Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
9 to 5
Bat Boy

A simple question about the edit mode

Fairly new to OOTP and never touched the editor before so forgive me if I am a bit slow or if this has been answered before. How easy.hard would it be to remove/edit one of the MLB teams into a custom one with my own custom players?
9 to 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 to 5 View Post
Fairly new to OOTP and never touched the editor before so forgive me if I am a bit slow or if this has been answered before. How easy.hard would it be to remove/edit one of the MLB teams into a custom one with my own custom players?
Very easy.
Go to League Menu - Advanced - League Setup - Edit League Structure.
Delete the MLB teams you want and add your team. Hit regenerate schedule or use a GMO schedule. Best to do this in preseason. Can not do this after preseason to my knowledge. Then just make your changes to the logo and uni.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-use-ootp.html
The Game is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Very easy.
Go to League Menu - Advanced - League Setup - Edit League Structure.
Delete the MLB teams you want and add your team. Hit regenerate schedule or use a GMO schedule. Best to do this in preseason. Can not do this after preseason to my knowledge. Then just make your changes to the logo and uni.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-use-ootp.html
I don't think it would be a good idea for him to delete the teams he wants.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Since you only want to remove/edit one team, I'd suggest going to the "edit league structure" and just rename the team to what you want.

For example, let's say you wanted KC to be in Portland OR. When in the screen to edit league structure, just rename KC to Portland or whatever name you have chosen for the team.

If you are not moving them to another division, then you need do nothing with the schedule. If you do realign your divisions, then you need to create a new schedule.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Since you only want to remove/edit one team, I'd suggest going to the "edit league structure" and just rename the team to what you want.

For example, let's say you wanted KC to be in Portland OR. When in the screen to edit league structure, just rename KC to Portland or whatever name you have chosen for the team.

If you are not moving them to another division, then you need do nothing with the schedule. If you do realign your divisions, then you need to create a new schedule.
Blue question about your method. If it's pre 2013, will the team he changes revert to the original name? I thought I had a similar problem on 11 or 12 when I tried keeping the Expos from becoming Washington with the evolution options checked (I may have even had them unchecked but probably not). Would his team revert when Houston moves to the AL West?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Blue question about your method. If it's pre 2013, will the team he changes revert to the original name? I thought I had a similar problem on 11 or 12 when I tried keeping the Expos from becoming Washington with the evolution options checked (I may have even had them unchecked but probably not). Would his team revert when Houston moves to the AL West?
As long as he doesn't have automatic evolution and historical changes like expansion/relocation checked he'll be fine.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
9 to 5
Bat Boy

Thanks for the advice guys, now a question about my custom players. Has anyone set up their own dream team and included a sign up sheet that is fair and includes data about stats so I am not making all my friends supermen.
9 to 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 to 5 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys, now a question about my custom players. Has anyone set up their own dream team and included a sign up sheet that is fair and includes data about stats so I am not making all my friends supermen.
My dream team I imported all players from their rookie season. When they reached free agency I kept who I could and traded away who I couldn't. My dream team probably would get killed by anyone else's. My Dream Team sucked it's 1st 2 seasons then won the division the next 13 seasons but I didn't win a World Series til year 5. I am 4-3 in world Series.