Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 03-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

KHL/ex-USSR nations

Researchers:

KHL: Alessandro, Geckon, Garethw87

Last edited by JeffR; 03-07-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #2
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

We know that the KHL is far from being perfect, the research is not complete, not to talk about the VHL and the MHL. Some players from these leagues were rated, but just a minority. Also, expect later, but before the official release, another model for player contracts to better replicate what happens IRL with the KHL-VHL-MHL pyramid.
We also know that not all rules are correctly implemented and that the KHL draft, as well as the Nadezhda Cup, are missing. We also know that there are still some duplicate players.
However, we wait your precious input.

Last edited by Alessandro; 03-05-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:47 AM   #3
Holden Caulfield
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for your work Alessandro, really.

Just finished my first season with Slovan Bratislava. Now to be fair this past season was the first I was following the KHL and the NHL lockout likely made a huge difference between the game and what actually happened, but here's what I noticed.

The league was incredibly unbalanced. For example Yugra finished 3-47-2 whereas SKA went 38-7-7. Not only that but there was a CLEAR divide between teams, with a 36 points difference between 9th and 10th in the West (25-24-3 versus 13-37-2 (yeah that was 10th of 14 teams)) and 39 points between 8th and 9th in the east (30-18-4 versus 17-32-3).

I also noticed that the scoring was rather high, but maybe that was just because I was getting blown out of lots of games as Slovan.

The most noticable thing was the imbalance of the Russian teams having VHL and MHL teams to assign players to whereas my Slovan team could only stash a couple players on "reserve list". This is not right. In real life the Slovan team uses Slovakian league teams and the Slovak U-20 to send players down to, this should be adjusted. At least give Slovan the Orange team (SVK U-20 team that plays in SVK league) as a MHL equivalent and Skalica in the SVK as a VHL equivalent. Seems to make for a completely unfair atmosphere where Russian teams can have big prospect lists that Slovan doesn't have.

Also what's with every KHL team having every player signed for 3 years? I know KHL info is hard to come by, but that kinda makes it wierd for the first 3 years where every player is locked in for so long (at least I assume since as I said I'm only done one year). Better to make them all 1 year contracts if no info is available, IMO.

Also Jaroslav Janus is severely underrated

Last edited by Holden Caulfield; 03-05-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Thanks for your work Alessandro, really.

Just finished my first season with Slovan Bratislava. Now to be fair this past season was the first I was following the KHL and the NHL lockout likely made a huge difference between the game and what actually happened, but here's what I noticed.

The league was incredibly unbalanced. For example Yugra finished 3-47-2 whereas SKA went 38-7-7. Not only that but there was a CLEAR divide between teams, with a 36 points difference between 9th and 10th in the West (25-24-3 versus 13-37-2 (yeah that was 10th of 14 teams)) and 39 points between 8th and 9th in the east (30-18-4 versus 17-32-3).
This is mostly because some teams (like Yugra, and Slovan), unfortunately haven't been properly rated yet, while others (like SKA) are 100% rated. In the next few builds you'll see a strong balancement of the teams.

Quote:
I also noticed that the scoring was rather high, but maybe that was just because I was getting blown out of lots of games as Slovan.
This is mostly because the whole game has 5.15 goals a game aka NHL scoring average. In the next builds every league will have its correct scoring average.

Quote:
The most noticable thing was the imbalance of the Russian teams having VHL and MHL teams to assign players to whereas my Slovan team could only stash a couple players on "reserve list". This is not right. In real life the Slovan team uses Slovakian league teams and the Slovak U-20 to send players down to, this should be adjusted. At least give Slovan the Orange team (SVK U-20 team that plays in SVK league) as a MHL equivalent and Skalica in the SVK as a VHL equivalent. Seems to make for a completely unfair atmosphere where Russian teams can have big prospect lists that Slovan doesn't have.
As I said in the second post, for now the KHL minors pyramid is rather broken, for both Russian and non Russian teams. Expect huge improvements with the next betas.

Quote:
Also what's with every KHL team having every player signed for 3 years? I know KHL info is hard to come by, but that kinda makes it wierd for the first 3 years where every player is locked in for so long (at least I assume since as I said I'm only done one year). Better to make them all 1 year contracts if no info is available, IMO.
This is a technical problem due to some internal stuff and also to the fact that non-NHL contracts are all 100% random in length, salary and conditions (you'll see veterans with KHL-VHL-YHL contracts, for example...)

Quote:
Also Jaroslav Janus is severely underrated
Slovan is not fully rated. Don't worry, as soon as possible Janus will be one of the top KHL goalies.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #5
Holden Caulfield
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cool. Thanks alot for the response!

I wasn't completely sure what you meant by everything in the first post, so I just figured I'd post all of my impressions. I have confidence you guys will figure everything out.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #6
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Cool. Thanks alot for the response!

I wasn't completely sure what you meant by everything in the first post, so I just figured I'd post all of my impressions. I have confidence you guys will figure everything out.
You're welcome. If you find more problems, just post them here. We are aware of most of them, but since the KHL is of course not as heavily played as the NHL, we need as many reports as possible.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
Garethw87

Will the KHL salary rules be put into the game? I noticed currently it has no salary cap when there is one? I can find the information if needed.

No big deal obviously it doesn't affect as much as in the NHL just curious

Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Will the KHL salary rules be put into the game? I noticed currently it has no salary cap when there is one? I can find the information if needed.

