Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 03-22-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
waitwut
Minors (Single A)

How to make a league randomly evolve?

So I want to start in 1871 with the historical accuracy at that moment... but then I want everything else to evolve not in accordance with strict history. I turned recalc off, but I left the "automatically expand league" and "automatically adjust league strategy" check boxes on because I want league evolution... but not necessarily real life evolution. Is that even possible? Am I missing some settings to turn off so that league evolution will happen complete with changes in stats and league schedules, but maybe do it in a non-historical way?

Last edited by waitwut; 03-22-2013 at 03:59 AM.
waitwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

When you use the creation wizzard from the begning on the 4th step screen, directly above "automatically expand league" there is a drop down box...switch that to "use talent ratings and ootp development engine" That will make the players develop independently of their real careers, as far as the schedule, once you've created the game, first thing you do is go to the game menu then select setup and options (in the advanced catagory) then to league setup in the middle pane at the top select edit schedule....then in the bottom right there is a "generate fictional schedule" Icon that should do that for you (note you can only edit the schedule during the off season and you'll probably have to do it each year during the off season if you want a different schedule every year. But like I said I haven't messed with the schedule before so...Good Luck!

Hope this helps and if anyone has something to add feel free!
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
waitwut
Minors (Single A)

Thanks a bunch! This is my first historical sim attempt so I had no idea what to do.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
waitwut
Minors (Single A)

I have another question... I really want the league to evolve but not in accordance with reality. If I uncheck the boxes about automatically adjusting league totals and modifiers each season will the modifiers and totals not change at all, or will it drift randomly? I'm kind of looking to have eras not match real life strictly.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
Hendu Style
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitwut View Post
I have another question... I really want the league to evolve but not in accordance with reality. If I uncheck the boxes about automatically adjusting league totals and modifiers each season will the modifiers and totals not change at all, or will it drift randomly? I'm kind of looking to have eras not match real life strictly.
I would love to know this too for a fictional league.

Previous OOTP Dynasties:
SimNation Fictional Universe (est. 1889)
This is Oakland A's Baseball
Beane Counting: The Oakland A's
Hendu Style is offline   Reply With Quote