Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Folder Permissions Upload Help

So I've searched far and wide for an answer to this problem, google, old OOTP threads, random FTP threads and I am totally out of ideas. Here's the issue.

I'm beginning the start of my new 1986 league. In the past couple weeks, I was able to upload a file to the server with no problem (from within the game), as well as connect successfully as far as reports and team exports as well.

In fact just last night, I was able to obtain two different owner's exports and imported them successfully into the game. Things were moving swimmingly.

However in the 12 hour period between ~4AM 10/25 and 4PM 10/25, something happened to my FTP server in regards to OOTP and I have no clue how to fix it.

I get this error every time I try and run a test of the connection.

FTP connection test completed.
OOTP connected successfully to "host"
Directory listing received
Folder 'wheremystuffis' exists
Attention - OOTP could not open upload a file. Check folder permissions

It's that last phrase I'm afraid of. Mind you more than a handful of owners were able to download the file from the website (message board link) sometime during the day and upload their changes to the server, but I had to manually move them from my FTP server to my saved game folder on my computer. The game would not recognize there were new uploads on the server to import.

And some owners were even having trouble downloading the file, but I think that's an issue that would be handled by solving the first issue.

I'm at a loss of what exactly to do, it would be an extreme hassle to run a league where my owners would have to manually download the game from the message board everytime they wanted to make a change and me to manually import the exports every single time. I have a rudimentary knowledge in FTPisms, but this is still beyond my knowledge capacity.

Anyone else with this issue? It just suddenly cropped up, I didn't mess with my permissions or anything like that, it just suddenly stopped accepting transfers for some reason unless I manually do it.

TL;DR version
1. I can talk to the server, my owners can talk to the server, I can transfer files back and forth manually, but the automatic import/export from within OOTP is not functioning.
2. I think it has something to do with this Attention - OOTP could not open upload a file. Check folder permissions
SFSUGatorAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Future people who google this thread and have tried everything from changing firewalls, disabling firewalls, running a virus scan, manually messing with folder options on your FTP server, manually messing with folder options on your PC, restarting your computer, doing a system restore, remember to check one thing.

Change FTP mode from Passive to Active from within the OOTP online menu.
SFSUGatorAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Bumping this thread. It's a good one to note as lately my people have had problems (only new people) with downloading the league file or exporting for some odd reason.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote