markus et al will tell us when they are good and ready, and that is the way it should be.