Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2017, 04:08 PM   #481
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robedits View Post
Silvam and Adion...truly, we OOTP historical sim crazies salute you!
As does the fictional crowd!
Old 05-15-2017, 05:03 PM   #482
adion
All Star Starter

3d Backgrounds

I have been fooling around with 3D backgrounds and I think I can make them work. Here are a couple of examples. I think the depth of field is better and the edges are a lot sharper than when I use a 2D background and erase the sky. The problem is finding 3D backgrounds in Sketchup format. These are from 3D Warehouse and they have very few. If someone knows of place that has 3D backgrounds that are Sketchup compatibable let me know where I can work on this some more. I have been searching but haven't found much.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #483
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
I have been fooling around with 3D backgrounds and I think I can make them work. Here are a couple of examples. I think the depth of field is better and the edges are a lot sharper than when I use a 2D background and erase the sky. The problem is finding 3D backgrounds in Sketchup format. These are from 3D Warehouse and they have very few. If someone knows of place that has 3D backgrounds that are Sketchup compatibable let me know where I can work on this some more. I have been searching but haven't found much.
These are beautiful!
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #484
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Nice work... Are these available for download? If so, where?

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:40 PM   #485
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post

Nice work... Are these available for download? If so, where?
I haven't uploaded them as I was just messing around. Finding other 3D backgrounds is a challenge. I will go ahead a start a folder for parks with 3D backgrounds and add these two. One is League Park and the other, with the buildings, is Braves field and therefore the background is certainly not from that era.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #486
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Helper View Post
These are beautiful!
My goodness, are they ever!!

When you start your folder, should I assume the newest will be labeled with a recent date? I want to make sure I always have the latest and greatest from adion.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:22 PM   #487
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
My goodness, are they ever!!

When you start your folder, should I assume the newest will be labeled with a recent date? I want to make sure I always have the latest and greatest from adion.
They will probably be v2 or v3 depending on when I get some done and if Silvam has done any updates. In any case, it will be some time as those are the only 2 backgrounds that I have found in sketchup format and they take a lot of fooling around to get them sized/scaled and oriented correctly with the park model(s)..
Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #488
zappa1
All Star Starter

adion, just a thought here, but is it possible there might be a program that converts 2D to 3D? Could that work?
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:31 AM   #489
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
adion, just a thought here, but is it possible there might be a program that converts 2D to 3D? Could that work?
If there is a program like that, I have not found it..
Old 05-18-2017, 11:30 AM   #490
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
If there is a program like that, I have not found it..
It would be a big time saver for you. Just convert the ones you already have to 3D. If that was possible, you might even be able to make 3D skies.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #491
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
It would be a big time saver for you. Just convert the ones you already have to 3D. If that was possible, you might even be able to make 3D skies.

This is a stupid question because I haven't looked into this more, but how exactly is the 3d background different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #492
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
This is a stupid question because I haven't looked into this more, but how exactly is the 3d background different?

A stupid answer, because, well, I'm stupid. I think the primary notes were in adion's comment, "the depth of field is better and the edges are a lot sharper," but I'm assuming the ability to align sizes and relationships, e.g. buildings or trees that are distorted or look unusually tall, is more affordable in the model, rather than the flat, continuous landscape or cityscape.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #493
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

If it's truly 3D, you should be able to move your camera into and around and through the trees and buildings, just like you're able to move to different areas of the stadium itself. In other words, your camera won't bump into an impenetrable 2D wall.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #494
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post

Not so sure , either. He did mention what he sees. Now, we are looking at his examples and maybe if we saw them in a 3D layout, like from the game, then you might see it better. You are right in a sense that here, on these forums, you may not see it as it really looks. Hope I explained it some. At least that's what I get from this.

Basically, you might have to see it from within the game itself to get a better sensation of it. Just posting a pic here might not do it so well. It does seem to look kinda roundish, though. Like it's curved some.

Last edited by zappa1; 05-18-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:48 PM   #495
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
If it's truly 3D, you should be able to move your camera into and around and through the trees and buildings, just like you're able to move to different areas of the stadium itself. In other words, your camera won't bump into an impenetrable 2D wall.
You are correct, it is not really a 3D background. It is listed as that on 3D warehouse. I have not found any true 3D Backgrounds. The parks are not true 3D either. They are made up of 2D surfaces put together to give the appearance of 3D. If you go to league park, you the camera will bump into the the outfield wall. I think the only way to get a true 3D background is by using a lot of individual 3D textures, like trees, bushes, buildings, etc. add to an extended grass base that the park would be sitting on.

I just made a real 3D background by adding some trees and a two buildings. The background looks sparse and it took a lot of time to do just those few things. Like Silvam has said, a true 3D background significantly increases the file size. This one, with few things in the background went from 21 MB to over 100 MB. I think I will give up on this method.

Last edited by adion; 05-19-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #496
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Unrelated, the the ballpark from the first two pictures of post #482...what park is that? I'd love to download it; it looks pretty nice.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:36 PM   #497
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Unrelated, the the ballpark from the first two pictures of post #482...what park is that? I'd love to download it; it looks pretty nice.
That is the old Braves field. I haven't uploaded it as I am just testing and looking for comments.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:26 AM   #498
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
That is the old Braves field. I haven't uploaded it as I am just testing and looking for comments.
Looks good to me. I'm all for it.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:44 PM   #499
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Here is 19 and 4 fictionals modified based on requests, Fictional 10-Endgame, Fictional 10-Sears Hollow V1 & V2 and Fictional 18-Buffalo Soldiers Field.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/txr...with_3D_Crowds
Hey adion, any chance you could do a version of fictional 10 (same as the Sears Hollow) only with an Hawaiian type background? I have a new Maui expansion team and looking for something to work for them. Would be much appreciated.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:01 PM   #500
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
Hey adion, any chance you could do a version of fictional 10 (same as the Sears Hollow) only with an Hawaiian type background? I have a new Maui expansion team and looking for something to work for them. Would be much appreciated.
I will take a look at it but it would be helpful if you could send a wide angle photo you like.