Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 09-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #321
GDumaresq
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
What version do you use (please see the start-screen)?
Version 1.0 Build 3
So basically, as soon as i try to start the NHL playoffs, the game crashes.

Last edited by GDumaresq; 09-18-2013 at 02:18 PM.
GDumaresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #322
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDumaresq View Post
Version 1.0 Build 3
Would it be possible for you to send me the save game, that way I can check it out here?

I need just the *.dat files from your save_folder as zip file. One way to send them in would be to upload them to our support server:

How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software (use fhm instead of ootp).

Or send me the zip-file to: sebastian@ootpdevelopments.com

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #323
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

Why can't I send players back to junior? Is that a bug or is it the reality? As far as I know NHL teams can always sign players and then assign them to junior (as long as they're junior-eligible)
Irr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #324
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Goalies and Stars of the Game

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but goalies never factor into the stars of the game. Even if they earn a shutout.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #325
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDumaresq View Post
Version 1.0 Build 3
Make sure all teams have enough players. I started the 1972-73 Historical NHL/WHA and had to add players too many teams at the beginning of the regular season because the game crashed before playing one game.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #326
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irr11 View Post
Why can't I send players back to junior? Is that a bug or is it the reality? As far as I know NHL teams can always sign players and then assign them to junior (as long as they're junior-eligible)
In 1.0.3 ....

If you're in the players profile screen, there is no option to send them back to Junior (only the AHL/ECHL in error)

If you're in your overall roster screen, right click and the option to send back to Junior should be there ... however ... in my experience 1.0.3 is broken in this regard. If the players is contracted to anyone other than the Junior club the Junior club will not dress that player to play
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #327
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...66-post23.html

This ... how scouting doesn't seem to be working all that great

Play an entire season in the WHL, OHL or QMJHL ... get to the draft and most if not all the players are unscouted, despite having scouts in their areas.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #328
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
If you draft and sign a player from the CHL younger then 20 you should be able to send him back. Malte just tested it and it worked. Is this a modern game or some form of fictional?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #329
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
If you draft and sign a player from the CHL younger then 20 you should be able to send him back. Malte just tested it and it worked. Is this a modern game or some form of fictional?
Why didn't anyone answered my question here (while answering other's)?
kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #330
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelt View Post
I still have the problem and I'm asking for help!!! Here's the initial message:

What I did:
1. Uninstalled the game. Deleted "c:\fhm14" (was installed there). Searched for "%Documents%/Out of the park..." - didn't find.
2. Reinstalled into "d:\fhm2014". Didn't help. Same result.
3. Uninstalled again.
4. Installed into default folder "C:\program files\...etc..."
5. Didn't help. Same result.
6. Uninstalled again.
7. I tried two previous versions I had: "Version 0.9 BETA Build 26" and "Version 0.9 BETA Build 69". HISTORICAL MODE WORKED FINE ON BOTH!!!
8. I uninstalled the beta. Destroyed everything OOTP related on HDD (including "AppData/Roaming/OOTP.."). Cleared the registry of everything containing "franchise", "ootp", "out of the park".
9. I installed "Version 1.0 Build 3" again. The problem still exists. NOTHING happens when I click "new historical game" button.

Historical mode was the main reason for me to buy the game. I want some help from developers on this issue. Could it happen because I use Windows Vista Home?
It is impossible for me to say what is wrong here as I never saw that happen (and no beta tester/researcher and afaik no user ever had that happen). The only way to find out what happens here is to add some debug code to our next internal build and you run it for me.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #331
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It is impossible for me to say what is wrong here as I never saw that happen (and no beta tester/researcher and afaik no user ever had that happen). The only way to find out what happens here is to add some debug code to our next internal build and you run it for me.
I'll do it with pleasure. I really want to play historical mode.

I can also capture video if needed.

Thank you for your answer, Sebastian!

Last edited by kelt; 09-18-2013 at 07:28 PM.
kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #332
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelt View Post
I'll do it with pleasure. I really want to play historical mode.

I can also capture video if needed.

Thank you for your answer, Sebastian!
Great, we will do an internal build later this week, I will contact you once it is available.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #333
kohut
Minors (Single A)

I have v 1.03 and when I made a trade in the historic game for a 1st round draft choice, when the draft was upon us I didn't have the 1st round draft choice. I was using Winnipeg Jets.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:01 AM   #334
thepete
Minors (Double A)

I can't sign some my European prospects. I traded for the first overall pick, drafted a 10.5 potential d-man from Hungary (lol), and I can't sign him. His Hungarian team signs him for a thousand dollars every July 1 and I can't beat them to it.

Same has happened with some Russian players. Are they protected in some way?

Last edited by thepete; 09-19-2013 at 05:07 AM.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #335
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yes I should but I'm not. I signed an 18-year old 2013 draftee before Aug 31 and all I can do is send him to the AHL or ECHL. I remember that in the beta version it worked but it was completely random. In like 1 of 20 cases I could send a player back to junior, and I don't know why it only worked for certain players.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #336
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yes I should but I'm not. I signed an 18-year old 2013 draftee before Aug 31 and all I can do is send him to the AHL or ECHL. I remember that in the beta version it worked but it was completely random. In like 1 of 20 cases I could send a player back to junior, and I don't know why it only worked for certain players.
Did you try what I suggested?

Right click name in Roster list ... the option to send back to junior team should be there. Currently in 1.0.3 if you're in the players profile the only option is AHL/ECHL

(from memory, at work and not in front of my gaming PC)

EDIT : There's another remote possibility ... the players in question, the CHL team may have allowed the player right to lapse in order to get below the reserve limit.

Last edited by Mordrehl; 09-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #337
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
Did you try what I suggested?

Right click name in Roster list ... the option to send back to junior team should be there. Currently in 1.0.3 if you're in the players profile the only option is AHL/ECHL
It's actually the only thing I tried
Old 09-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #338
giammarcor
Bat Boy

Hoping someone can respond this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by giammarcor View Post
Can someone help. As you can see, when I try to trade someone, the only options I get are to trade for players or trade for rights. There are no options to trade for draft picks. I can't imagine that I'm the only one that doesn't have that option, which leads me to believe that either no one can or I am doing something wrong. So, help please. Thanks...
Second time I've posted this. Got no response the first time. There doesn't seem to be any options for me to trade for a draft pick. My only options are other teams players or rights, there is no draft in the drop down.

**UPDATE***

Just discovered that this only takes place with historical mode. When I start a current season, the option is available. Sounds like a glitch in the system.

Last edited by giammarcor; 09-20-2013 at 06:34 PM.
giammarcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #339
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

No draft + below salary floor though not really

The first draft comes and goes as it should, after that no more drafts (for at least two years).

Salary floor at 44, even though I'm at >50 I cant progress the game without manually moving a player with high salary to my team. I am "below salary floor", the game says.

When editing a player contract the cap hit does not change.

v. 1.0 build 3
herm1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #340
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Historical Mode, 1.0.3

AI teams seem to undervalue their prospects. This is with "Generate @ 17" and "Draft Players" enabled

Examples :

Bobby Hull was draft by Chicago Blackhawks (happy coincidence). A year later, they've released his rights and he's sign-able as a free agent. I looked at the 50 players they kept ... there's at least 6 players with a lower current ability, never mind potential ability on their reserve list.

John Ratelle, same issue ... NY Rangers drafted him, a year later I can sign him as a free agent. His current ability of 6.5 and potential of 10.5 ... the 6.5 alone makes him better than anybody in their active roster, never mind their entire protected list.

Can we look into improving this? I'm sure this must be affecting the normal game as well