Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 09-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #221
Deriken
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Two problems/bugs I noticed

1) Edit the salary cap to a higher number (like $95 mm or so) and on the first day of the season it drops to the original amount usually putting me over and causing me to have to rework the team. Tried eliminating the cap, but in previous builds (to be fair haven't tried it since release or the new patch) the salary totals would drop every day until I was below the floor (which there shouldn't even be a floor if there is not cap right?) and I couldn't advance.

2) After I initiate a trade proposal and the other team respond with their usual "no way, but it might be close" if I respond with a modified proposal the other team never replies. This also happens if I respond to a trade offer initiated by another team with a change in the proposal. Basically I will get one communication from the other team about a trade and that's it.

Currently playing Flyers, modern, NHL/AHL/ECHL only. Commissioner mode on HP i7, 12 GB ram and Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Deriken
Old 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #222
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

One problem: Rod Sarich (brother of Cory) has retired but yet on the game he is still a FA
thebusbybriddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #223
giammarcor
Bat Boy

Can someone help. As you can see, when I try to trade someone, the only options I get are to trade for players or trade for rights. There are no options to trade for draft picks. I can't imagine that I'm the only one that doesn't have that option, which leads me to believe that either no one can or I am doing something wrong. So, help please. Thanks...
Attached Images
giammarcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #224
lwing37
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwing37 View Post
Game crashes whenever I click on "Edit League." I am done until the bugs are worked out...the game is completely unstable at this time. I hope you can resolve all the crashes/bugs because if it's anything like OOTP Baseball it will be awesome. Just disappointed right now.
Okay, solved my own issues by completely uninstalling and then re-installed. I'm not completely sure but this time I used the default installation destination. Previously, I installed on my second hard drive and I think that may have been the problem. Keeping my fingers crossed...
lwing37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #225
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Cannot progress game date ... "you have open spots" ....

I have 2 G, 4 LW, 4C and 4 RWs dressed and every spot filled in the lineup sheet :P

EDIT : Nevermind, created my own bug ... accidently adjusted defenceman icetime and the "4th pairing" had 1 min :P

Last edited by Mordrehl; 09-09-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: oops
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #226
Calmedic215
Bat Boy

Whl

I am playing the WHL team the Calgary Hitmen it is December 31, and says its time for the CHL import draft. The screen loads but its all 14 year old Canadian and American players and will not let me select anything, I cant move forward to the next day cause it tells me I have to finish the draft. Any ideas?
Calmedic215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #227
BEHR
Bat Boy

Screen cutoff

certain parts of the game have the bottom of the screen cutoff. 2 examples are the in-game engine. i cannot see below half of the bottom teams portraits. another example is the player screen. cannot even read the "status" section.
BEHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #228
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

I have not read through all of this thread, so I apologize if I'm repeating a reported issue.

I traded for the rights to an unsigned RFA in the offseaon.

Between the time I made the trade offer, and the team replied "accepted" and I confirmed the trade, it appears he accepted a salary from his original team.

The trade was "semi processed"

My players were transferred to the new team, and the new player appears in my "unsigned prospects" list as expected. However when left clicking to offer a contract, my only options are "offer trade" and "add to shortlist". His team is listed as his original team.

The player I acquired still appears on his original team, has a contract and can play. I continued the season and the player remained on my unsigned prospects list, and played for his former team.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #229
moore4807
All Star Starter

strange but...

I'm getting annoyed by probably the most minor complaint you will ever see on this forum

In this pix after the day is finished simming the play menu doesn't go away and I have to click on another part of the screen twice to get it to go away. It repeats every day I sim, none of the other tabs there do this... What gives?
Attached Images
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #230
Paraporla
Bat Boy

Protected list - crash

First. Great update, thanks.
I got the Version1 Rebuild 3 earlier and it fixed many problems.
I finished my first season and have signed draftees and a free agent .. set the team , but in game 1 of the second season I couldn't get to the Protected list... crashed. It crashed a couple of times while looking at free agents as well.
Paraporla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #231
Paraporla
Bat Boy

Further problem

. and besides being unable to get to Protected list , if I go to my Injured list on Managers home it will crash .. two players stuck in sick bay! And can't get them out!

Overall I'm very pleased and hopeful you can make these fixes.
I guess Build 4 will help ...

Is there any way of going back and restoring before the crash dates?
Old 09-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #232
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Is being unable to set your shootout lineup on purpose, or a bug?

Any chance this will be added? Kinda blows seeing dan girardi and derek dorsett get shootout chances early.
gmerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #233
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmedic215 View Post
I am playing the WHL team the Calgary Hitmen it is December 31, and says its time for the CHL import draft. The screen loads but its all 14 year old Canadian and American players and will not let me select anything, I cant move forward to the next day cause it tells me I have to finish the draft. Any ideas?
Had the same issue ... work around, find the news item about the CHL Import draft in your manager screen and click that
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:35 AM   #234
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The extension amount may be correct, since it includes money that will be freed up by contracts that expire in the current year. The rest is definitely off, though. What league/year/team is this happening to you with?
New Jersey Devils. 2014 offseason.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #235
Basekase
Bat Boy

Trade Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctamike View Post
While playing as the St. Louis Blues, I cannot initiate a trade. When I go into the trade screen, it shows that my team is the Predators, but the players from the Blues are listed. I cannot add any of my players to the trade, though. While simulating, I am stopped every day by messages telling me that the Anaheim Ducks cannot accept my trade proposal of Nothing for Nothing.

This is new to 1.0.3. Trading worked fine in 1.0

I have a similar issue. Version 1.0.3. Playing with the Canadiens, and trying to make a trade with the Flames. If I right-click a player to initiate a trade, I'm then taken to a Flames team roster window, but the teams listed are the Plymouth Whalers and the Belleville Bulls. I've recreated similar instances of this with several teams.

I'm playing a 1.0 save game with the new 1.0.3 build. Playing in regular mode, and I'm about 10 games into the season.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Basekase; 09-10-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Basekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #236
Paraporla
Bat Boy

I am a patient person. I will try another update with Build 3.
Hopefully some fixes have occurred.
Have I told you that I love the game.

Thanks for all the work on this.
I play OOTP baseball and hope that the FHM reaches those lofty stages.
Great work ... keep it up.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #237
aage86
Bat Boy

error when start new game

I got this message when i try to start a new game:

"could not create game folder!"
aage86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #238
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Accidently had the same player centering both my first AND second lines, and they weren't getting tired.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #239
astroman34
Bat Boy

I'm playing in my 2nd season in the WHL as the Seattle Thunderbirds. I have the set that I have control of the "initiate and react to trades" option. The AI makes trade requests to the same team about 10 times at any given time. Sometimes, it's trying to receive a player for nothing or the trade is nothing for nothing. The game becomes unplayable because it stops simming after one day.

Last edited by astroman34; 09-10-2013 at 04:04 PM.
astroman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #240
Anton
Minors (Double A)

game crashes in historical mode. I'm the Birmingham Bulls and can't get past opening day of free agency in the final season of the WHA (1978). Sorry if I posted wrong.

P.S. this game rules.

*also the 73-74 season is a no-show in league history, and the drafts that off season didn't have any players in them at all.

Last edited by Anton; 09-10-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote