Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #41
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM
Hmm, afraid I can't be of much help prior to 1901. I've never played an historical league prior to 1901. You can check the Lahman DB though to find out what the abbreviations were for each year. That would be a good place to start anyway. If that doesn't solve your problem post back here and we'll see if we can't figure it out.

Just out of curiousity, did you start with a fictional league for the first season and then start trying to import from the DB?
Bruce,

Yes, I did start a fictional 1870 league. I am begining to suspect that I may have been a bit confused by some of the different debut dates for players that vary between databases. I think Lahman starts 1876 and the Garlon starts 1871. Between that and trying to get a handle on the game, I can't be sure what I'm doing sometimes.

Thanks for trying to help, though.

JP
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #42
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP
Bruce,

Yes, I did start a fictional 1870 league. I am begining to suspect that I may have been a bit confused by some of the different debut dates for players that vary between databases. I think Lahman starts 1876 and the Garlon starts 1871. Between that and trying to get a handle on the game, I can't be sure what I'm doing sometimes.

Thanks for trying to help, though.

JP
Even if you start with a fictional league, you should still be able to import from the DB in ensuing years. Just make sure the Team ID's are correct and the players should go to the correct teams.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #43
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Question, what happens if you forget to change a teams ID till a couple seasons after?

I forgot to get rid of the Senators and then in 1978 I made them the Mariners just to try and fix things, but SEA doesn't appear to be getting their rookies for the next two seasons.
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #44
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

I thought without the ID, the rookies would be imported into the FA pool. At least thats how it worked in the old version.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #45
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242
I thought without the ID, the rookies would be imported into the FA pool. At least thats how it worked in the old version.
Yeah that's what happens but isn't there a way to fix that, or are you just screwed after you do it wrong?
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #46
captaincarl
Hall Of Famer

For those who have done a historical sim starting in 1901:

Did anyone perform some of the player movement that came about when the owner of the Giants "purchased" the Orioles? For example, did you move McGraw from Orioles to Giants and the others as well? Also were you able to in the first place? From what I've read, the players moved sometime in July of 1902. Also, if you did do the moves were the results the same as it was in 1902 when the Orioles collapsed and dropped to the bottom of the AL standings?

Did you also make the changes that were made in the American League that were a result of the court order in Pennsylvania in regards to the players that used to be in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh? By this I mean did you move Lajoie from the Athletics to Cleveland as well as the other players that were involved?

brucem,

Your chronology timeline is very good. The name of the stadium that the Tigers moved to was first named Navin Field and then later renamed Briggs Stadium and then Tiger Stadium. Navin Field did not have the overhang in right until much later on when renovations were made.

Last edited by captaincarl; 08-19-2006 at 07:08 PM.
captaincarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #47
Scoop57
Bat Boy

Same Problem with import

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffaz12
Did you get any postion players? All I got were pitchers as position players. As for instance Lance Berkman did not appear. Could this be a bug in the mac version.
Did you ever get a satisfactory answer on this? I've done the import three times, and just like you, I get 18 pitchers, no position players, and all of the 18 pitchers are listed as position players.... I am also running the Mac version... but this is a csv file... can't imagine there would be a problem with the platform
Scoop57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #48
Scoop57
Bat Boy

Wink Might Have An Answer for Frustrated Mac users....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop57
Did you ever get a satisfactory answer on this? I've done the import three times, and just like you, I get 18 pitchers, no position players, and all of the 18 pitchers are listed as position players.... I am also running the Mac version... but this is a csv file... can't imagine there would be a problem with the platform

Reading another thread under the Historical Simulations Topic, I found this...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=121313

Which is the Arod23Garlon2006 database, version 2.1

I'm running a 2005 league, and so far, everything is there and in the right order.

Much more enjoyable!

hope this helps

Scoop57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:12 AM   #49
psrhoades
Bat Boy

Here's a headscratcher - is it possible?

