Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Fantasy Draft Problem

Anyone else have a problem with the number of rounds?

When I select to have the fantasy draft, everything looks good, all players are released, draft page shows correct number of rounds, draft pool has enough players, but the draft only ever goes 10 rounds.

Then there's over 3000 FA's.

This is a fictional league, 2 sub-leagues, 24 teams total. I've gone through all the settings in league setup numerous times to try and find out what's causing it to only do 10 rnds.

Wanted to check and see if it's only me, or others have experienced this problem as well.

Tks
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Was going to ask if you were in the preseason when you released all the players and scheduled inaugural draft, but the more I think about I don't think the option is even available otherwise. This has me stumped. '

By draft page, you do mean the page showing the draft order?

Okay, I will ask this, did you select the option for release all players and schedule inaugural draft or did you simply release all players? I'm wondering if that could be the problem.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Was going to ask if you were in the preseason when you released all the players and scheduled inaugural draft, but the more I think about I don't think the option is even available otherwise. This has me stumped. '

By draft page, you do mean the page showing the draft order?

Okay, I will ask this, did you select the option for release all players and schedule inaugural draft or did you simply release all players? I'm wondering if that could be the problem.
I used the correct option, Fantasy Draft - game automatically releases the players. There are 3000+ players in the draft pool.

Yes, pre-season because, as you mentioned, that is the only time you can do a fantasy draft.

No customized files in my league either, just the usual logos, unis, etc.

I'm stumped, because I'm very in tune with the league setup area of OOTP and all the different settings. Just can't figure out why it only does 10 rnds.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

This is very strange indeed. You didn't mistakenly set some extremely strict budgets did you that may be making more than 10 player too expensive? I've never seen the game do this.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
This is very strange indeed. You didn't mistakenly set some extremely strict budgets did you that may be making more than 10 player too expensive? I've never seen the game do this.
Team budgets should be fine, I've tried this with the league after creation before any history and also after 10 years of history. Teams have plenty of money because as soon as I start advancing after the draft they start signing FA's left. right, and centre.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:12 PM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Another stupid question. Is it following the draft order assigned on draft page, or by chance is it following the order of your last season played?
Old 01-22-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Do you have amateur drafts enabled? And do you have minor leagues? How many levels? Somehow I suspect that the game is running an amateur-style draft setup with limited rounds rather than an actual inaugural draft.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:23 PM   #8
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
Do you have amateur drafts enabled? And do you have minor leagues? How many levels? Somehow I suspect that the game is running an amateur-style draft setup with limited rounds rather than an actual inaugural draft.
Kind of what I was wondering as well. If prior seasons had a 10 round amateur draft, I'm wondering if the game somehow locked in on that?
Old 01-22-2015, 04:54 PM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

No crazy budgets.

Draft order is snake and followed correctly - at least til rnd 10 is done, have no idea after that.

The Ammy draft was always 20 rnds, 4 levels of minors. So the 10 rnds doesn't seem to be restricted by the fact the league had a 20 rnd Ammy draft.

I'm going to try doing this again with finances turned off and see if it goes all the way through. If it does, then I'll at least have narrowed it down somewhat.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Well, that didn't do anything to narrow it down. Disabled finances, still only doing 10 rnds for the fantasy draft.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #11
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Ok, think I found it. It's weird though. A little about the league first.

This fictional league is based in the USA. Only USA players to start. I accomplish that easy enough, and then allow a very limited number of established international FA's to enter the league each year.

Thus, because I'm controlling roster nationalities, I had the rule set to limit foreign player limits set to 10 per team, based on league nationality.

When I disabled the foreign player limit (set to "No Limit") the draft completes a full 135 rnds.

So if you have foreign player limits set, then try a fantasy draft, it seems to restrict it to 10 rnds.

The thing that bugs me about this is, when I tried the fantasy draft at league creation, despite the fact that all 3000+ players in the league were from USA, it still stopped after 10 rounds. So there were no foreign players in the draft pool. They were all from USA (I physically checked all 3000+)

Off to do some more experimenting with this now. I'm going to set the foreign player limit to 20, then try a fantasy draft again and see if it does only 20 rnds.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 01-23-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:09 PM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Yes, confirmed it is the foreign player limit which causes this.

I set the limit to 20 players, did a fantasy draft and it drafted 20 rnds.

Set it to 15, fantasy draft was only 15 rnds.

This shouldn't happen, even if you did have some foreign players in the pool, the teams should draft until all rounds are completed, or there are no National players left and their foreign player limit has been reached.

I will PT this for Markus.