Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:56 AM   #981
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
No, I just did that - I was waiting for instructions what to do to get in

I added you and stl_james ... do I have to add guys from a certain list as well?
yup. there is a friends list that we post.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:58 AM   #982
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Palolo Puppies are 1-5 vs. Salem, and 14-5 vs. everyone else. Sigh.

Old 05-07-2019, 01:03 AM   #983
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Ewa Beach takes the first of a three game series with Green Lake.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:05 AM   #984
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Salem Bewitches Puppies to Lead Our League S278

I believe we were warned in an earlier thread not to stare into the eyes of the lady on the broom. Palolo did not heed that advice and the Witches cast a 5-of-6 spell to take the early Our League lead. We had a power outage this morning, so I don't have time to make a new table for B257.

The Cooper Gutter Cats lead at 6-3, followed by Philadelphia, 4-2, Ozark, 2-3, Asheboro, 1-2, Daytona Beach, 1-4. The New York Patriot have yet to begin their shortened schedule.

No I220 or G334 yet.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:20 AM   #985
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
No, I just did that - I was waiting for instructions what to do to get in

I added you and stl_james ... do I have to add guys from a certain list as well?
correct (well, it's stl_jason, not james , and you'll want my secondary account connected to the Syrups as my Owls team isn't 2019 live card-free, but correct on adding from a certain list)... think I have everyone showing in the correct level this season (if not, someone correct me if I'm missing someone or have someone in the wrong level)... there's 32 names, so you'll have to leave at minimum one off your list:
Attached Images

Last edited by stl jason; 05-07-2019 at 06:22 AM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:40 AM   #986
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I believe we were warned in an earlier thread not to stare into the eyes of the lady on the broom. Palolo did not heed that advice and the Witches cast a 5-of-6 spell to take the early Our League lead. We had a power outage this morning, so I don't have time to make a new table for B257.

The Cooper Gutter Cats lead at 6-3, followed by Philadelphia, 4-2, Ozark, 2-3, Asheboro, 1-2, Daytona Beach, 1-4. The New York Patriot have yet to begin their shortened schedule.

No I220 or G334 yet.

did my game miss a couple sims that you see as completed (if so, I guess i should put my bets on the other team )? My schedule appears to have stopped with 2 games remaining in April (against Bluffton); so I'm showing my boys at 2-3 against our league teams so far....
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-07-2019, 07:20 AM   #987
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I220 Standings

Here's the standings for I220. I made a little spreadsheet thing to do the sums but I do have to enter the team vs team records by hand, so if it's wrong, let me know!

Note: At this last minute this morning I added the Salem Witches to the spreadsheet but as it turns out this is not the "real" Salem Witches so I will remove them in following updates.
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 05-07-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #988
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Can someone post a list of managers so we can cut and paste?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #989
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

I could say we need more teams in Diamond, but I already have had two teams knocked down to Gold, and the Parakeets may soon be joining them.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #990
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
correct (well, it's stl_jason, not james , and you'll want my secondary account connected to the Syrups as my Owls team isn't 2019 live card-free, but correct on adding from a certain list)... think I have everyone showing in the correct level this season (if not, someone correct me if I'm missing someone or have someone in the wrong level)... there's 32 names, so you'll have to leave at minimum one off your list:
I added them all except for the diamond guys, but you spelled the final name wrong ... not timmcaniel, but timmcdaniel
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #991
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
correct (well, it's stl_jason, not james , )
Sorry, that's when you write from your memory without double-checking

I hope you'll forgive me
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:08 PM   #992
fromtheshadows
Bat Boy

I'd love to join!

I like the sound of this, add fromtheshadows. How does it make sure we're in the same league?

Last edited by fromtheshadows; 05-07-2019 at 03:10 PM.
fromtheshadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:14 PM   #993
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtheshadows View Post
I like the sound of this, add fromtheshadows. How does it make sure we're in the same league?
No live or legend cards and ftp?

Old 05-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #994
allenciox
All Star Reserve

I think we should also, since Player of the Month cards are now available, exclude those as well from "Our League" teams, since they are not "historical" cards, and are really an anomaly anyway. What do others think?

