Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 03-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #21
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

If you have the cash they will sign.

There is nothing a default set up has that will keep free agents from freeagenting and signing.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #22
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I always ran as commish and there were never any free agents left. They were always signed. But with a small pool of players you may need to make sure every team has money to sign. I noticed that the ones that only have 7 or 8 players dont have the money to sign a player and you have to give them a loan. I usually just give every team a 1,000. The teams that have money usually arent interested in the other free agents.

Last edited by BaseballMan; 03-28-2010 at 07:42 PM.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #23
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Got a book from the library called "The great encyclopedia of 19th century Baseball." Its a good book if you like 19th century baseball. I learned some new things. Like i didnt know the National League was actually called the League Association from 1892-1900 after it merged with the American Association. It talks about the rule changes each year as well.

Right now im creating separate Master lists for debut players for the
National Association 1871-1875
National League 1876-1891
American Association 1882-1891
Union Association 1884
Players League 1890
League Association 1892-1900
Federal League 1914-1915
Major League 1901-2009
Having players in the Master list for only one league should result in it debuting only one time. You just have to use the correct league database file.
Gonn a make a test to see if it will work. Not changing any other file because
i still need all the plyers stats its just his debut year that needs to be separated from other leagues.

As i do it ive been giving players with no first name the name of "John Doe"
for a first name so i will know the player had no real first name. Doesnt look right to have a player with no first name. But i also found some b-days were impossible because the database had the b-day for a couple of players after
his debut year. Cant really make your debut if your not born yet. So i just put their b-day 20 years prior to their debut year.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #24
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I forgot the Master database had already been edited so thats why the b-days were off.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #25
mjj55409
All Star Starter

I've tried many different things, but I cannot get the new players to import onto their correct teams when moving from 1871 to 1872. All the 1872 debut players end up in the free agent pool.

Here are the steps I've been following:

1. Edit batting, pitching, field csv files per the first post (change "NA" to "NL").
2. Edit team csv file to have an even number of teams in both AL and NL in 1871.
3. Create a historical league starting in 1871.
4. Run inaugural draft, delete teams, delete free agents, clear history
5. Import the 9 teams for the 1871 season
6. Import schedule
7. Sim to offseason.
8. Delete teams that folded (Chicago, Fort Wayne, Rockford)
9. Add new teams, making sure they have the same ID as in the teams file.
10. Sim to 1872 preseason

At this point all players that debuted in 1872 are in the FA pool. If others are getting the players assigned to their correct teams, I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #26
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj55409 View Post
I've tried many different things, but I cannot get the new players to import onto their correct teams when moving from 1871 to 1872. All the 1872 debut players end up in the free agent pool.

Here are the steps I've been following:

1. Edit batting, pitching, field csv files per the first post (change "NA" to "NL").
2. Edit team csv file to have an even number of teams in both AL and NL in 1871.
3. Create a historical league starting in 1871.
4. Run inaugural draft, delete teams, delete free agents, clear history
5. Import the 9 teams for the 1871 season
6. Import schedule
7. Sim to offseason.
8. Delete teams that folded (Chicago, Fort Wayne, Rockford)
9. Add new teams, making sure they have the same ID as in the teams file.
10. Sim to 1872 preseason

At this point all players that debuted in 1872 are in the FA pool. If others are getting the players assigned to their correct teams, I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong.
You have draft unchecked?
They should be there in preseason. I could send you the database i made to see if it will work for you. However they are separated by the different leagues so you wont have duplicated historical players when running the AA & NL. If you want all the rookies together you would just have to copy each leagues Master file to one file.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #27
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I lost my custom databases i used for OOTP X so i had to redo it. I have all the rookies for each league. The game will recognize the historical expansion but doesnt seem to put the players automatically on their real life rookie teams as i was able to get it to do in X. Bummer.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #28
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Seems to work now. I forgot in the early years there probably wasnt as many rookies as there were players coming from teams that had folded.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:59 AM   #29
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Been awhile but i am going to update my guide Theres been some changes and its a lot easier to run accurate 19th Century Leagues with all the right roster transactions now. Though some things will still have to be done manually.