Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #21
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Glad to see you're in the spirit, Painmantle. Looks like you stayed up late last night to do that research, too.

I just went back to the minor league manager sim that I abandoned and ran my existing game through July 1st, which is just 10 days into the regular season. These are not all the listed transactions by any means - just the examples I saw of the same players leaving/returning to my team during the first week after the regular season started:

Quote:
Thursday, June 20th, 2013
Promoted SP Eswarlin Jimenez to Single A Burlington.
Tuesday, June 25th, 2013
Received SP Eswarlin Jimenez from Single A Burlington.
Saturday, June 29th, 2013
Promoted SP Eswarlin Jimenez to Single A Burlington.
Monday, July 1st, 2013
Received SP Eswarlin Jimenez from Single A Burlington.

Sent CF Quinten Davis to Rookie League Tempe.
Tuesday, June 25th, 2013
Received CF Quinten Davis from Rookie League Tempe.
Sunday, June 30th, 2013
Sent CF Quinten Davis to Rookie League Tempe.

Sent SP Mike Clevinger to Rookie League Tempe.
Received MR Mike Clevinger from Rookie League Tempe.

Friday, June 21st, 2013
Received MR Max Russell from Rookie League Tempe.
Tuesday, June 25th, 2013
Sent MR Max Russell to Rookie League Tempe.
Received MR Max Russell from Rookie League Tempe.

Sunday, June 30th, 2013
Received LF Gary Mitchell from Single A Inland Empire.
Monday, July 1st, 2013
Promoted LF Gary Mitchell to Single A Burlington.

Tuesday, June 25th, 2013
Promoted LF Kyle Johnson to Single A Burlington.
Monday, July 1st, 2013
Received CF Kyle Johnson from Single A Burlington.

Received MR Daniel Hurtado from Rookie League Tempe.
Monday, July 1st, 2013
Sent MR Daniel Hurtado to Rookie League Tempe.

Sunday, June 23rd, 2013
Received SS Caleb Bushyhead from Single A Burlington.
Monday, July 1st, 2013
Promoted SS Caleb Bushyhead to Single A Burlington.
Caleb is 8 days apart, so maybe that would fit within the bounds of normal minor league movement (as I understand it) if there were no other transactions like it. But still... that's almost of a third of my roster that has bounced up and down in those 10 days - sometimes more than once. I'm not seeing how you're getting so few transactions of any kind. I'm using the Orem Owlz, FWIW.

In my short period of simming, it doesn't look like any position is uncovered and I have enough starting pitching. I don't know if that remains true throughout long periods of play, or what would happen if I had, say, 4-5 pitchers out with injuries. That was a problem before, but I can't say if it still is now.

Regardless, it's ridiculous to say that the AI doesn't bounce players around a lot in their minors throughout the season, and that this wouldn't impact you if your game revolves around a single minor league team. Even if you don't play as a minor league manager, you can just look at the lower minor league stats of some players (at least in prior versions, haven't played 14 enough yet), and know that this is happening. I could run more sims, but I'm pretty sure that even my small sample size should highlight my point.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #22
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I'll do a test game tonight and check what happens in the Royals and Mets organizations, since there are a few unsolved questions.

1. Does this happen between the majors and AAA, as in the Curtis Borkholder thread?
2. What happens if there are multiple rookie league teams in the same organization?

I chose the Mets and Royals because of their respective minor league structures. Kansas City has three rookie-ball teams (Idaho Falls, Burlington, and Surprise) while New York has short-A Brooklyn and two rookie-ball teams (Port St. Lucie and Kingsport)
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Well, I can only say this. Do I see the transactions that you're referring to as far as player movement , Yes. But it is my feeling that this is the rookie League and movement is the norm rather than the exception. As of right now I have no real data that proves or disproves that this is abnormal movement. Would it be annoying for a rookie league coach? Hell yes but the Rookie Leagues are what they are and until I see some firm evidence telling me that this type of movement doesn't happen I have to accept it as normal and play with the players they give me.

One thing that is obvious to me is that when running a team in this mode and being at the bottom of the food chain you better be a hands on Manager who likes to play out his games and micro-manage his roster or your doomed to get fired. And actually while I've never played this way before I am strongly considering it now, since I really enjoy micro-managing my teams! So if nothing else I have learned something from this thread and for that I am grateful.

Now I'm going to run off and play some ootp14, maybe I'll find the time today to delve into the transactions of real Baseball clubs to see how normal this type of movement is.

Code:
 Sunday, July 28th, 2013 

Sent SP Jhonathan Torres to Rookie League Kingsport.  
Sent LF Keith 
Lamb to Rookie League Kingsport.  
Sent CF Bradley Marquez to Rookie 
League Kingsport.  
Received SS Ahmed Rosario from Rookie League 
Kingsport.  
Received 1B Terry Lightheart from Rookie League 
Kingsport.  

Friday, July 26th, 2013 

Received SP Jhonathan Torres from Rookie League Kingsport.  
Activated SS James Roberts from the disabled list.  

Thursday, July 25th, 2013 

Received CF Bradley Marquez from Rookie League Kingsport.  

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 

Placed SP Ryan Burnett on the 7-day disabled list, retroactive to 
07/21/2013.  

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 

Received SP Aaron Blair from Rookie League Kingsport.  
Received LF 
Keith Lamb from Rookie League Kingsport.  

Monday, July 22nd, 2013 

Placed SP Billy Roth on the 7-day disabled list, retroactive to 
07/20/2013.  

Saturday, July 20th, 2013 

Sent 1B Terry Lightheart to Rookie League Kingsport.  

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 

Received MR Anthony Tzamtzis from Rookie League Kingsport.  

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 

Sent MR Anthony Tzamtzis to Rookie League Kingsport.  
Sent C Cal 
Flacco to Rookie League Kingsport.  
Sent CF Keith Lamb to Rookie League 
Kingsport.  
Sent CF Bradley Marquez to Rookie League Kingsport.  

Received SP James Farris from Rookie League Kingsport.  

Sunday, July 14th, 2013 

Sent SP James Farris to Rookie League Kingsport.  
Sent SS Ahmed 
Rosario to Rookie League Kingsport.  
Received SP John Simms from Rookie 
League Kingsport.  
Placed SS James Roberts on the 7-day disabled 
list.  

Friday, July 12th, 2013 

Sent SP John Simms to Rookie League Kingsport.  
Sent 2B James Prince 
to Rookie League Kingsport.  
Sent SS Branden Kaupe to Rookie League 
Kingsport.  
Received CF Bradley Marquez from Rookie League 
Kingsport.  

Tuesday, July 9th, 2013 

Released SS Miguel Patino.  

Friday, July 5th, 2013 

Received SP John Simms from Rookie League Kingsport.  

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013 

Received MR Anthony Tzamtzis from Rookie League Kingsport.  

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 

Received 2B James Prince from Rookie League Kingsport.  
Received SP 
Stephen Gonsalves from Rookie League Kingsport.  

Monday, July 1st, 2013 

Sent MR Jhonathan Torres to Rookie League Kingsport.  
Sent SP John 
Simms to Rookie League Kingsport.  
Sent MR Anthony Tzamtzis to Rookie 
League Kingsport.  
Sent CF Bradley Marquez to Rookie League 
Kingsport.  
Sent LF Vicente Lupo to Rookie League Kingsport.  

Received SS Branden Kaupe from Rookie League Kingsport.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #24
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Just took a quick look at milb.com and checked out the real Pioneer League transactions from 6/22-6/30/2012:

Pioneer League Transactions | Orem Owlz Stats

Quote:
06/30/2012AssignedGreat Falls VoyagersPatrick PalmeiroLF Patrick Palmeiro assigned to Great Falls Voyagers.

06/30/2012AssignedBillings MustangsBeau AmaralCF Beau Amaral assigned to Billings Mustangs from Cincinnati Reds.

