Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 01-17-2015, 12:50 AM   #1
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Schedule Request: 16 Teams, 132 Games, Specific Requirements

I found a couple of 132-game schedules in this forum, but they are not exactly what I would like to achieve. Unfortunately, despite asking OOTP to create an unbalanced schedule for my league, it created a balanced schedule anyway, so a custom schedule is needed.

If someone would be nice enough to create this schedule and send me a PM when it's ready, I would greatly appreciate it.

If there is some free tool or program that I could use to do this, then I would be glad to do the work. But I would rather not manually modify existing schedules to try to achieve this.

I need a schedule that features:
  • 1 subleague
  • 2 divisions
  • 8 teams in each division
  • 16 teams total
  • 132 games
  • 12 games (6 home and 6 road) vs. each of 7 divisional teams
  • 6 games (3 home and 3 road) vs. each of 8 non-divisional teams
  • No All-Star game or any other mid-season break
  • Season begins on the first Tuesday after May 1
  • 1 day off for every 13th game day in the schedule, so teams play 3 series for a total of 12 games, then get a day off and start the next batch of 3 series
  • All games are day games scheduled at 1305

All 16 teams should be active and playing on all game days. This means that there should be 8 games scheduled for every game day on the schedule, and all 16 teams should have Mondays off at the same time.

If possible, I would love to have an Excel file as well, so I can potentially switch out teams to create alternating variations of this schedule for future seasons. But I suppose that I could do that by using 'find and replace' with the base LSDL/TXT file.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 01-17-2015 at 01:33 AM.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:47 AM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Also, could someone explain how I can possibly import and use this custom schedule if my league has already simmed to opening day? The game is trying to tell me that it can't import a schedule because it's not the off-season or pre-season. So it lets you edit the schedule but you can't import one?

I had no idea that OOTP does not allow you to import a schedule if you haven't played any games and want to import a schedule that begins on the current day and the same opening day.

If I'm now forced to play an incorrect schedule because OOTP didn't understand what an 'unbalanced' schedule means and thinks it's okay to still have everyone play the same number of games against every other team in the league, I'm going to be pissed.

I spent a ton of time getting to this point, and my only backup of the game from before opening day was before the inaugural draft took place and that I spent a ton of time getting player contracts set up properly. I had assumed that the schedule was correct and didn't double-check it before I simmed ahead to opening day.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 01-17-2015 at 01:53 AM.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
Also, could someone explain how I can possibly import and use this custom schedule if my league has already simmed to opening day? The game is trying to tell me that it can't import a schedule because it's not the off-season or pre-season. So it lets you edit the schedule but you can't import one?
Yeah, that's pretty much it. The only time you can import a new schedule is during the pre-season (I'm not sure if you can do it during the off-season). Once the season starts, you can only edit the schedule with the in-game editor.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote