Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

Disable options in contract offers

I would love a simple click button to disable all the contract options -- team, player & vesting -- that currently are available when negotiating contracts.

These get abused by online GMs as the AI doesn't take seem to take into account unreasonable vesting options (162 games played for a catcher; 750 plate appearances) which enable outlandish contract offers that will never happen. Combine a big, unreachable vesting option with huge offers post-vesting year and it screws up the whole FA process.

It would be nice to just not have options available.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

We already have the ability to disable opt-outs. This would just take the option of options further.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
We already have the ability to disable opt-outs. This would just take the option of options further.
Disabling opt-out was a super helpful.

Disabling options will help stop people abusing this part of the game logic.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #4
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Why not just make it a rule in your online league?

If there's people gaming the system to that extent, I wouldn't want to be in a league with them.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:51 AM   #5
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Why not just make it a rule in your online league?

If there's people gaming the system to that extent, I wouldn't want to be in a league with them.
I hate ticky-tacky super hard to enforce rules that are separate from normal game flow.

Do you want to scan every contract that is signed in a 24 team league to see if it violates the rule?

Tons of unnecessary make-work for something that could be solved with a simple checkbox.

And people ALWAYS game the system. The history of online leagues is trying to find any competitive advantage the game gives you. If there is a flaw in the game, people will find it and exploit. Its normal and expected.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Yes, but in the meantime, instead of waiting for a tick box that may or may not ever show up, make a house rule if it's that big an issue. And if people are being a-holes and persisting in doing that even after it's a house rule, well - like I said, I wouldn't want to be in a league with them. Kick them out.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 10-13-2016, 11:37 AM   #7
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

There's no meantime... It's fast sim with a season in 2 weeks so no high maintenance rules.

I can live with it. It's more a mild annoyance than anything.

But it should be something that's easy to turn off and on, which would be beneficial.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:05 AM   #8
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

agreed!

it's easy to just say make a house rule, but with guys playing in multiple leagues, it make things very confusing. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to disable team, player, and vesting options.

While we're at it, allow us to set maximum contracts, limit frontloading/backloading, and percentage of increase/decrease. We need plenty of contract options for different types of leagues

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:53 AM   #9
Subby
Major Leagues

Quote:
Why even bother posting this?
Content edited for not following the rules.

Last edited by TC Dale; 02-10-2022 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Content not following rules.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #10
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Subby;4121900]Why even bother posting this?

Sorry for the edit. You can repost here what you had originally.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by TC Dale; 02-10-2022 at 06:24 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #11
UKSubs
Minors (Triple A)

Seriously, you would think a program that prides itself on its ability to provide a customized baseball sim would allow you to disable or enable contract options and hope this is the kind of updates we will see in OOTP 18.

RANZBA Adelaide Crows
UKSubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:39 PM   #12
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Why even bother posting this?.
Looks like we found someone who likes to game the system...

SPTT team

Last edited by TC Dale; 02-10-2022 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #13
Subby
Major Leagues

Quote:
Looks like we found someone who likes to game the system...
Edited for content. Not allowed on main forums.

Anyway, it was a pretty simple request. Hopefully it can be considered at some point.

Last edited by TC Dale; 02-10-2022 at 06:20 PM. Reason: post not following content rules.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote Received Warning
Old 12-03-2016, 08:56 PM   #14
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Dude, I'm not the one who necroed a six-week old thread to personally attack a poster who I had no prior dealings with.

Which is painfully obvious by your mischaracterisation of the situation.

And regarding your sig file, if the RANZBA is full of charming personalities like yourself, then it's definitely not for me.

SPTT team

Old 12-04-2016, 12:01 AM   #15
maddmaxx
Bat Boy

Quote:
And regarding your sig file, if the RANZBA is full of charming personalities like yourself, then it's definitely not for me.

RANZBA is one of the best leagues I've been in, so you'd be missing out. The original request is pretty straightforward, and would be a lot of help. Saying make a "house rule" is a cop out, of course we can make a house rule, we would prefer an in game switch.

Last edited by maddmaxx; 12-04-2016 at 12:14 AM.
maddmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:10 AM   #16
sriley86
Bat Boy

A disable option should have been available in whatever versions of the game team, player & vesting options were implemented. Give the user and online leagues a chance keep their leagues running as is instead of forcing them to use new features without any control over them.
sriley86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:24 PM   #17
claphamsa
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yes, but in the meantime, instead of waiting for a tick box that may or may not ever show up, make a house rule if it's that big an issue. And if people are being a-holes and persisting in doing that even after it's a house rule, well - like I said, I wouldn't want to be in a league with them. Kick them out.
this right here is the #1 problem with OOTP, people make reasonable suggestions/requests and they shouted down by jerks on the forum. Why cant people on this board let people have opinions other than theirs? I wonder how many people jerks like you have caused to quit the game. I know I quit as a beta tester, and quit coming to this forum because of this crap.
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:52 PM   #18
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

So if you quit coming into this forum, then why did you come back to specifically reply to this thread?

Did you answer Subby's RANZBA Bat Signal to pile on to this thread?

Curiousier and curiouser...

PS: You misspelled "Sydney." And "Rabbitohs."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Sydney_Rabbitohs

SPTT team

Old 12-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #19
jeheinz72
Hall Of Famer

Fellow RANZBAns - don't feed the obvious troll.

To get back on point, there is no reason this check box can't be implemented. There is already one for Allowing/Disallowing Opt Outs, I can't fathom the coding doo-hickey to do a similar thing for various types of options being all that different.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #20
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Yep, you got it...no less than six of you came out of the woodwork to pile on a six-week-dead thread, some of you with ad hominem* attacks on me...but I'm the troll.

* ad hominem - Latin for "to the man." It means attacking someone personally, not arguing against what they have said.

SPTT team