06/30/2012AssignedIdaho Falls ChukarsJoe LopezRHP Joe Lopez assigned to Idaho Falls Chukars from AZL Royals.

06/30/2012AssignedBillings MustangsDaniel PigottOF Daniel Pigott assigned to Billings Mustangs from Cincinnati Reds.

06/30/2012AssignedOrem OwlzSherman Johnson2B Sherman Johnson assigned to Orem Owlz from Los Angeles Angels.

06/29/2012AssignedGreat Falls VoyagersDustin HayesOF Dustin Hayes assigned to Great Falls Voyagers from Bristol White Sox.

06/27/2012AssignedDayton DragonsCarlos GonzalezRHP Carlos Gonzalez assigned to Dayton Dragons from Billings Mustangs.

06/27/2012AssignedGreat Lakes LoonsDuke von SchamannRHP Duke von Schamann assigned to Great Lakes Loons from Ogden Raptors.

06/27/2012AssignedAsheville TouristsDrew BeuerleinDrew Beuerlein assigned to Asheville Tourists from Grand Junction Rockies.

06/26/2012AssignedKannapolis IntimidatorsD.J. JarradD.J. Jarrad assigned to Kannapolis Intimidators from Great Falls Voyagers.

06/26/2012AssignedOgden RaptorsFaustino OguistenFaustino Oguisten assigned to Ogden Raptors from AZL Dodgers.

06/26/2012AssignedOgden RaptorsJames CampbellRHP James Campbell assigned to Ogden Raptors.

06/26/2012AssignedKannapolis IntimidatorsAndrew DouglasAndrew Douglas assigned to Kannapolis Intimidators from Great Falls Voyagers.

06/26/2012AssignedHelena BrewersPreston GaineyRHP Preston Gainey assigned to Helena Brewers from Milwaukee Brewers.

06/26/2012AssignedKane County CougarsAndrew TriggsAndrew Triggs assigned to Kane County Cougars from Idaho Falls Chukars.

06/25/2012AssignedTri-City Dust DevilsMiguel De Leon1B Miguel De Leon assigned to Tri-City Dust Devils from Grand Junction Rockies.

06/24/2012AssignedYakima BearsJesus Abreu2B Jesus Abreu assigned to Yakima Bears from Missoula Osprey.

06/24/2012AssignedOrem OwlzTyler DeLoachLHP Tyler DeLoach assigned to Orem Owlz.

06/24/2012AssignedMissoula OspreyKarl TrianaRHP Karl Triana assigned to Missoula Osprey from AZL D-backs.

06/23/2012AssignedOgden RaptorsScott GriggsRHP Scott Griggs assigned to Ogden Raptors.

06/22/2012AssignedKane County CougarsJulio AparicioJulio Aparicio assigned to Kane County Cougars from Idaho Falls Chukars.

06/22/2012AssignedOrem OwlzJairo DiazRHP Jairo Diaz assigned to Orem Owlz from Cedar Rapids Kernels.

06/22/2012AssignedKane County CougarsKyle SmithKyle Smith assigned to Kane County Cougars from Idaho Falls Chukars.

06/22/2012AssignedKane County CougarsJack LopezJack Lopez assigned to Kane County Cougars from Idaho Falls Chukars.

06/22/2012AssignedKane County CougarsBryan BrickhouseBryan Brickhouse assigned to Kane County Cougars from Idaho Falls Chukars.
That's 25 transactions in 8 days for 8 teams, and there were 60 more transactions in July. So there seems to be a lot of movement on Rookie league teams relative to the Majors. But they don't involve the same players, and most of them are of players going TO the teams and not away from them.

I don't see anyone getting released on these lists.... releases might not be mentioned here. Do you think that Rookie league teams have a lot of guys who the big club sends for evaluation, the rookie league manager gives a thumbs up or thumbs down within a few days, and in the event of a thumbs down, the guy is quietly let go and replaced? If so, that would be something impossible to sim in any game, since you'd need an enormous database.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #25
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
That's 25 transactions in 8 days for 8 teams, and there were 60 more transactions in July. So there seems to be a lot of movement on Rookie league teams relative to the Majors. But they don't involve the same players, and most of them are of players going TO the teams and not away from them.
Real life works a little differently though. There's extended spring training, which is where all the players go who didn't make the full season affiliates at the end of normal spring traiing. They stay in extended spring training until the short season leagues start up in June. New draftees are also sent to the short season leagues.

You can find cases of players being shuffled from extended spring training to a full season affiliate and vice versa.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #26
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Well what we need to remember here is this is the rookie league...there is no where to go to be sent down to...only up.

Another thing is there are 2 or 3 rookie teams for each franchise, the transactions were talking about here aren't call up's in general they are nothing more than sideways movement to another rookie league team. For all we know these could very well be (as far as ootp is concerned) nothing more than movement to keep the appropriate players at all positions or just a change of scenery for the player. Sometimes that's all they need to give them a kick in the pants and start producing.

I just don't as of yet see it to be an issue, when you coach at the rookie league level you know what your getting into and it's a revolving door of players that you must manage, and you never know from day to day who you'll actually have to work with. The Big Guys make all those decisions for you.

My best guess is to have the kind of roster stability you yearn for maybe playing an independent League team would be more to your liking! But i'm gonna play out a season with this format just to see what a pain in the ass it really is to run one of these rookie league teams!
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #27
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
My best guess is to have the kind of roster stability you yearn for maybe playing an independent League team would be more to your liking! But i'm gonna play out a season with this format just to see what a pain in the ass it really is to run one of these rookie league teams!
I've tried the Independent league route, and I had one career where I jumped from Venezuela, to Mexico, to Japan, to the Majors as I won at each stop and the quality of the job offers increased. But I've found that if you're managing any lesser league in the same universe as the MLB system, it's too easy to pick up the MLB organizational fodder and win 75% of your games. Anyway, I'm the kind of guy who likes to start at the bottom - that's my potential attraction to this.

After all this, I'm going to go run through a full season or two in the minors myself. I still think the roster moves need work, and I'm curious to see what BW comes up with in his tests. But talking about minor league managing has made me think about seeing what I can do, and how it will play out if I get more in-depth with the day to day stuff.

Who knows... maybe it just needs a different play style than I'm used to. Maybe I'll uncover some trend between teams that make a lot of low level moves and teams that don't. Maybe I'll even come to like the whole thing.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 05-28-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #28
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Another thing is there are 2 or 3 rookie teams for each franchise, the transactions were talking about here aren't call up's in general they are nothing more than sideways movement to another rookie league team. For all we know these could very well be (as far as ootp is concerned) nothing more than movement to keep the appropriate players at all positions or just a change of scenery for the player. Sometimes that's all they need to give them a kick in the pants and start producing.
One more thing... In game terms, I think that those kinds of lateral moves might be a see-saw effect. The OOTP algorithm looks at 2 rookie league teams that are more or less the same, but one has a slight deficit in starting pitching relative to the other one. So OOTP moves pitcher X, who has abilities that add up to the correct amount, to the weaker team.

The next time OOTP does its check, the original stronger team is now slightly weaker because Pitcher X is on the other side of the scale... so it moves him back...

Even the Rookie to A promotions might work like that. Player A is barely over the border of being good enough to get promoted. So the game promotes him. He plays one game and goes 0 for 4. The algorithm part of the game factors that in and now, he's not quite good enough to be at the higher level, and he gets moved back down.

Just a theory of course - I have no idea how the code works.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #29
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Yes. The official web site for minor league baseball (MILB.com) has complete transaction records going back to 2009, and I think at least part of the 2008 season. It includes signings, releases, promotions, demotions, disabled list moves, and temporarily inactive stints.
I just checked and the transaction data is available for the entire calendar year starting from 2008, along with regular season-only transaction data for the 2006 and 2007 seasons (i.e. off-season transactions are not included). So that means there are a total of seven seasons' worth of minor league transaction data currently available, of which five have transaction records for the entire calendar year. (Both of those numbers go up by one once 2013 is completed.)

So there is quite a bit of minor league organizational transaction data available, more than enough to provide a very good reference point for what OOTP ought to be doing.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #30
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One more thing... In game terms, I think that those kinds of lateral moves might be a see-saw effect. The OOTP algorithm looks at 2 rookie league teams that are more or less the same, but one has a slight deficit in starting pitching relative to the other one. So OOTP moves pitcher X, who has abilities that add up to the correct amount, to the weaker team.

The next time OOTP does its check, the original stronger team is now slightly weaker because Pitcher X is on the other side of the scale... so it moves him back...

Even the Rookie to A promotions might work like that. Player A is barely over the border of being good enough to get promoted. So the game promotes him. He plays one game and goes 0 for 4. The algorithm part of the game factors that in and now, he's not quite good enough to be at the higher level, and he gets moved back down.

Just a theory of course - I have no idea how the code works.
That certainly seems logical to me. Obviously I don't know how the code works either, but it would seem to explain things like this if so.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #31
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Before I disappear, I thought I'd throw some data out there. I've run a couple of seasons now as a minor league manager and I've got some comparisons with the real thing.

It doesn't look like the MiLB transactions lists players who are leaving a team, with the exception of one deceased player and a couple of retirements and one or two releases. To keep this simple, I'll just compare the incoming players in both OOTP and MiLB, so when I say 'transactions', I'm talking about incoming players. I'll also put a magnifying glass on the Orem Owlz and St. Lucie Mets, both of whom I've become intimately familiar with.

OK... Pioneer League (R)

Quote:
Real Life Pioneer League had 158 total transactions in 2012.

OOTP Pioneer League had 421 total transactions.

Real Life Orem Owlz had 17 total transactions:
1 demotion
8 lateral moves
5 from a trade with Minnesota
2 from Angels... maybe free agents?
1 from restricted list.
0 of those players had been on the Owlz before during that season.

OOTP Orem Owls had 45 total transactions:

16 demotions
29 lateral moves
8 of those moves involved players who had previously been on the team (which hasn't been my experience in the teams I've managed... I'm thinking this is the very low end of the range)
Florida State League now...

Quote:
Florida State League had 1045 total transactions in 2012

OOTP Florida State League had 868 total transactions.

Real Life St. Lucie Mets had 69 total transactions
10 Demotions
48 Promotions
10 from Mets (Mostly rehab assignments)
1 from extended spring training.
12 of these moves involved players who had previously been on St. Lucie.

OOTP St. Lucie Mets had 76 Total transactions

32 Demotions
1 Promotion from short season A
43 Lateral Moves.
30 of these moves involved players who had previously been on St. Lucie.
So it looks like Rookie League is moving guys around at about 3 times the real life rate, and once you get above that, things smooth out at least in terms of volume. And while I haven't crunched the numbers above A, I can say that I managed at Binghamton AA last year and didn't have nearly as many switches as I had in Rookie.

Of course, OOTP doesn't have things like extending spring training and rehab assignments, so Real Life should have more transactions than OOTP does.

When I tried this in older versions, I had some rosters that were unworkable. 3 starting pitchers or 2 outfielders and things like that - I don't see that any more. I've always had workable rosters. The one thing that OOTP sometimes misses is CF... it sometimes sticks me with 3 OF, none of whom has any experience in center or the talent to learn it.

So it's not as bad as I'd expected. Some work needs to be done with Rookie League, especially since Rookie Level is people's first experience with manager mode. And if OOTP added things like meetings with the players and media and things like that, this could really be a major part of the game. It could use some polish.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #32
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't care about common sense
This one gave me a good chuckle!

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 06-02-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I had players for my games in the few that I played, though they might not be the players I intended to put out there the day before. It definitely adds a lot of unnecessary maintenance, don't you think?

I haven't played this version enough to make a definite statement, but I remember in previous versions I would have trouble having enough healthy starting pitchers, or I'd have to play guys out of position and things like that. If the AI minor league roster management is unchanged, I'd guess that would still be a problem, too.

So that I'm not misrepresented - minor league management isn't something I use much or, I think, have even mentioned before. But I don't think there's much real argument that it doesn't work well and hasn't worked well for a number of years. It should get more attention, seeing that it's easy for a new player to end up there.

It's not just you.

In my first dynasty report I tried to work my way up as a manager starting at rookie ball. Unfortunately, IMHO, I felt like it was completely broken so I had to scrap the dynasty report. I don't need "hard-data" to know that the "fun-factor" is broken in minor-league managing.

Speaking of hard data, where is the hard-data to support fan-loyalty, fan interest, scouts' abilities, average merchandising as a ratio to ticket sales, coach personalties, player personalties? Where is the "hard-data on work-ethic, intelligence, greed, loyalty. This "GAME" has implemented a ton of ideas that do not have "hard-data". They do not need hard-data to make the game fun. The only thing that has any "hard-data" around here are the statisitics which are subjective to the era they were prodcued in anyway.

The point...

The point in playing a game is all about the fun-factor. This is not an encyclopedia of stats. This is a game--a game, in which, 98.768% of the concepts do not have real-world data to support them. Fixing the fun-factor of minor league managing TRUMPS the "hard-data" of actual minor league promotions/demotions.

Finally, as it stands there is no "hard-data" that supports the way that OOTP currently handles promotions/demotions. I'd go so far as to hazard a guess that if someone DID (not constantly talking about one day getting hard-data) got real world data I'd bet a dollar to a donut that it is implemented poorly as of now.

All of you know that I love this game and that I am generally positive. But if it looks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck!!

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 06-02-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #34
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
It's not just you.

In my first dynasty report I tried to work my way up as a manager starting at rookie ball. Unfortunately, IMHO, I felt like it was completely broken so I had to scrap the dynasty report. I don't need "hard-data" to know that the "fun-factor" is broken in minor-league managing.

Speaking of hard data, where is the hard-data to support fan-loyalty, fan interest, scouts' abilities, average merchandising as a ratio to ticket sales, coach personalties, player personalties? Where is the "hard-data on work-ethic, intelligence, greed, loyalty. This "GAME" has implemented a ton of ideas that do not have "hard-data". They do not need hard-data to make the game fun. The only thing that has any "hard-data" around here are the statisitics which are subjective to the era they were prodcued in anyway.

The point...

The point in playing a game is all about the fun-factor. This is not an encyclopedia of stats. This is a game--a game, in which, 98.768% of the concepts do not have real-world data to support them. Fixing the fun-factor of minor league managing TRUMPS the "hard-data" of actual minor league promotions/demotions.

Finally, as it stands there is no "hard-data" that supports the way that OOTP currently handles promotions/demotions. I'd go so far as to hazard a guess that if someone DID (not constantly talking about one day getting hard-data) got real world data I'd bet a dollar to a donut that it is implemented poorly as of now.

All of you know that I love this game and that I am generally positive. But if it looks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck!!
I could hug you right now. Great post!
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #35
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
You may well be correct. Since we're hazarding guesses, I'll add my own: the real-world data will be interesting and full of surprises.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #36
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

I've posted real world data. 5 posts up from this one.

If nothing else, it should be enough to demonstrate that there's a problem with Rookie League movement.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #37
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've posted real world data. 5 posts up from this one.
That's hardly a comprehensive and complete review of a full season's worth of transactions within all major league organizations. That's what I'm talking about. The full picture, from top to bottom, for the full calendar year.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #38
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's hardly a comprehensive and complete review of a full season's worth of transactions within all major league organizations. That's what I'm talking about. The full picture, from top to bottom, for the full calendar year.
Just curious, do you play OOTP?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #39
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Just curious, do you play OOTP?
Member of a forum about a game for 10 years, doesn't play said game.

Yeah, right.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #40
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
Member of a forum about a game for 10 years, doesn't play said game.

Yeah, right.
You would be surprised. Go up to OT before you call me silly. I'm just curious, not being ugly.