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #995
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Will Try Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Can someone post a list of managers so we can cut and paste?
I am posting a short test copy of the list as a txt file to see if it's possible to copy from the thread and still copy and paste them into the PT Universe screen. I tested it from my desktop and it works, but for some reason you can right-click, you need to use ctrl v. Should have the answer in five minutes. If it works, I'll type up the rest and post.
Attached Files
File Type: txt friendscut&paste.txt (129 Bytes, 29 views)
Old 05-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #996
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

It worked!

I'll finish adding in the names and post it as fast as my fingers can type.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #997
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Copy and Paste Friends List for Our League

This attachment will work. The city names are included for reference. All you need to do is copy the user name and paste it into the search user box (also below) on the PT Universe screen, managers section. Hit apply filters and the team will show up. Click "add to friends" on the right and you're good to go. There are 32 name so you will have to leave off one of the teams that you won't be facing anytime soon and you'll be done. Remember, I had to use Ctrl V to get it to paste. Didn't seem to take a right click. Above all, you must hit "submit team" to get it in. If for some reason it doesn't immediately show up, exit the game, remembering to submit team before doing so, and then start it up again. It will be there. Did I mention click "submit team?"
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: txt friendscut&paste.txt (752 Bytes, 30 views)
Old 05-07-2019, 05:26 PM   #998
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtheshadows View Post

You are welcome to join. To comply with the set up, your team cannot use any Live or Future Legend players on your active roster and must have been and will always be free to play. If this applies to you see the previous thread and use it to build your friends list in PT.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:05 PM   #999
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

If you still have room for one more I would like to join as well. Just discovered this thread today, ironically the same day I decided to sell of my few remaining 'live' players and focus entirely on a historical team.

My team was created the first day Perfect Team 20 opened and after a couple of average seasons I lucked out by drawing a 98 rated Jackie Robinson card in a pack. I debated a bit but finally decided to sell him and used the 80k in points I got to greatly improve my team.

That first season after the auction house spree I made the playoffs in gold and won my first- and only so far - playoff series. The result was a promotion to diamond where my team was just good enough to not get bumped back down to gold. Somehow I earned a wildcard berth in diamond last season after winning a one game tie-breaker, but I lost the wildcard game in 12 innings (Dave Stieb surrendered a 3-run homer and was subsequently dispatched to the auction house). I vowed never to own a Blue Jay player again, although my bias against the Jays started decades before Stieb’s gopher ball.

This season I realized I will never win in diamond with the team I have, and I would never earn enough points to substantially upgrade as I am strictly free play, so I decided to retool my team by going exclusively with historical players.

In solo play I always gravitate towards historical rather than modern day so I decided to do the same with my Perfect Team and focus on getting players I liked. I already had Mark Fidrych and Hank Greenberg and purchased my all-time favourite Tiger in Alan Trammell (had to settle for the 1987 version as the '84 was too rich for my blood).

I also had Bob Feller, Steve Carlton, Mel Ott and a few others I enjoy following in my solo historical sims so I decided I will build my team around them. I also renamed my team the CliffMarkle Roadrunners. Cliff Markle is in honour of the greatest pitcher in my very first OOTP historical dynasty (back in the days of OOTP2) and I used the Roadrunners because I liked the uniform and logo made TxRanger in his great graphics thread.

I may end up back in gold next season but so far my team is holding it's own so, with a little luck, I could remain a diamond level club. So that's a quick history of my club.

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 05-07-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:14 PM   #1000
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
This attachment will work. The city names are included for reference. All you need to do is copy the user name and paste it into the search user box (also below) on the PT Universe screen, managers section. Hit apply filters and the team will show up. Click "add to friends" on the right and you're good to go. There are 32 name so you will have to leave off one of the teams that you won't be facing anytime soon and you'll be done. Remember, I had to use Ctrl V to get it to paste. Didn't seem to take a right click. Above all, you must hit "submit team" to get it in. If for some reason it doesn't immediately show up, exit the game, remembering to submit team before doing so, and then start it up again. It will be there. Did I mention click "submit team?"

figured we can try this as well.... tossed the list out on my google drive and made it accessible to anyone with the link:

Our League friends list