Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Online League Issues

In an online league as a non-commissioner I can edit players and advance the draft... that should not be possible. This needs to be taken care of asap...
Robmeister89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:37 AM   #2
Templer
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmeister89 View Post
In an online league as a non-commissioner I can edit players and advance the draft... that should not be possible. This needs to be taken care of asap...
And that's not the only issue. I wonder if the online mode is even usable. It seems to be awkward and rough.
Templer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:56 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmeister89 View Post
Non-commissioners can edit a handful of cosmetic fields (names, nicknames, etc.) but nothing that'll affect game performance, and only the changes on his own team will be sent to the commissioner, so he can't affect other players.

The commissioner has control of when the league advances and the contents of the league files the managers receive. For a non-commissioner to do something that would affect the draft, the commissioner would need to stop on the draft date, send the new league files to the members, then accept and import team files before continuing. Obviously, that sequence doesn't make a lot of sense; the commissioner should be running the draft themselves (via whatever method the league uses, many of which require him to act as individual managers, thus the need for them to be able to make draft picks) and then sending a post-draft set of updated files to the league members. It makes sense to send a draft day league file to the membership so they can plan their draft and/or send appropriate instructions, but the commissioner can prevent any manipulation of the data by simply not importing any team files back until he finishes the draft and sends out a new set of league files.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #4
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

So what happens if a GM changes something on a player and exports? Is that information going to be set to everyone?

And what about the draft... Say a user accidentally simulates and exports, what then? As the commissioner am I not supposed to accept imports during the draft? What if we prefer to update the files every round so the list gets updated? It would be ideal since the game doesn't have csv outputs.

It makes no sense to allow these sort of changes as a non-commissioner.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #5
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

Not to mention that player ratings aren't even shown to GMs.
IamJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:59 AM   #6
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Bump. I have further questions that don't seem to want to be answered...I just feel this area needs more attention. Non-commissioners should not have such power, regardless if it affects anything in anyone else.

Last edited by Robmeister89; 10-17-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #7
bjernagris
Minors (Single A)

Minor potential bug related to online; when demoting a player from the NHL to the juniors, this demotion doesn't seem to be registered properly by teamfiles. Demotions to AHL/ECHL work fine, though.

iNHL is the longest running FHM online league in the world

- Semi-realistic, modern-day NHL league
- Running since 2015, currently in our 30th season (two restarts)
- Active, friendly community
- Own research team adding real-life prospects to make drafts more realistic
- Recently moved to FHM10
- Read more and apply HERE
bjernagris is offline   Reply With Quote