Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #61
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerno6 View Post
I know I am late to the conversation, but since I am playing a current 1972 Alternate Reality MLB, it would be cool if New York Mets owner Joan Whitney Payson could look closer to this

Instead of currently looking like this

Ask and you shall recieve. I labeled it wrong. You can change it to Payson vs Payton
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: fg Joan_Whiteney_Payton.fg (6.4 KB, 44 views)
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #62
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Once again, the fictional tail is trying to wag the OOTP dog to get a fantasy feature that would consume time and resources but that >0.1% of users would ever play. You guys never learn.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:50 PM   #63
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
My guess is if Markus thought it would be a financially viable option, that would increase sales. It would have already be implemented by now. Features like that aren't something that would be totally dismissed unless they didn't feel like it would have positive risk/reward ratio. And in my opinion, OOTP resources would be better spent elsewhere
You get it!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #64
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Once again, the fictional tail is trying to wag the OOTP dog to get a fantasy feature that would consume time and resources but that >0.1% of users would ever play. You guys never learn.
This isn't reality. It's all fictional. And just because somebody else likes something you don't doesn't mean they're wrong. We heard you. Stop being a bully or you're going to end up as a switch-hitting drag queen in every fantasy league.
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #65
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammercraft View Post
I'm not sure why we have the ability to make a fictional collegiate-level baseball league in Cyprus, it is clearly something that only a tiny, tiny fraction of people would ever be interested in.

The very best thing about this game is something that has nothing to do with baseball at all. It harnesses the imagination, and reinforces the creative spirit. It does this within the contextual framework of baseball, but there are very few ways the game tells us "no". The rest of the world already does that to us, let's keep our options open here.
While I don't advocate the addition, or even entertaining it, that doesn't take away from the fact you've delivered a very insightful commentary.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:16 PM   #66
prisonerno6
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Ask and you shall recieve. I labeled it wrong. You can change it to Payson vs Payton
Thank-you!!
prisonerno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:18 PM   #67
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

I'm just recalling the days we had in-game wives and ignoring the actual thread.
Shame, shame on you

NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #68
prisonerno6
Major Leagues

Joan looks much better now.

Attachment 445180

Last edited by prisonerno6; 03-02-2018 at 07:16 PM.
prisonerno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:42 PM   #69
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBeachBum View Post
I'm just recalling the days we had in-game wives and ignoring the actual thread.
Still the only way I will ever be married.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:48 PM   #70
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBeachBum View Post
I had forgotten about that. I wonder if I should tell my wife that she isn't my first wife and I'm not certain I'm actually divorced?
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:09 PM   #71
Ravi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
Completely and utterly untrue.

You mean not one has ever played in an MLB game, but considering that you can use this game to play in many different settings than MLB (I am playing a Can-Am game just now), there are many 'actual official' games that are not MLB.

There has been a professional 'girls' baseball league, or did you forget?

I would love to see this in the game... but I admit it falls behind incorporating the Negro Leagues and the WBC on a priority list for me.
Actually, incorporating the Negro Leagues would require an accommodation for female players since there were a few notable women who played in the Negro leagues. Toni Stone replaced Hank Aaron when he left the Clowns for the Braves and there were a few more. So if we get Negro League rosters in the game then we get women also

Last edited by Ravi; 03-30-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:29 PM   #72
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
Actually, incorporating the Negro Leagues would require an accommodation for female players since there were a few notable women who played in the Negro leagues. Toni Stone replaced Hank Aaron when he left the Clowns for the Braves and there were a few more. So if we get Negro League rosters in the game then we get women also
Just name her Tony Stone and there you go

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:47 PM   #73
Ravi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Just name her Tony Stone and there you go
Yes, that is one solution... a bit more complicated though with Mamie "Peanut" Johnson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamie_Johnson
Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:31 PM   #74
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
Yes, that is one solution... a bit more complicated though with Mamie "Peanut" Johnson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamie_Johnson
Papi "PeaNUTS" Johnson

Old 03-30-2016, 11:26 PM   #75
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

This is the second thread where I have been accused of "bullying" for pointing out facts and the nature of reality. Let me be clear: this is a selfish and stupid idea that would be a waste of time and resources. Once again the fantasy tail is trying to wag the OOTP dog. Modern/historical outnumbers all of you three to one, remember? How about suggesting game improvements that all users can benefit from instead of just the weirdest <1%?

Old 03-31-2016, 12:08 AM   #76
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
This is the second thread where I have been accused of "bullying" for pointing out facts and the nature of reality. Let me be clear: this is a selfish and stupid idea that would be a waste of time and resources. Once again the fantasy tail is trying to wag the OOTP dog. Modern/historical outnumbers all of you three to one, remember? How about suggesting game improvements that all users can benefit from instead of just the weirdest <1%?
You need to get a grip. This is all fantasy. It's all a little weird and imaginary, and that's healthy and fine. If what you are saying is that there are things that you think are a higher priority, then you might be right. But you're saying that people are "selfish and stupid" and their opinions are "the weirdest." ... That's wrong, and it's doing your opinions more harm than good in discussions. Please stop.

I'm going to keep buying this game until they get tired of publishing it, and I'm going to make random baseball universes that have nothing to do with reality, and it won't be any more or less strange than you thinking you have a realistic universe that has a realistic Derek Jeter hitting 3000 realistic hits in a realistic Yankee Stadium.

It's all bytes and pixels and we add our own touches and flavor into it. Most of the time the things that people ask for or wonder about are reasonable. Sometimes they're strange. Sometimes they're downright crazy, like adding tens of thousands of historical minor league players...

But live and let live dude. There are already more features in this game than most people will ever use, let it go.
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:18 AM   #77
OakDragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
You know that there's a setting in Team Settings that you can check to prevent facial hair for that team. That would be the easiest way to prevent facial hair.
There's also a female facegen setting buried in the app.config file. It doesn't look as good as The Game's examples, but it looks pretty good, nonetheless. It doesn't change any other aspect of the game, though, just the facegens (and it prevents facial hair from appearing).

Last edited by OakDragon; 03-31-2016 at 12:23 AM.
OakDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:36 AM   #78
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

FOX is filming a pilot at Petco right now called "Pitch" about the first female player in MLB. She's a pitcher for the Padres.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:08 AM   #79
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
FOX is filming a pilot at Petco right now called "Pitch" about the first female player in MLB. She's a pitcher for the Padres.
Lies, picture or it never happened

Old 03-31-2016, 02:08 AM   #80
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Lies, picture or it never happened
Dan Fogelman Baseball Drama ?Pitch? Gets Fox Pilot Order, Kylie Bunbury To Star | Deadline

‘Pitch’: Dan Lauria Joins Fox Baseball Pilot

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report

Last edited by Izz; 03-31-2016 at 02:09 AM.
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote