Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 07-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
Nicolino Di Benedetto
Perfect Team Project Manager

Question How do I get a Custom Player to be draftable?

Hello,
I'm new to the FHM world and the game, but I am having a great time creating my own custom universe. I set up an NHL that has no shootout and 10-minute OTs in order to limit the likelihood of ties. It's two points for a win and one for a tie in my NHL that is a mix of 80s, 90s and today. I also moved a franchise (Carolina back to Hartford), changed a nickname (Wild are the North Stars) and used historical logo and uniforms packs found on this message board to throw some teams back (Kings, Devils, Canucks, Jets, Coyotes, Sharks, among others). It's been a lot of fun, and I look forward to expansion.

The only glitch I've found is that Antti Raanta (I'm using the Rangers) wasn't showing up on my active roster. Fortunately, someone from OOTP helped me resolve it by sending him to the minors and calling him up. Anyone experience a glitch like that before?

Also, I created about 10 players who were selected in the recent 2016 NHL Entry Draft, but aren't in custom games since they're contracted to clubs overseas. Auston Matthews and Patrik Laine are among the players I created. In order for the new players to be accurate, I started a new game, took screen shots of their ratings under edit and entered them into my custom game.

I added those players to various juniors teams so they wouldn't be signed as free agents by NHL teams. Has anyone done this before? I am wondering because I am not sure if they'll be available in the 2016 draft in the game. Is there something I need to do to get them in the draft log? They weren't listed in my latest draft scouting report.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Adam B; 07-09-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Nicolino Di Benedetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:24 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's probably their free agent status that's the problem. Open the players up in the editor, and check to see if their NHL League Rights are set to "None" or "Free" - if it's Free, it needs to be changed to None (on a regular player, they'll be None until they go through a draft unclaimed, at which point they switch to Free, but the player creator starts all new players out with the Free status, since they'd be perpetually unsignable otherwise if you didn't manually assign their rights.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote