Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:45 PM   #1061
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I have an idle question for you guys... what strategy do you use when upgrading your team? Do you decide you're unhappy with a specific position and try to upgrade that? Do you troll the AH and buy upgrades when you see them? Do you save up for a moderate (big) purchase? Do you make intermediate purchases along the way (upgrade the 74 to an 82 and then to a 91) or do you just go for the big gun (upgrade the 74 to a 91).

Do you hoard your PP or make smaller purchases as you go?

Just curious.... I'm not really happy with where Annandale is right now but PP aren't coming in terribly fast so I'm trying to figure out what to do with them!

I am reaching the point that I inevitably come to with my teams. I can't talk myself into removing one of my players because my teams are built with nostalgia as the biggest consideration. They're all players that I liked from seeing them play or reading about them or their teams. I struggled with replacing John "Blue Moon" Odom who was getting shellacked. My Ismael Valdes has a lifetime 35-72 record, but still I send him out there every fifth day, waiting for the turn around. In 19, I eventually started pulling packs, figuring I'd let pack luck drive my decisions. Haven't reached that point yet, but I fear it may be on the way.

Thanks for the standings posts.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:09 PM   #1062
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I am reaching the point that I inevitably come to with my teams. I can't talk myself into removing one of my players because my teams are built with nostalgia as the biggest consideration. They're all players that I liked from seeing them play or reading about them or their teams. I struggled with replacing John "Blue Moon" Odom who was getting shellacked. My Ismael Valdes has a lifetime 35-72 record, but still I send him out there every fifth day, waiting for the turn around. In 19, I eventually started pulling packs, figuring I'd let pack luck drive my decisions. Haven't reached that point yet, but I fear it may be on the way.

Thanks for the standings posts.

yea, I started out that way....the 71 A's were fun with Blue Moon and the fantastic Vida Blue but in this game ratings are everything to me. If all things are equal I'll go with the guy I watched way back in the day.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:14 PM   #1063
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Gutter Cats are playing pretty well...72-53

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:18 PM   #1064
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

On a staycation this weekend and away from my computer until Sunday. I think if I had brought it my gf would kill me. Sigh.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:40 AM   #1065
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
On a staycation this weekend and away from my computer until Sunday. I think if I had brought it my gf would kill me. Sigh.

Oh my!

That brought back a memory from about 35 years ago, when I played in ESSOM, a play-by-mail Strat-O-Matic league. We were on vacation and I got up early to play a series that was coming due with dice and cards. As I recall, my wife looked at me pulling the stuff out of a suitcase, rolled her eyes, and went back to sleep. We're still married.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:55 AM   #1066
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Harlem Chops into Sanguine Lead in S278

The Classics had their first .500 month, going 7-7, and can now see challengers looming in their rear view mirror. Harlem went 6-1, Wheatland turned on the after burners at 8-2, Palolo growled, going 6-3, and Blufftown lived up to their nickname after stumbling in July, flying back with an 11-5 August. Pennant watchers have circled the dates Sept 14th-to-17th on their calendars. On the 14th, Sanguine begins a four-game home stand with Terra Incognita. A day later, Harlem begins their final Our League series, a 3-game home series against S278 doormat, the Port Ruppert Mundys. When those series finish, the Classics task will be clear. See the next post for my attempt at capturing the possibilities.

The standings:
Attached Images
Old 05-11-2019, 06:58 AM   #1067
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

With 73 games Left in Our League, an Attempt to Clarify

Usually, going into the last month I post up a short blurb about the Our League pennant possibilities. I can usually wrap it up in a couple of sentences, but with so many games left, it's more than I can wrap my head around. In an attempt to provide some indication of what is possible I offer the list below, in current standings order.

After the team name: Win Pct. if they win out. After the "/" is their Win Pct. if they go .500 (or one game above if their remainder is odd), then their games remaining.

Sanguine - .671/.605, 7 H, 3 A
Harlem - .634/.610, 3 H
Palolo - .635/.558, 6 H, 3 A
Wheatland - .651/.541, 7 H, 9 A
Salem - .587/.520, 7 H, 3 A
Terra Incognita - .603/.526, 5 H, 8 A
Bluffton - .625/.514, 6 H, 10 A
Waffletown - .633/.510, 9 H, 3 A
Annandale - .569/.458, 4 H, 12 A
Shasta - .524/.444, 3 H, 7 A
Asylum - .531/.438, 6 H, 6 A
Port Ruppert - .494/.367, 10 H, 9 A

For the top four:

Harlem possible Win Pct. winning 3/2/1/0 games is:

.634/.610/.585/.561

Sanguine winning 10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2:

.671/.657/.645/.632/.618/.604/.592/.579/.565

Palolo winning 9/8/7/6/5

.635/.615/.596/.577/.557

Wheatland winning 16/15/14/13/12/11

.651/.634/.619/.603/.587/.571

What it all means - only three teams have been eliminated and, from Sept 15th-to-17th, there will be eight teams joining the Rabid Rupe-it Rootas fan club. Sorry if it's hard to read, but I didn't realize that you couldn't put tab spaces into posts until I was finished typing all this.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-11-2019 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:20 AM   #1068
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Reporting in from I220!

Code:
Our League Standings - I220 - 2025			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Mudville Muffins	24	16	.600
Motown Stars		16	15	.516
Arkham Horrors		17	16	.515
Stephensville Bears	16	18	.471
Gotham Knights		 9	14	.391
Fancher Creek Pirates*	 2	 5	.286

* ineligible due to insufficient OL games
Remaining games:

Arkham @ Motown 4x
Arkham @ Stephensville 3x
Motown @ Gotham 3x
Mudville @ Motown 3x

My back of the envelope calculations say if Mudville takes 2 from Motown they've clinched it. If Mudville wins 1 or 0 in that series, then Motown or Arkham can win if they pretty much sweep their schedule above.

So I'd say there's a >90% chance Mudville has clinched the crown. The series with Motown is Sep 8-10 so the answer will be known by mid-afternoon.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:47 AM   #1069
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Cooper Title Bound in Our League B257?

The Gutter Cats ripped off an 11-5 month while Philadelphia collapsed to 2-8, which would seem to have earned Cooper, a charter member of Our League in PT 2.0, its first crown. I'm not entirely sure of the remaining schedule, but there would seem to be little hope of anyone catching the Cats. I will save the official coronation to avoid myself the embarrassment of a "Dewey Beats Truman" headline.

The standings:
Attached Images
Old 05-11-2019, 07:57 AM   #1070
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

A Reminder

I have no results for G334, so no standings are posted. I will also need any team vs. team results for Our League members in D358. After the regular season is fine for those. Any PT playoff games will also be counted for lifetime records. Since OOTP has still not posted last week's playoff results, I guess the first all-time standings are still on hold. You can send me any Our League stuff at kidheckett@gmail.com. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #1071
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have no results for G334, so no standings are posted. I will also need any team vs. team results for Our League members in D358. After the regular season is fine for those. Any PT playoff games will also be counted for lifetime records. Since OOTP has still not posted last week's playoff results, I guess the first all-time standings are still on hold. You can send me any Our League stuff at kidheckett@gmail.com. Thanks.
season 6 was just added to the playoff results thread
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #1072
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
season 6 was just added to the playoff results thread

I know, I checked after the last post. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get them up until later tonight. Given the staggered begin dates for teams in Our League, I'll segment the standings by number of games played, perhaps. Not sure yet, until I get time to dig into them. At first glance, I think three divisions will work. Sorry, but real life is calling. More later.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #1073
Charlatan
All Star Starter

More back of the envelope calculations for I220 - Arkham took 3 of 4 from Motown. At this point the only way Arkham can win is if they sweep their 3-game series at Stephensville while at the same time Mudville has to lose all 3 games of their series at Motown.

Mudville's magic number is 1!

Arkham's series with Stephensville is next on the schedule, so more info will be known very soon.

Arkham wins G1 vs Stephensville
Stephensville wins G2 as Bill Doran hit a 2-run homer in the bottom of the 11th for a 6-4 Bears victory. Arkham is eliminated and Mudville wins the crown!

Last edited by Charlatan; 05-11-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:15 PM   #1074
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Need Advice

Started working on the all time standings, and have come to the realization that pencil and paper aren't going to cut it. I'm at practice, but my band mate gave me a solution to my questions about a spreadsheet, so I deleted it.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-11-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:30 PM   #1075
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Started working on the all time standings, and have come to the realization that pencil and paper aren't going to cut it. Anyone know of a free or cheap spreadsheet program they can recommend? I would prefer one that has at least a little formatting capability for printing, i.e. the ability to eliminate the lines on tables. It would only be for standings, so I'm not much worried about importing or heavy duty calculating. I don't mind typing in the numbers. Thanks.

could always stick it on the excel spreadsheet I shared with the friends list.... I could modify it to work something like the attached image below (something I have on my 'waffletown' spreadsheet for tracking lifetime team-v-team win/loss records, where the overall w/l just adds up the yearly columns to the right)

edit: I'll work on updating the shared sheet with the yearly / total records....
Attached Images

Last edited by stl jason; 05-11-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #1076
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I finally earned some more PP and picked up some pitching:

Shasta Black Bears: Don Drysdale

Ozark Bobcats: Mike Mussina

Too late to help this season, but maybe next season!!
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #1077
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Started working on the all time standings, and have come to the realization that pencil and paper aren't going to cut it. I'm at practice, but my band mate gave me a solution to my questions about a spreadsheet, so I deleted it.

did a quick run through the thread and stuck in the final standing records for everyone; so if you want to go with this one, feel free.... some of my numbers might be off if there were any post-season matchups that weren't included in the regular season final standings post...

this sheet will have the user name, team name, level, total wins, total losses, total pct (first 7 columns are frozen, so as you tab/scroll to the right, they will remain fixed while the yearly total columns will move):

Our League friends list
Old 05-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #1078
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

and for a quick stretch run update for the Silver league:

-Palolo makes it look easy in securing the NC central division already to punch their post season ticket.

-Harlem is only 1 game away from locking up the AC East division

-Terra Incognita's magic number down to 8 in the AC West

-for wild card spots, Salem holds the top spot in the AC wild card race, with Sanguine making a push to nab spot number two. In the NC, Waffletown currently holds the second WC spot with a slim 2 game lead over the closest challenger.
Attached Images
Old 05-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #1079
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
and for a quick stretch run update for the Silver league:

-Palolo makes it look easy in securing the NC central division already to punch their post season ticket.

-Harlem is only 1 game away from locking up the AC East division

-Terra Incognita's magic number down to 8 in the AC West

-for wild card spots, Salem holds the top spot in the AC wild card race, with Sanguine making a push to nab spot number two. In the NC, Waffletown currently holds the second WC spot with a slim 2 game lead over the closest challenger.

Holy cow. Alomar mvp?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #1080
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Holy cow. Alomar mvp?
be hard to argue against it.... he's having a heck of a season....

looking at my remaining 9 games.... might be a tough road to try and hold onto that 2nd WC spot... only a 1 game lead now and the teams I'll face have a combined winning pct of .573 but anything can happen....