Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 11-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

19th Century and Empty Sub-Leagues

What's up guys. I'm trying to get an 1876-present day sim going and I'm having some problems with the 19th century. During the NL-only years, I have the NL teams populating sub-league 2 and sub-league 1 is empty. This creates no problems except for one - at the end of each season, a seemingly random NL player is given the Gold Glove award at every position in the empty sub-league's history. I've tried to figure out how to override this and I can't.

Have any of you guys experienced this?

The only solution I can think of is to have all pre-1901 leagues as seperate leagues with one sub-league each, and create the 2 sub-league structure in 1901 when the AL arrives. But this is going to mess with career records for say, an awesome hitter who played from 1892-1910.

I suppose I could just live with the random Gold Glove awards for the years where there were no AA or AL. The funny thing is, the empty league doesn't give awards for ROY, CY or MVP.

Maybe I should just submit this as a bug.
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

I prefer to keep the NA, NL, and AA as separate leagues. Then in 1901 move the teams to MLB that is NL and AL. This keeps your pre-1900 players on separate leaderboards from post 1900 players. The history still remains when you delete the league.

I don't think 13 has a problem with adding a subleague like previous versions did. If you want to have a draft say for the AL you could create a league for them let them do the draft then move the teams over to your league.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggio509 View Post
I prefer to keep the NA, NL, and AA as separate leagues. Then in 1901 move the teams to MLB that is NL and AL. This keeps your pre-1900 players on separate leaderboards from post 1900 players. The history still remains when you delete the league.

I don't think 13 has a problem with adding a subleague like previous versions did. If you want to have a draft say for the AL you could create a league for them let them do the draft then move the teams over to your league.
This is the method I'd probably end up using, my only concern is HOF-type players who played from say 1890-1910, that half of their wins or hits or whatever wouldn't show up on their stats in the Hall of Fame page.

Also, if you keep the historical team IDs for the National League teams, when you transfer them to the the new MLB league in 1901, do their active years show up on the history page, or are all teams listed as beginning in 1901 like the AL teams?
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

The team history page keeps all years. The League history page only keeps 1901 onward records. The name changes are lost as well. Although the team history page will show the correct abbreviation for each year. It is weird for instance the Atlanta Braves show up on the NA history, as still active, the NL history as still active, and the 1901+ MLB page as active. However, you get win totals for that league on each history page. If you look at the Atlanta Braves team history page you will see the record from 1871 onward.

Also the name changes get lost on the previous league history page. So Boston Red caps will only show up as Boston Red Caps, or whatever the current name is on the NA page. The Boston Red Stockings moniker disappears. Same with 1901 NL and NA will then reflect Beaneaters and previous names disappear. Only name changes after 1901 show up in the 1901+ history.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote