Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
AceRock86
Bat Boy

Importing a Roster Help!

Having some problems with this, so thanks for the help. Basically, I want to start a new league, and I like the players that are already there from my current league, so I've exported them. No problem. Anyway, with the new league, I want to have an initial 200 round draft. So I've created the league and all, and imported my roster. However, when I go to do the draft, none of the players from my imported roster are there. It's only new generated players. So can someone please help me so that I can get the players from the imported roster into the game? Thanks so much.
AceRock86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Are the imported players still on their teams?

If so, go to league setup, functions, release all players and hold inaugural draft.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
AceRock86
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Are the imported players still on their teams?

If so, go to league setup, functions, release all players and hold inaugural draft.

No, I hit import the mal_roster.txt, it loads and says Import Complete. Then they are no where to be found.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

AceRock, I'm pretty sure this cannot be done in the manner you describe. There has to be a match between player ID's in your import file and player ID's that ALREADY EXIST in your game. Otherwise, you can import all day and the game will never show the players you want to see.

Time consuming workaround: As commissioner, create a number of new free agents in your game equal to the number of players that you want to import. Note all of their player ID's by going through their player profiles and edit tabs, one by one. Change the player ID's in your import file to match. This time, you may be successful when you import them.

Just thought of something else to add to time consumption: There also has to be a match for team ID's (but if team ID is zero, I believe the importees go straight to the free agent pool).

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
AceRock86
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
AceRock, I'm pretty sure this cannot be done in the manner you describe. There has to be a match between player ID's in your import file and player ID's that ALREADY EXIST in your game. Otherwise, you can import all day and the game will never show the players you want to see.

Time consuming workaround: As commissioner, create a number of new free agents in your game equal to the number of players that you want to import. Note all of their player ID's by going through their player profiles and edit tabs, one by one. Change the player ID's in your import file to match. This time, you may be successful when you import them.

Just thought of something else to add to time consumption: There also has to be a match for team ID's (but if team ID is zero, I believe the importees go straight to the free agent pool).

Thanks for the help, but I'm pretty sure you are right. Unless I want to spend all day reworking it, this cannot be done. I just got a brief flash of brilliance and figure why not just sim the rest of the season, and then in the offseason reset the teams for an initial draft. All it does is give me a year of stats to go by. Crisis averted. Haha.