Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
junebug41
Minors (Rookie Ball)

League financial settings revert after starting game

I've been trying to start a random-debut league that begins (just because) in the year 1970, but with more modern financial settings. So I choose the year, then go through all the tabs, setting average ticket prices, average player salaries, etc. manually. But then when I click the button to create the game, the financial settings are getting lost, appearing to revert back to the default levels for 1970. Other options I've checked/unchecked are getting undone as well, like the Reserve Clause thing and waiver settings.

Anyone have an idea of the cause?
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
I've been trying to start a random-debut league that begins (just because) in the year 1970, but with more modern financial settings. So I choose the year, then go through all the tabs, setting average ticket prices, average player salaries, etc. manually. But then when I click the button to create the game, the financial settings are getting lost, appearing to revert back to the default levels for 1970. Other options I've checked/unchecked are getting undone as well, like the Reserve Clause thing and waiver settings.

Anyone have an idea of the cause?
I'm guessing here, but I wonder if you have box selected to import correct financials. If so, I'm betting this is what's causing your problem
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

You can simply select your preferred year for financial and strategy settings. When you choose a different option from the pull-down menus in your setup, the new settings will be imported and overwrite the ones for the 1970s. There is no need to set each item individually unless you want to tweak them from the defaults for the given year you've selected.

As David Watts indicated, you just need to make sure to uncheck the boxes for automatically importing financial and strategy settings each year for accuracy. OOTP will then leave your settings as they are until you decide to change them manually.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #4
junebug41
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the assistance, guys. It looks like I just needed to pay closer attention. I hadn't noted that the financials and strategy settings were conjoined, so I would go through and set the financials based on 1998, then click over to the strategy tab and promptly import 1978. As Charlie alluded to, looks like I'll just need to customize a bit.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
PheekaJabal
Bat Boy

Help.....

I bought and downloaded Ootp 12 last night.
I enjoy watching baseball and I love sports management simulations.
I am really confused, because I just want to play this damn game but am now unsure how to do the initial set up. Is it worth making all the monetary values lower simply because I am trying to simulate a "poorer" league than the MLB? Would it help to also lower the average salaries of superstar players, average players, etc.?

Our Blog

"Crest Accountants
Suite E316, Level 3 Oracle East Building 3

Oracle Boulevard Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia?
+61 7 5538

0999crestaccountants.com.au"

Last edited by PheekaJabal; 10-19-2013 at 06:38 AM.
PheekaJabal is offline   Reply With Quote