No big deal obviously it doesn't affect as much as in the NHL just curious
No, I don't want to put a salary cap when we don't have information on salaries. And also, I doubt it is strictly implemented...
Old 03-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Errors regarding Slovan are my fault as it's my responsibility to research it and I've had not enough time to do it yet. The same is true for Lev Praha. Sorry for that I'll try to do it as soon as possible.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #10
Garethw87

Alessandro/Geckon -

I noticed that Jon Ramsey is the Owner of Dinamo Riga.. Do you already have a list of owners/presidents of the KHL teams or is that something you still need? I can have a look around tonight and find some for you if you wish.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Alessandro/Geckon -

I noticed that Jon Ramsey is the Owner of Dinamo Riga.. Do you already have a list of owners/presidents of the KHL teams or is that something you still need? I can have a look around tonight and find some for you if you wish.
I know that information for Lev and I think I can easily find it for Slovan so I don't need your help, thanks. But Alessandro may appreciate that.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
Landeskog92
Bat Boy

Sorry, did not see the description in the second post

Last edited by Landeskog92; 03-06-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #13
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Tell us anyway - the more information, the better
Old 03-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
Garethw87

KHL Team Owners/Presidents and such.

That took ages haha! Some of it might not be 100% but its better then having LATVIAN Jon Ramsey as the owner of Dinamo Riga for instance . All taken from club sources so it should be correct.

Some teams pose an issues as stated in the file. Some are owned by the governments and the army and other company.
Attached Files
File Type: txt KHL Team Owners.txt (3.3 KB, 168 views)

Old 03-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #15
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Regarding Lev Praha:
Martin Maškarinec is an executive officer (CEO) but it's not the owner. The club is owned by a company Sportovní holding Praha which is represented/led by board of directors - Petr Speychal is their chief (but he is not the owner though). I don't know who to use.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Regarding Lev Praha:
Martin Maškarinec is an executive officer (CEO) but it's not the owner. The club is owned by a company Sportovní holding Praha which is represented/led by board of directors - Petr Speychal is their chief (but he is not the owner though). I don't know who to use.
Martin was the only person I could see for Lev, I know you already mention you had them sorted It's so bizarre how some of the teams are controlled!

Using Speychal as 'owner' on the game would be better then nothing though right

Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #17
Garethw87

What I found interesting compiling my list of Owners was the amount of teams that list their 'Security Manager'

Old 03-17-2013, 03:31 AM   #18
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

A short update:
in the next DB update you'll notice an improvement of players' ratings, even we aren't done with all teams yet (but we're getting close to). Teams' player budget is now entered in the DB. I am not sure how the game will handle the figures at this stage, but surely it's a good start. We started working with players' contracts as well, it's still pretty much a work in progress, but the contracts now should be in average better reflected, even if there still a lot of work to be done. Thanks to Gareth's work now all the KHL teams have real staff members, even if not 100% accurate and/or complete for all teams. Unfortunately all the old KHL problems are still there, and they won't be fixed until Sebastian will be done with iOOTP, but the KHL is in a decent shape at least playing with Russian teams.
We will welcome your input.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
YZG

Hi guys, I decided to do some KHL simming to check how it behaves, like I've done recently with the Elitserien. I haven't proceeded yet, but noticed that several teams (Donbass, Dynamo Moskva, SKA, Lev, Dynamo Minsk, probably others as well) have Ukrainian, Belarussian, Czech or Russian players with English names right from the start, before any simming occurs. Are these placeholders you guys created for unrated players, or is the game generating fake players in these teams to fill rosters? In the latter case, it's a bit silly, Dynamo Moskva has good depth.

A special note:
- Araya Dze/Dzyo: This name makes absolutely no sense. Not your fault though, no source seems to get it right anywhere. Araya is a Japanese surname. However, "Dze" or "Dzyo" are sounds that just don't exist in that language. "Jo" or "Jō/Jou" would make more sense, in which case the team/league officials got the transliteration wrong. However,
Junior Hockey League - Players : Araya Jo got it right.

I found this: https://twitter.com/joe_hcdinamo66 and ?? ?'s Twitter account (@joe_hcdinamo66) is worth between $14.26 and $23.77 USD | Account-Market.com. It is very, very likely his twitter account (his bio is short but telling). He transliterates his name correctly. I think it's just a nickname, though. His real name would be 新谷 誠. Last character is the given name: most likely Makoto, which is common in Japan. First two are the family name. Several different Japanese family names spell this way according to jisho.org, including Araya. So... his name would be Makoto Araya, but he would go by the nickname "Jo".

Last edited by YZG; 03-17-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #20
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZG View Post
Hi guys, I decided to do some KHL simming to check how it behaves, like I've done recently with the Elitserien. I haven't proceeded yet, but noticed that several teams (Donbass, Dynamo Moskva, SKA, Lev, Dynamo Minsk, probably others as well) have Ukrainian, Belarussian, Czech or Russian players with English names right from the start, before any simming occurs. Are these placeholders you guys created for unrated players, or is the game generating fake players in these teams to fill rosters? In the latter case, it's a bit silly, Dynamo Moskva has good depth.
It's the latter case (at least from what I know) and it is caused by roster rules implemented and set not correctly. It should get better in the future although some changes may require Sebastian's work and he works on iOOTP now. Alessandro will be able to provide more information very probably.