I'd like to create a league using top players from the past 27 or so years. Is there a way to select which historical players are included in a league, and is is possible to use career data rather than a specific year? My goal is to create a league using the top players from each position since 1979, and would only use retired players, then add new players each year as they retire. I was going to pull out the old Status Pro Baseball board game and use the Lahman stats to make cards of the players I want to use, but if I could sim my league in OOTP, that's be that much better. Any ideas from the OOTP studs?
psrhoades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #50
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
'd like to create a league using top players from the past 27 or so years. Is there a way to select which historical players are included in a league, and is is possible to use career data rather than a specific year?

There are a couple of Career Average databases out there. I think, you could just edit the master.txt file to set the starting year for each player to the year you wanted them to come in to the league. You'd also have to edit their batters.txt & pitchers.txt files to match their starting years.

I don't know if the players age has any effect on their performance - but i think it does - so you'd have to edit their birth date too, since a 50 year old former all star, would be better off on the golf course. One of the members here who know abit more then me should be able to tell you exactly.

Last edited by plannine; 11-26-2006 at 03:14 PM.
plannine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #51
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincarl View Post
For those who have done a historical sim starting in 1901:

Did anyone perform some of the player movement that came about when the owner of the Giants "purchased" the Orioles? For example, did you move McGraw from Orioles to Giants and the others as well? Also were you able to in the first place?
Since for me each all players enter a draft......I've always tried not to worry about where the teams started from. Pre-1901 leagues for me have always had 10 to 12 teams usually teams as they would be in the mid-50's. Then I dont have to worry about screwing something up, that may not mean much. I have even split them as eastern league and western league, (without a team being west of Kansas City), rather then AL & NL.

Last edited by plannine; 11-26-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #52
daniel_martin
Minors (Double A)

Help Please!!

All Right ... here we go... I Love OOTP Baseball 2006 .. I just picked it up a couple of days and am immensly hooked on it... however I am stumped... I want to use a modified database to get the current rosters , set up league, instead downloading a roster set, and overwriting a saved game... anyway I folled the guidline above on how to create league... but, It might just be me missing something or being stupid, but I can't get the minor leagues, AAA, AA, etc. In BruceM's mini guide when it comes to these steps come the problem..

9. Click on "Confirm"

10. On the next screen choose the year you wish to start at and other options

11. Click "Import League"

12. You will then be brought to the Game Setup screen. Here you can name your league and set a bunch of other options. Once you're happy with all your settings, click "Start Game"

13. Add your GM as requested

14. You should now be ready to start playing

15. To have the game load real rookies from the DB each season, under Game Setup, ensure the "Automatically Import Historical Rookies" box is checked and ensure the path is correct (see image)

the screenshot afterwards shows "Global Setup" & "League Setup" and it shows "Major League Baseball" and "Triple A (AAA)" when I do all this i don't seee this anywhere???

All i see is two tabs saying Create Game and Game Options
underneath is Enter Game name and Enter Starting Year
and then there is a list
Select standard Leagues

Underneath all that is
All included leagues (click to edit)
Major League 2006 (i'm asumming this is the league I imported??

I've downloaded the Lahman 5.4 DB, is while BruceM uses 5.3.. any difference??

Help I'm going mad, and feel like an idiot!!!!

All or any help is greatly appreciated!!
daniel_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:07 PM   #53
plannine
All Star Reserve

Are you using OOTP2006 or 2007? That makes a big difference....those instructions i believe are for 2007.

Just push the create league button. Then go back to league set up and edit to your tastes.

Are you looking for the Minors being set up?
Lahman and most of the DB's only contain Major League stats,players....
You have to create your minor league structure in game setup afterwards.
You'll have to find a roster set/quick start to get minors.

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.....

Last edited by plannine; 06-26-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #54
daniel_martin
Minors (Double A)

I'm using OOTP 2006...
so the Lahman DB and etc.. only have MLB players and stats.. yes?!
so then how do i get minors set up??

OKay if those instructions were for OOTP 2007 then that would solve one problem...

Okay basically all i want to do is be able to create a new game with the most up to date rosters MLB, AAA, AA etc....

I've tried DL'ing some rosters and lg and some databases but, i don't know if it's just me, but they don't work, i can't figure it all out,

plannine thanks for the reply

Last edited by daniel_martin; 06-26-2007 at 12:25 PM.
daniel_martin is offline   Reply With Quote